Report: Obama Plays BrickBreaker on Mobile Phone

February 22, 2009 -

From the Consider the Source Dept:

Gossip mag The Star reports that President Barack Obama indulges in mobile phone gaming apps:

During his first days in office, President Obama laid down the law — Hands off my BlackBerry! But his insistence on keeping it wasn't just because he wanted to stay in touch with family and friends. Turns out the Prez is hooked on playing the mobile game BrickBreaker!

"He plays to unwind," a confidante reveals. "Every night before bed, he gives it a few minutes."

And he's hardly all thumbs.

"His high score is around 15,000!"

Via: GameCulture

Comments

Re: Report: Obama Plays BrickBreaker on Mobile Phone

His score is OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!!!

Re: Report: Obama Plays BrickBreaker on Mobile Phone

ITT people compare themselves to the President of the United States on the basis of cell phone games.

"I got to level 14 in Tetris, clearly I should be the presidential nominee in 2012!"

Re: Report: Obama Plays BrickBreaker on Mobile Phone

I'm sure his score's higher than 15,000.  I bet it's probably closer to like 770, maybe 780 billion.

"There is no sin except stupidity." - Oscar Wilde

"De minimus non curat lex"

Re: Report: Obama Plays BrickBreaker on Mobile Phone

Suck on that, iphone fanboys!

------ Ago. Perceptum. Teneo.

Re: Report: Obama Plays BrickBreaker on Mobile Phone

This would make sense, during the President Campaign, President Obama said the last videogame he played was Pong. (I know his daughters both have a DS and the family bought a Wii...) BrickBreaker would be similar to Pong and would probably fit Obama's style. But President Obama plays Basketball/ workouts to really rewind I believe. I'm just a little confused about the need for every news media to report on Obama's life 24/7. I probably know more about Obama than my only family members.

www.katamaridemocracy.com

Re: Report: Obama Plays BrickBreaker on Mobile Phone

I do the same thing with my DS. It's not a bad way to unwind.

Re: Report: Obama Plays BrickBreaker on Mobile Phone

This may just be a gateway game, soon you'll see "beat down by Mr. President" in Halo 3.

Re: Report: Obama Plays BrickBreaker on Mobile Phone

Er...this just in...some people play video games on their phone...

-If an apple a day keeps the doctor away....what happens when a doctor eats an apple?-

-Optimum est pati quod emendare non possis-It is best to endure what you cannot change-

Poll

Will limiting Steam services to accounts that have spent at least $5 eliminate spammers?:

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm