No Mention of Games in Police Profile of NIU Shooter

Despite assertions from some quarters that violent video games played a role in the February, 2008 shooting rampage at Northern Illinois University, CNN reports that shooter Steven Kazmierczak had a troubled mental health history and was obsessed with the Saw series of horror films.

Games are not mentioned by CNN, which reports that it was granted access to a copy of the NIU investigative report by an author who claims to have obtained it from a law enforcement source.

GamePolitics readers may recall that, in the days following the shooting, disbarred Miami attorney Jack Thompson alleged a violent game connection and threatened to sue NIU for records relating to Kazmierczak’s supposed use of violent games.

In addition, Illinois legislator Rep. Robert Pritchard (R) blamed violent video games while absolving guns in the rampage.

From the CNN story:

Kazmierczak was known as "strange Steve" to roommates, studied the Virginia Tech and Columbine massacres and idolized the sadistic killer in the "Saw" horror films, according to documents from the year-long investigation into the NIU killings.

The still-unreleased police file on the shootings, which also left 18 students wounded, shows that 27-year-old Kazmierczak had been hospitalized several times as a teenager for psychiatric issues and had a history of suicide attempts…

GP: As we have pointed out in the past, Kazmierczak was 27 at the time of the NIU rampage. Even if he had been a fan of violent games, no age-based content restriction would have applied to him.

But, the fact that games were mentioned in connection with the NIU killer once again reinforces GP’s theory that games will invariably come in for blame when mass shooters are under 30 (see: How Old Is Too Old For Game Blame).

UPDATE: Our old pal Jack Thompson writes in to remind us (and call me a "lying son of a bitch" in the process) that there were reports that Kazmierczak played the first-person shooter Counter-strike.

Note to Jack: we’ve already covered that several times here on GamePolitics.

Today’s story, however, is about the CNN coverage of the NIU investigative report which mentions only Kazmierczak’s mental health issues and his affinity for horror films.

THANKS TO: GamePolitics reader Jason Bentley for the tip!

Michael Chandra says:

Correction: You THINK you know what I think. You thought wrong. You made an extremely flawed assumption and made an ass out of yourself by doing so.

Assault happens. Murder happens. Yes. Is it likely that when I get mugged, the guy will prefer drawing the attention of the cops and many more witnesses by murdering me, then doing the same the next time he mugs someone, leaving a massive trail of evidence, drawing media attention and getting an entire team on his ass because he’s a completel lunatic? When the alternative is "oh, just another robbery. Yeah we feel sorry for you, sir. If you’ll leave your testimony we MIGHT be able to link the case if we happen to bust him for something else," and they’re moving on?
    As far as I’m concerned, that’s not likely. I don’t consider it likely in your country, and I absolutely do not consider it likely in mine. Pretty sure I mentioned my country.

Now I knew fully well the scenario you described was possible when I gave you mine. I assumed you’d realize I was aware and did not consider your scenario likely, meaning you’d actually have to explain WHY it is likely, rather than just stating "then this happens! boom! I’m right, you’re wrong!" the way you did. Unfortunately you preferred stating a possible scenario as an absolute certainty and added an insult, rather than trying to explain why your ending to my scenario was likely and what the chances were that actually happens.

What you COULD have done to try to convince me, is spin a tale about how the youth grows more violent and instable, and crime does not become violent in more cases, but in violent cases the violence has grown life-threatening. As such, a violent robbery has far greater consequences for your health than it used to, making it that more important that you are able to defend yourself.
    Instead you chose to refuse to answer my question, ridicule my example after you refused to give one yourself, insult me because I disagree with you, lie about what I think and say, and when I ask you "how often does it happen?" you claim I say "it doesn’t happen" and tell me "it happens". Fun. I asked you how often, for chances. If you don’t got statistics to back yourself up, lie about them, but don’t lie about what I’m saying.

The way you handled this is rather poor. Rather than trying to convince me you have just reasons for thinking the way you do and trying to get me to try to think the same way, you tried to prove yourself right without any interest in listening to or trying to convince others. This entire discussion was, to you, nothing more but an ego-trip. To me, it was nothing more than a raving lunatic of Jack’s level ranting complete paranoia and desillusion and using that as an excuse to treat me like a moron.

Congratulations, sir. You just won the internet.

PS: Help! I’m being compressed!

