North Dakota’s 1st Lady Plays Guitar Hero… Legislators Fail at DDR

Bismarck’s KYFR-5 reports that North Dakota’s First Lady Mikey Hoeven (sporting the big hair at left) has played a bit of Guitar Hero. And the wife of Gov. John Hoeven (R) isn’t bad at Dance Dance Revolution, either.

News of Mrs. Hoeven’s gaming chops leaked during an American Heart Association event at the State Capitol. KYFR reports that legislators who gave DDR a try didn’t fare nearly as well as the First Lady:

Sen. Dwight Cook knows a thing or two about North Dakota politics, but there was one thing going on at the capitol today that was over his head.

"It’s not easy, it`s not easy at all," Cook says.

The response most legislators had after testing out Dance, Dance Revolution… Unfortunately, legislators weren`t so enthused about the high-tech workout.

"Most of them, I think, are a little shy or shy away from it because of the technology, I think they`re afraid like `Oh is this going to move too fast for me?` And `I can`t do this,`" says [gym teacher Tammi] Doppler…

First Lady Mikey Hoeven was among the top scoring in the political sector. But she admits, she had the upper hand as the concept of the game isn`t new because she`s played Guitar Hero.

Arell says:

Yeah, yeah.  Another legislator that played GH or DDR, the video games for people who have no clue about video games.  Inform me when you find a Senator that plays Left 4 Dead.

TBoneTony says:

And some of these people claim to know all about videogames regardless of ever being brave enough to try out Videogames.

I remember hearing on the video of the game Night Trap and how the government were calling the game "Load of Filth and needs to be banned"

The developer of Night Trap who was in the audience asked the senator had he ever played the game before and this was the senator’s responce

"I don’t need to play this game, I know it is filth."

Sadly I don’t think that people can change if they get too old and so set in their ways and opinions that they are just so unwilling to listen to anyone.

Bennett Beeny says:

I’m more concerned with the Lambada.  In the last thirty years the so-called ‘forbidden dance’ has not lost any of its diabolical capability for corrupting our younger generation.  All this distraction over videogames has created a situation where youngsters go to nightclubs and writhe around in such a state of moral depravity that they emerge from dance halls and discos in a state of complete moral breakdown.  It’s disgusting and it needs to be stopped!

Alternatively, I’m also all for a good old fashioned witch hunt against GINGERS!

mogbert says:

The 3D images in holographic videos are harmful to children who can’t tell the difference between it and reality. This immersion means that the programs can actually stimulate the brainwave paterns which are also seen in serial homicide murder killers.

In addition, the CIA is currently looking into reports that Mu Staffa cells are using holographic images to practive terroristic fear threats.

Zero Beat says:

I’d be more concerned about Predators myself.  Perhaps we could ask Sigourney Weaver, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Danny Glover to head up a task force to help us combat this threat.

"That’s not ironic. That’s justice."

mogbert says:

The eventual take over of the government by people who aren’t afraid of technology has already begun. Soon, fear mongerors will have to target something else.

Might I suggest aliens?