Obama Inauguration Celebrated in Second Life

January 20, 2009 -

The Second Life crowd is marking the inauguration of President Barack Obama in a number of ways today.

TechNewsWorld reports that SL festivities will include an inaugural ball:

...there will be two celebrations: the official and ever-so-formal Inauguration Ball and another more informal "meet and greet" party. Tickets to both are free and available at SL dispensers in-world. You can even pick up a free [virtual] tux or ballroom gown if you don't have one or can't afford one...

The ballroom is roofless, since some residents can fly and prefer to make their entrance from above...

"I would like to attend the SL Inaugural Ball," Cubsfan Pugilist, an active Second Life resident, who also organized Obama political rallies in Second Life, told TechNewsWorld. "I also got tickets for the inauguration in DC, but I don't think I will be attending that. So I should be in Second Life."

In addition to the Inauguration Ball, the virtual SL Newspaper lists a half-dozen separate Obama-themed events, while New World Notes chips in with its own list.

Comments

Re: Obama Inauguration Celebrated in Second Life

As a Canadian, this is something that I totally don't "get". Know what I mean??

I'm new!
My sites Dora Explora & Register Tel Domain & Register Dot Tel Domain

Re: Obama Inauguration Celebrated in Second Life

Whenever I see things about second life I lol.

Re: Obama Inauguration Celebrated in Second Life

People still think Second Life matters! How cute.

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: Obama Inauguration Celebrated in Second Life

Do Not Want.

Poll

How do you feel about microtransactions in $60 video games?:

MattsworknameOk, finally got a chance to look at the R mika trailer for SF 5, and I Heart her so bloody much. She just looks like pure fun to play as and is SO colorful. All the YES!08/28/2015 - 3:23am
PHX Corphttp://www.gamnesia.com/news/sony-is-disabling-users-from-archiving-their-ps4-livestreams-of-until-dawn Sony is Disabling Users from Archiving Their PS4 Livestreams of Until Dawn08/27/2015 - 8:47pm
MattsworknameAndrew: SOrry I didnt get back, i went to bed before I saw your post. The Producer is listed as Arbitor36508/27/2015 - 6:06pm
Andrew EisenNope.08/27/2015 - 4:17pm
ZippyDSMleeDid you guys cover Fatal Frame 5 being nintendo Eshop only?08/27/2015 - 3:55pm
Big Perm120 bucks for a tetanus shot. Thanks Obama08/27/2015 - 3:01pm
Andrew EisenMatthew - Of course they do. I wasn't suggesting otherwise. Hell, Quiet's already been cosplayed quite a bit.08/27/2015 - 1:25pm
Big PermThere's been some pretty good Kill La Kill cosplay08/27/2015 - 12:56pm
Matthew WilsonI saw someone cosplay as the main charector from kill la kill last year at pax, so people do it.....08/27/2015 - 12:55pm
Andrew EisenPerm - Well yeah, Kojima himself said something along the lines of "Cosplay this, I dare you! No, seriously. Please cosplay this!" I was just wondering if there was an in-universe explanation.08/27/2015 - 12:45pm
Andrew EisenCheck out last week's story on The State of Play book for an updated cover and a list of all the authors and their essay titles! http://gamepolitics.com/2015/08/21/state-play-looks-current-state-video-games08/27/2015 - 12:44pm
Big PermI figured it was because titties are awesome08/27/2015 - 12:37pm
Andrew EisenI'm still waiting to see if any reviews spill the beans on the story reasons behind Quiet's goofy getup in Metal Gear Solid 508/27/2015 - 12:33pm
ZippyDSMleeHave you seen what the Deva wrestlers wear? Now lets get all that Japan only DLC for DOA over here, and DOA Volly ball,ect let the whining commence!08/27/2015 - 12:18pm
Matthew Wilsonsuprisingly, there has not been the negative reaction I was expecting.08/27/2015 - 12:13pm
Andrew EisenWe should devote a segment to R. Mika's costume on the podcast. It'll be great!08/27/2015 - 11:40am
Andrew EisenMatt - So... who is the producer of the video you linked?08/27/2015 - 11:15am
ZippyDSMleeAnd its not as bad as rumble roses :P08/27/2015 - 11:14am
ZippyDSMleeE. Zachary Knight: I dunno wrestling is about spectacle nd bad costumes are part and parcel of it..08/27/2015 - 11:13am
Big PermThis costume is amazing. Praise it08/27/2015 - 10:59am