HarmlessBunny says:

I was playing CounterStrike back just before it was in Beta 2 (they brought in the AK-47 at that point!) stage right up till the full version 1.0… Technically I should be in demand by Counter Terrorist and Tactical Police Units all over the world by now huh? Reality check: I am a soon to be laid off employee of General Electric, who yes can fire a gun pretty damn accurately (that was because I TRAINED at it through Royal Canadian Air Cadets and also being a member of the Loyal Edmonton Regiment Reserve Force ), I have yet to have kill a single creature…other than not feeding a fish for a week (look I am sorry I was just a kid then)….oh and mosquitoes!!!! (Damn blood sucking bugs)

I should be a full fledged homocidal maniac by now…right? Oh right! In certain moronic pea-brained minds, I should be an insignificant statistic. Reality check: If anyone killed because of a video game, shouldn’t HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE be committing homocidal and destructive acts world wide, causing massive disruption and in result cause a global crisis? Looks like idiot activists and sensational media (I’m looking at you FOX) that thrive on controversy really need to look at certain facts before spewing out the usual rhetoric of "video games make killers/rapists/criminals/etc"

NotSoHardcoreGamer says:

Sadly, the terms "logic", "reason" and "sane thought" are mutually exclusive with Jack Boy.

Or, maybe not "sadly" since his particular brand of craziness hasn’t granted him much success in his crusade.

NotSoHardcoreGamer says:

Lol!  Touché!

Huh, you’d think Jack Boy would have latched on to that issue for the purpose of his crusade by now…  Thank God he’s so infinitely myopic and delusional about not defending gamers.

Not that any sane player legally challenging Nintendo on it would even think about hiring him…

Lurker1 says:

I am always surprised that an issue gets framed in terms of whether someone simply owned a particular videogame. Owning a videogame is different than playing one, which is different than playing one often. My garage, for example, is filled with boxes of videogames that I played once and thought they sucked.

I would hate for anyone to try and draw conclusions about my personality simply from what is in my possession. I own a dirt bicycle that I rode twice. I own a set of golf clubs that I haven’t used in 10 years. I own a treadmill I have never been on. And I own a set of free weights which I have never lifted. Looking at that stuff in the abstract and without context, I guess you could conclude that I am athletic, which of course I am not. A more accurate conclusion would be I am a couch potato who occasionaly makes sad little purchasing gestures at healthfulness.

But I digress. My point is that what a person owns is merely a data point in a much larger data set. This person Steve could well have bought Counterstrike, played it for 10 minutes and lost interest in it. That of course makes no difference to JT, in whose world the mere possession of a videogame  means that person became violent because of it and "trained" on the game to wreak havoc on the community.

Erik says:

Chances?  Okay, so I know that you think assault and murder are fairy tale words, but believe me, they happen.

-Ultimately what will do in mankind is a person’s fear of their own freedom-

Michael Chandra says:

"Care to elaborate on chances" I asked. Chances, not a hypothetical case and an insult. Of course, if you want to play the condescending game, I’ll return the favor: Are you just going to cry wolf all the time without actually bothering to figure out what you’re going on about, or are you ever going to grow up and face reality rather than just your own paranoia?

Erik says:

And then the mugger decides he doesn’t want a witness.  Nice one Ghandi, want to try again?

-Ultimately what will do in mankind is a person’s fear of their own freedom-

Michael Chandra says:

Okay. I get mugged on the street and forced to give off my wallet.

Of course why on earth I have to give such situations when you’re the one who says I need to be able to defend myself with a gun and I ask you why, no idea. Pretty sure the evidence part lies with you right now.

Erik says:

Maybe YOU would like to give a situation of a threat so menial where you can skip off to the police afterwards.

-Ultimately what will do in mankind is a person’s fear of their own freedom-

Michael Chandra says:

Nope. You’re not describing an actual situation, nor mentioning how likely such a situation actually is. It sounds like a bedtime story to make people scared of the boogeyman, not an actual attempt to convince me with reason.

Erik says:

The kind of threat where cops are only good for calling someone to scoop up your brains with a shovel.  That a good enough answer for you?

-Ultimately what will do in mankind is a person’s fear of their own freedom-

Michael Chandra says:

Care to define decent threat? Care to elaborate on chances that here, in the Netherlands, I run into such a decent threat and am better off using a weapon than just going through the motions and going to the cops afterwards?

