Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

March 5, 2009 -

Conservative Newt Gingrich has been posting on Twitter about a Nintendo Wii that his wife, Callista,  received as a birthday present.

The former House Speaker, a hardcore mobile Twitter user, has mentioned the Wii at least twice since last evening:

# Callista got a wii from the cushmans and the lubbers for her birthday A lot of bowling golf and tennis to come ...about 18 hours ago from TwitterBerry

# @amlebus callista got a wii for her birthday yesterday. She is excited and wants to golf and bowl with our grandchildren    ...about 7 hours ago from TwitterBerry

Comments

Re: Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

The party wasn't mentioned! Clearly he's a Democrat and GP isn't mentioning this because of the party-line conspiracy...

Huh? Posted under the Republicans tag? So what?

Re: Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

Don't we have a whole "Admittedly a Stretch" section for these things?

Re: Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

I dunno, the fact that politicians are using Twitter seems shocking enough to be news to me.  When they were talking about them twittering during the Inaugeration last month, I was astounded that half of them even knew what twitter was.

Re: Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

Exactly. I mean why does everything have to be a story about Keith 'chipmunk cheeks' Vaz or Jack Jobless or the CA/UT bills?

300 Episodes and counting: http://www.orangeloungeradio.com/

400 Episodes, TEN YEARS and counting: http://www.orangeloungeradio.com/ | Voice of Geeks Network - http://www.vognetwork.com

Re: Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

In other news, I once saw a cat with three collars making its way towards the local bar. Apparently, anything can make news.

| XBOX LIVE GamerTag: Harry Miste | Steam ID: Harry Miste | PSN ID: HarryMiste |

Re: Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

I'm not going to do GP's dirty work but I would guess that this story can be used as a point of reference if Newt Gingrich either comes out for or against something videogame related, gotcha at worst, precedent at best.

Example:

"Newt is no stranger to gaming(link to this story) making his actions here: A. unsurprising B. puzzling"

Re: Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

Failing... to... see... news... worthiness...

Re: Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

it's because of a previous article where he was offering a wii for seomthing.

MattsworknameYeah, i got started and then made it through t the first few misions anthen blood borne05/23/2015 - 10:13pm
Goth_SkunkWhich one, Dragon Age?05/23/2015 - 8:20pm
Wonderkarpalso waiting patiently for Batman.05/23/2015 - 7:36pm
MattsworknameIn still trying ot beat that game the first time. Freaking game has so much side questing05/23/2015 - 7:34pm
Goth_SkunkPlaying a third and probably final playthrough of Dragon Age: Inquisition. Once that's done, I'll move on to AC: Unity, most likely, then get caught up on A-list games I have yet to play, like Murdered: Soul Suspect and Shadows of Mordor.05/23/2015 - 6:33pm
MattsworknameIf you own a vita and like monster hunter, but dont like the bs filler that goes with it. Try tokiden kiwmai05/23/2015 - 6:11pm
Matthew Wilsonaparently their servers got crushed, but I dont see the game selling well. Nintendo fans tend not to be fans of competitive fps05/23/2015 - 5:48pm
MattsworknameSPlatton looks intersting, Love the are style, gonna give the game a try with the upcoming test fire05/23/2015 - 4:39pm
PHX Corp@Technogeek, I'm returning for one more Run with the Global testfire05/23/2015 - 3:41pm
WonderkarpI'm bouncing all over the place but right now I'd say I'm playing Super Mario 64 trying to max out the stars. 2 worlds and 2 secret stars to go05/23/2015 - 1:12pm
TechnogeekReminder: Splatoon Global Testfire returns this afternoon/evening.05/23/2015 - 12:45pm
Andrew EisenA bit busy with my 30 Days of Netflix project but I did play through the first world of New Super Mario Bros. 2 at a sushi restaurant last night.05/23/2015 - 10:59am
MattsworknameSo, whats everyone playing? Im still knee deep in bloodborne, but finaly beat Rom the spider05/23/2015 - 7:20am
Matthew Wilsonmy bad was doing it from my phone.05/22/2015 - 11:34pm