Congressman Pushing Warning Labels for Games is on Worst 10 List

Yesterday, when GamePolitics reported that Rep. Joe Baca (D-CA) had proposed federal legislation which would mandate the placement of health warnings on games rated T and above, we forgot to mention a special award recently bestowed on the Congressman.

In October of 2008 Esquire named Baca one of The Ten Worst Members of Congress.

Here’s what Esquire had to say about Baca:

As chairman of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, Baca steered CHC funds to the campaigns of his two sons. When Congresswoman Loretta Sanchez called him on it, he did the mature thing and called her a "whore."

Nice. So Baca’s corrupt and venal.

timada says:

I hate this guy, he is awfully uncharismatic and very ignorant. His attack on the gaming community is completely unjustified; he has no concept of how video games work, they don’t need warning signs. Just because many of them involve violence as a video game world construct for fun doesn’t mean everyone who plays them is dangerous and going to start murdering people.

shady8x says:

!!!I thought someone should mention that the word Baca sounds a lot like бяка(russian) which translates to BAD THING!!!

So it is no surprise that Mr. BAD THING is one of the 10 worst congressman alive or that he is trying to take a crap on the first amendment…

TBoneTony says:

It is a wonder why we ever bother with politics with people like that….

Yet sadly that is what created the mainstreem news that the majority of people read every day…

I am never buying a newspaper again that talks about mainstreem politics if I can get more vital information here on the net for free.

Shadow D. Darkman says:

Baca calls Sanchez a whore.

1u1z ensue.

"Game on, brothers and sisters." -Leet Gamer Jargon

thefremen says:

I don’t think it’s been proven he’s done anything to be impeached. It was interesting when GP posted the first story though, because I had just seen his name in my local paper regarding new allegations of him accepting bribes.

I really feel sorry for the people of San Bernardino. Many people might also remember the Obama Bucks fiasco which was spawned by the local GOP of the area.

DarkSaber says:

So the question therefore is: What funds are he misappropriating this time and trying to hide by making a fuss about a ‘for the children’ law?

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

DeepThorn says:

Money laundering, repeating mistakes of past politicians in their position, never listening to the people unless they have fat cash, corruption, turning manish (if a female), uncanny need to waste tax payer money on stupid things…  Yeah, I think that takes care of the rest of them…  though I would like to see if anyone can come up with more…

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
    How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

Geoff says:

WARNING: Becoming a politician can have serious effects on your health.  Symptoms include corruption, loss of common sense, corruption, infidelity, power trips, corruption, bathroom fondling, and corruption.

Meh, best I can come up with at the moment.

Tea and cake or death! Tea and cake or death! Little Red Cook-book! Little Red Cook-book!

Shiro says:

That might be too extreme, here: politicians should do jail time for hypocrisy

Only by letting strangers in can we find new ways to be ourselves. Time passes, words lose their meaning.

Zerodash says:

Sounds like this guy has a kindred spirit in another censor-monger who loves to act like a child in a professional circle…

The anti-games angle is truly low-lying political fruit.