Michael Chandra says:

Because God knows I am completely unable to defend me against any threat without a gun. Now if PART wouldn’t be allowed to use guns, okay, but I never heard of a gun-control law saying "only psycho bastards can own guns".

Erik says:

I’m going to have to Godwin here.

You know who was at a detriment because of guns being banned?  The Jews.  You see Hitler was a big supporter of gun control.  Can’t have the Jews shooting back now can we?  Know who else was a big supporter of gun control?  The KKK.  Replace Jews with black and you get the same idea.  Pretty much if anyone wants to render you unable to defend yourself the basic question you have to ask is why.

-Ultimately what will do in mankind is a person’s fear of their own freedom-

NovaBlack says:

um… actually violent crimes with weapons in the UK have consistently gone down year on year across the country as a whole.

You may be right in that ‘it didnt help anything’ for us, except that typically we have a FAR lower rate of shootings than in other countries. I see that as helping. I think the more important question, is has it ever ‘detrimented’ me as a uk citizen? Got to say.. in 25 years… havent once been at a detriment because of guns being banned.

nighstalker160 says:

I don’t know about that. Give someone a Wii and if he doesn’t use the wrist strap someone could definitely get hurt.

Sorry, too easy to pass up

DeepThorn says:

I think it is because Jack is as unstable as this guy was…

I highly support people’s right to arms.  I don’t trust our government enough to go the England route of banning guns.  It didn’t help anything for them except people are unable to protect themselves as well, some of the bad people still have guns, and violent crimes with weapons has not gone down at all.  Knives and other weapons just replaced the guns.  (As if it is even hard to make a gun in the first place.)

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
    How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

NotSoHardcoreGamer says:

Jack Boy is so willing to take on video games being sold to underage players, but not how guns can be so easily acquired by those who shouldn’t have them…

NotSoHardcoreGamer says:

It’s not so much that "guns made him do it" but rather that guns give a person direct opportunity and means to kill someone.

Not meaning to be disrespectful or irreverent, but if you give someone a gun when they’re really angry and unstable, they will be likely to use it, and the gun will do what’s designed to do.  But give him a Wii, on the other hand, and hurting other people (much less killing them) is very unlikely.

NotSoHardcoreGamer says:

Yes, please do.

Even after disbarment, Jack Boy still has yet to learn the very simple truth that actions have consequences- especially where unethical and improper behavior is concerned, like his lies, bullying, threats and arrogance are concerned.

I’m amazed at how Jack Boy is capable of completely ignoring other factors responsible for these massacres: mental sickness and social isolation was a big factor in Columbine, Virginia Tech, and here.  He’d be better of (we’ll all be actually) if he was pushing for better mental health care for kids.

But, no…  It just has to be videogames…

Shadow D. Darkman says:

So do I, and I join in the debunking, but it never gets old. I’m always pleading with Dennis whenever Jack comes back that we let [Jack] stay, b/c he’s just too funny to get rid of, IMO.

"Game on, brothers and sisters." -Leet Gamer Jargon

mdo7 says:

Actually, the Jackie-chan thing was not my idea.  It was someone I know from Facebook on a anti-JT group who use the Jackie-chan name on JT. But hey, I decided to bring it in so just to make fun of JT and see what they think of that name.

Oh, by the way that picture is a Epic Win, LOL.  That picture is over 9000!!!

mdo7 says:

My apologies, I didn’t do it on purpose.  Well, the dude in GTA4 is funny, but I want to call JT, Brucie because to taunt JT, not to compare JT to Brucie.

Andrew Eisen says:

"Why does it seem that GP is always quick to bring up ‘blaming guns’ for the shootings?"

GP isn’t saying that, he’s merely reminding readers what Rep. Robert Pritchard said in the wake of the shooting.

Andrew Eisen

Erik says:

You are correct in your statement that guns like games didn’t force the killer to pull the trigger.  But unlike games guns CAN are dangerous objects.  As such comparing them doesn’t really work.  I’m not for heavy handed gun prohibition, but I do feel they need to have some level of control.  Again unlike games.

-Ultimately what will do in mankind is a person’s fear of their own freedom-

Chaltab says:

Why does it seem that GP is always quick to bring up ‘blaming guns’ for the shootings? The gun didn’t force itself into the shooter’s hand and make him pull its trigger.

