Texas Guv Wants More Incentives for Game Developers

January 23, 2009 -

Austin's KeyeTV-42 has a video report on Texas's burgeoning video game industry, including news of a renewed push by Gov. Rick Perry (R) for additional incentives for game developers:

Last year the governor's office estimated there were nearly 100 game and software development companies in Texas. Many companies are based in the Austin area.

Governor Perry has said he wants to make the state the leader in the industry. He has vowed to push lawmakers this session to increase incentives to lure more game makers here.

GamePolitics readers will recall that Perry delivered the keynote address at E3 2008.

Comments

Re: Texas Guv Wants More Incentives for Game Developers

If there is a rating limit, it shouldn't be based on the ESRB, but on specific traits. ESRB is VERY skewed with their ratings.

ECA should draw up a list of traits and their varying degrees, I.E. 'gory' traits such as severed limbs, organ exposure, etc and submit a list suggesting that a game be allowed a certain number of these before it's not given any incentives.

Re: Texas Guv Wants More Incentives for Game Developers

Isn't part of the eligibility for these monies being you have to create an E rated game?

Wall of Text Simulation- Insert coin to continue.

Wall of Text Simulation- Insert coin to continue.

Poll