Games and guns are both inanimate objects, and we should be placing the blame where it belongs–on the people who commit the crimes.

feitclub says:

Yet another killer with a history of unstable behavior. It’s a wonder why anyone EVER brought up his gaming habits, let alone his interest in Saw. Have they covered exactly why someone with a history of mental illness was able to secure firearms? The VT guy got them through a loophole which is now closed…what’s this guy’s secret?

Do Not Talk About Feitclub

Shadow D. Darkman says:

LOL at Jackie-chan.

Question is, who the hell is gonna play the Shredder if he’s a common Foot ninja?

EDIT: Got it shrinked.

"Game on, brothers and sisters." -Leet Gamer Jargon

MasterAssassin says:

Funny thing is I remember shortly after the shooting about how people said he was a "normal" person with no violent tendenices.BULLSHIT!!!!! This man was a sick and disturbed person who needed help. Given the information here, I doubt him going off his meds would have really made a difference. First off anyone who admires Hitler and Bundy or studies the Columbine and Virgina Tech massacres like that is CLEARLY a disturbed person who has problems. What I don’t get is why the people who knew him didn’t report this and try to get him help. That right there is a warning sign that should have given something anyway. Anyone who has an admiration for these kinds of shooters clearly is comtemplating something like this. Also the fact that he was obsessed with the Saw movies is just as irrelevent as whether he played video games or not. If 6 students were found dead in some booby trapped puzzles with a clown puppet then maybe they did, but that’s not what happen. Most of these shooters have a history of mental illness and abuse and instead of trying to help people with those problems we push them asside and try to blame games, guns and adopt draconian zero tolerance policies that ruin the lives of innocent people. Our priorities are backwards here. And this just another case of Jackhole using a national tragedy to promote his own sick agenda. Mr.Thompson you have no compassion and you have no morals. Your a selfish, egotistical, prick who’s only out to benefit yourself. Please go away and find another job, maybe actually contribute to society for a change.

mdo7 says:

* raising hand * aye.

oh, I got another name for him , Brucie, John John, Jack Jack, Jack the Game Ripper, and for those who like to use japanese honorifics, Jackie-chan. LOL.

Shadow D. Darkman says:

Well said. I especially like the "John Boy" name. Shall we adopt it?

*turns to the rest*

All in favor?

"Game on, brothers and sisters." -Leet Gamer Jargon

PHX Corp says:

I standed back when JT posts his retoric and then Let you guys debunk his retoric, Then I have my daily dose of laughs at the pathiecness that is JT

Watching JT on GP is just like watching an episode of Jerry springer only as funny as the fights

black manta says:

Wow, Dennis.  Just wow.  Jack must have been really, really mad at you to call you that.  And by the way, Jack, tsk tsk.  For someone who swears up and down to be a Christian, that’s not a very Christian thing of you to do.  You should know better.

Jeez, and people wonder why I’m so turned-off by the religion to the point where I never want to enter a church again.   It’s the sheer hypocrisy and arrogance of people like him.  I know they’re not all like that.  I’ve just had too many bad experiences.

Seriously, though, Dennis, you should be nominated for sainthood having to put up with this guy.  I’ve followed his career for much longer and I’ve long sinced passed the point of wanting to say anything to him.  ****

Yeah I said it.  Go ahead, Jack if you’re reading this.  Go ahead and use it as more ammunition to say gamers are all a bunch of violent thugs who are "out to get you."  The truth of the matter is, Jack, that you’re just an asshole.  And eventually when you’ve annoyed and angered anyone long enough, they’re going to want to beat you to a pulp.  ****  Trust me.

AE: No threats please.

Erik says:

John Bruce,  May I call you John Boy?  No?  Okay John Boy it is.  You see John Boy, no one is disputing the possibility that he played video games up to and including Counter-Strike.  Being in the age category that he is NOT playing said games would be an anomaly.  But what is in doubt is the connection that these games would have in said shooting.  I know you think that these games turn everyone that plays them into violent sociopaths.  But really people like this are statistically insignifigant.

Now John Boy I know at this point you are ranting and raving like a drunken, crazed hobo about your "studies".  The studies you always try to bring up generally state that video games, in some people, have the potential to cause a spike in aggression.  Again no one is disputing that.  But you see you are making the idiotic leap of logic that aggression = murder.  Aggression is a rather natural and everyday human emotion.  Many things can cause a spike in aggression from sports to rush hour traffic to (according to some similar studies) the Holy Bible.

Yes, the killer very likely played video games

Yes video games can cause an arrousal in aggression in some people

No video games cannot be responsible for a crime because they cannot remove a person’s personal decision whether or not to take another’s life.

-Ultimately what will do in mankind is a person’s fear of their own freedom-

jccalhoun says:

This is the crime that shows just how big of a liar Jacko is.  He jumps up and down swearing that he only wants to prevent underage people from playing M-rated games and yet he is so infatuated with this crime — which was committed by someone who was over the age of 18 when Counter-Strike was originally released. Which is it Jacko?

PHX Corp says:

JT maybe very funny, but he’s getting very annoying right now

Archgabe says:

It was vidjagames!… no

It was vidjagames!… no

It was vidjagames!… no

Anyone see a pattern here?  Has to be the games.  There is just so much evidence!  Really, is it about blaming the games until they get it right at least once?

nightwng2000 says:

While my own opinion is about equally valueless as any other opinion, what I did learn and know about Steven was this:

He, like so many others of his mental illness, thought that everyone else saw him as mentally ill, even when there were no external signs.  Even when no one else even knew he had problems.

Like so many others, he saw himself in that way, even though his preceptions were wrong.  And that, too, was a part of the illness.

While the article paints a pretty negative view of him, what came out during the early days of the investigations was that he was absolutely brilliant, despite his mental illness.  When on his medication, which few outside of a close circle of family and friends knew about, he passed as an average student with no problems.  Despite negative opinions of him AFTER the shooting, he received a LOT of praise, especially by professors, for his knowledge.

They call it "obsession".  BULLSHIT!  I decry that as BULLSHIT!

For cripes sake, look at what he was studying in college!  His focus on the criminal mind, is it REALLY a surprise that he would have an interest in past real and/or fictional "criminal minds"?  Especially the fictional superminds, such as "Saw"?  Hell, if he didn’t have an interest in Hannibal Lecther, I’d be surprised.  Ted Bundy?  Duh!

And WHY choose that study?  Gee, could it be his own concerns, whether others preceived it or not, that HE could have been driven to commit such acts?

From what little we truly know of him, he was afraid of being seen as different.  He even appeared to think that taking medication would lead others to see him as different (see the stories about his fighting the meds during his group home stay).

His illness, in fact, prevented him from seeing that while he was on his meds, NO ONE KNEW he had a problem because no one even knew he was taking meds.

The illness won.  And while so many others were lost in this tragedy, the great mind of a great potential criminal psychologist or profiler, or whatever other mental health field he would have gone into was also lost.

Not because of a movie, a genre of movies, a video game, or a genre of video games, but because of his mental illness.

It doesn’t excuse what he did.  It doesn’t justify what he did.  And had he survived, it wouldn’t reduce his responsibility for what he did.  But, hopefully, the intellignet individuals out there will learn something more than he was "obsessed" with a movie or video game.

NW2K Software

Nightwng2000 has also updated his MySpace page: Nightwng2000 is now admin to the group "Parents For Education, Not Legislation" on MySpace as

PHX Corp says:

He already lost the fight(Give up JT, you lost) When are we going to press charges on JT for harassment(Just asking)

Watching JT on GP is just like Watching Jerry springer only the fights are funny

hellfire7885 says:

No no no, don’t you see!?!? IF the police search the school grounds they will surely find an abadnoned… er… gamestation 4 with a copy of Counter strike layign nearby? What? What version!?!? That makes no difference, the game programmed him to ditch so the industry wouldn’t be implicated!!!! W, what!?!? Stop looking at me like that!!! Oh, you’re one of THEM aren’t youQ?Q? Sleeper agent!!!!

BearDogg-X says:

And where did those reports come from?

A couple of people who are a few fries short of a Happy Meal(The butt monkey Thompson himself and Lyndon LaDouche) and a story in a tabloid owned by Fox News.

It takes a "lying son of a bitch" to know one.

The fact that the police made no mention of games at all further proves that Thompson is one.

Geaux Saints, Geaux Tigers, Geaux Hornets, Jack Thompson can geaux chase a chupacabra.

Saints(0-3), LSU(3-0)

hellfire7885 says:

"(and call me a "lying son of a bitch" in the process)"

Ah yes, he is just the ideal picture of professionalism eh? /saracasm

Seriously though, let me guess, the games were ditched and they will find a hard drive with Counter Strike on it, the GOldsource version, at the bottom of a well or in a ditch, or maybe it’s buried next to Jimmy Hoffa at the 50 yard bump. zOMG, Thompson may be on to something O.O

And yes, that was also sarcasm.

Dexee says:

So my observation is that this guy is not only NOT a "user of [illegal] games" (putting it into a drug reference for Jackolantern), but has KNOWN health and psychological problems? Definately fits a real person who would go nuts and do this.

Still a big WTF Award for people trying to put the link in that Killer == Games

@GP: Don’t you have a potential lawsuit for assault and other charges against Jack at this point with how much harassment and verbal abuse he gives you, in either electronic or analog form?

DeepThorn says:

Hahaha, yeah…  especially with his crazy views, no credible psychologist would be able to pass him off as perfectly psychologically healthy.  I know far more than most people in the field, and I can definitely see signs of many different problems.  He requires to be in the spot light constantly, he always has to be right, he always has to be active, he has socially awkward behavior (oh boy do we know that…), and for the atheist out there, he believes in a magical creature that grants him access to a special place after he dies, but everyone that disagrees with him goes to this other place and suffers torture for the rest of time.  (I wonder if physicist can tell me when the end of time is?)

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
    How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

Andrew Eisen says:

It’s a divisive series, I’ll give it that.  People either seem to dig them or hate them with very little middle ground.

As to my taste in film…well, you should see my DVD collection.  I have very eclectic taste.  You’ll find everything from the Powerpuff Girls to I Spit On Your Grave.

My personal top five in no particular order are:

-Ghostbusters (this one is actually my all time, absolute favorite film)

-The Nightmare Before Christmas

-The Blues Brothers

-Little Shop of Horrors (1986)

Andrew Eisen

Austin_Lewis says:

Come now Andrew, I thought you had better taste!

Shame.  Anyhow, I think the series has been crap since Saw III.  It’s uninventive, and lacks a real storyline other than ‘oh, I think I’ll see if these people deserve to live for some sin they’ve committed.’

Andrew Eisen says:

Saw’s sixth movie will be out in October.

Counting Freddy vs. Jason as one film for each franchise, Friday the 13th has 12 movies and A Nightmare on Elm Street has 8.

I’ve enjoyed all the Saw movies so far.  All the films have their weak points but overall I think they still hold up and am quite looking forward to 6.

Andrew Eisen

JustChris says:

Whooptee-doo…So what if Jack was telling the truth, and video games did make him do it? That won’t help out his cause at all. Is he going to help pass a law that will punish stores for selling an M-rated game to a 27 year old? Not likely. He shouldn’t make a case for something if it’s irrelevant to his legislative goals.

DeepThorn says:

As he not only does, he called Dennis a lying son of a bitch, haha.  Very mature of Thompson #1.

#2. Thompson evidently does not know much about psychology if he thinks the game caused anything.

#3. Thompson evidently needs psychological help as well, as I have been claiming for 2 years now.  (Happy birthday to the day I first started claiming that BTW.)

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
    How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

HarmlessBunny says:

Somehow I suspect Jack and other anti-video game activists will still blame games on this one…but good to know there were other factors. Kazmierczak, plain and simple, is a sick sick person though. Hopefully the massacre/ambulence chasers will leave this be…

MrKlorox says:

There’s stopping taking meds, then there’s weaning off meds.

Perhaps there should be better education about the difference, for those about to become medicated.

mdo7 says:

One last sarcasm since I can’t edit it after 2 hrs.

I blame Oliver Stone’s Wall Street and The International for the global economic crisis.

That quote "Greed is good" is actually evil, it can turn anyone into a money-mongering maniac who’s willing to create a financial crisis in this nation.

End Sarcasm, officially

mdo7 says:

The Three Mile Island is not that bad unlike Chernobyl.  You can read it here.  I’m very surpised no lawsuits or criminal charges came on that movie.  People like to point blame on something, but not on this incident.  But still, this incident happen 12 days after the China Syndrome hit theater.  Someone from the nuclear plant could have seen that movie too much become obssessed and delusional on that film and actually could not have tell reality from fantasy, not being a JT here but maybe it wasn’t the movie fault, unless someone from that incident confessed about "that movie made me do it".

mdo7 says:

Yeah I know, he would made a case on a lot of thing.

-For example, the Russian-Georgian conflict.  Too similar to Ghost Recon, that would have made a case.

-Also, if a World War 3 happen and no nuclear weapon has been used, Tom Clancy’s Endwar is to be blame for it because we all know all CO play Endwar as part of their training to become a general.  JT would have made this a federal case.

Also, for sarcasm:

-Whey didn’t they arrest Scorcese, Deniro, and Jodie Foster when Taxi Driver made Hinkley shot Regan.

-Also why didn’t they arrest Columbia Picture and the crew of The China Syndrome for causing the Three Mile Island incident (this incident happen 12 days after the film came out. Clearly, the film "trained" a personel to cause that accident) , and Chernobyl accident.  If that film wasn’t made then the people at Chernobyl wouldn’t have suffer and Ukraine would have been a better place.  Those poor Ukrainians, Damn you Jane Fonda, and Michael Douglas, and John Lemmon for creating a blueprint for nuclear accident.

End sarcasm.

Neeneko says:

I can’t help but notice the common thread of ‘then XYZ stopped taking his/her medication’ in many such killings.

Makes me think back to ‘ethics of madness’ where it was actually a crime to stop taking medication if you had certain disorders for just this reason: becoming a threat to others.

mdo7 says:

You’re not jumping to conclusion, I would’ve say the same thing also.

I guess people forgot about the Bath School Massacre in 1927 (I wonder what game made Andrew Kehoe kill and bomb the school?).  Well, you have to be glad the FBI and the Secret Service is on our side. *looking at BAU* Thank you BAU and the show Criminal Minds (Love the show) for telling people that killers kill because of psychological or social or emotional problem, not subliminal messages from media or medium.

Shoehorn Oplenty says:

Once again we have a shooter who has no connection with video games, but who DOES have a history of mental illness and psychological illness… Before video games were even created there have been spree shooters with psychological problems.

Maybe I’m jumping to conclusions here, but shouldn’t that be the aspect that everyone should concentrate on, instead of a non-existant link to video games?

BrandonL337 says:

So has that Franchise gone to shittyville yet?  Considering it has nearly as many movies as friday the 13th or nightmare on elm street, it can’t be long now.

There have always been motherf*ckers, there will always be motherf*ckers, but what we can’t do is let them control our motherf*cking lives. -John Oliver, December 1st, 2008

Andrew Eisen says:

I’m always raise an eyebrow whenever I hear reports that someone was "obsessed" with something.  Too many times it seems people are simply interchanging the word with "was a big fan of."

Was Kazmierczak obsessed with the Saw films or merely a fan?  I’m a fan of the films.  I don’t have a tattoo but I see the new films every year and own the DVDs.

I guess Kazmierczak wasn’t obsessed with the franchise enough to wait for movie 5 and 6 which, as any fan would know, were already planned by the time 4 rolled around.

Andrew Eisen

Lost Question says:

"he goes and seeks psychological help" you should add from a psychologist that isnt somehow related to him after all he sought "psychological help" a long time ago in a attempt to prove he’s sane from a member of his church

DeepThorn says:

Another article that points out that Jack has 0 points on his side, is an ambulance chaser, and should have no rights as a US citizen with the tax money he has wasted over the years. (At least until he pays back every penny, pledges a legally enforceable oath that states that he will never again interfere with the legal system unless it DIRECTLY affects him, makes a public apology for the wasting of time and money in the court systems, AND [most importantly] he goes and seeks psychological help.)

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
    How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

mdo7 says:

I saw this on CNN before this article was put up.  I guess people are going to blame Saw and say it’s evil.

"to roommates, studied the Virginia Tech and Columbine massacres and idolized the sadistic killer in the "Saw" horror films, according to documents from the year-long investigation into the NIU killings."

Ok, he creeping me out when he studied those school shooting.  He said he idolize Saw, that would explain why 18 students came out with weird death instruments on to their necks and heads, and why Steve wanted to play a game with them using the puppert. *end sarcasm*

"freshman suitemates recall him as being obsessed with infamous figures such as Adolf Hitler and Ted Bundy…"

Ok, that would give me a reason to call him "strange Steve".

Looks like JT lost again, and Fox News losing all their viewers and watching CNN.  Well, case solved and video game are out of this one.

Shadow D. Darkman says:

*sees the picture*

What the fuck… Is that really Kazmierczak wit Jigsaw’s mask?

That’s… creepy.