Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

March 5, 2009 -

Conservative Newt Gingrich has been posting on Twitter about a Nintendo Wii that his wife, Callista,  received as a birthday present.

The former House Speaker, a hardcore mobile Twitter user, has mentioned the Wii at least twice since last evening:

# Callista got a wii from the cushmans and the lubbers for her birthday A lot of bowling golf and tennis to come ...about 18 hours ago from TwitterBerry

# @amlebus callista got a wii for her birthday yesterday. She is excited and wants to golf and bowl with our grandchildren    ...about 7 hours ago from TwitterBerry

Comments

Re: Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

The party wasn't mentioned! Clearly he's a Democrat and GP isn't mentioning this because of the party-line conspiracy...

Huh? Posted under the Republicans tag? So what?

Re: Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

Don't we have a whole "Admittedly a Stretch" section for these things?

Re: Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

I dunno, the fact that politicians are using Twitter seems shocking enough to be news to me.  When they were talking about them twittering during the Inaugeration last month, I was astounded that half of them even knew what twitter was.

Re: Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

Exactly. I mean why does everything have to be a story about Keith 'chipmunk cheeks' Vaz or Jack Jobless or the CA/UT bills?

300 Episodes and counting: http://www.orangeloungeradio.com/

400 Episodes, TEN YEARS and counting: http://www.orangeloungeradio.com/ | Voice of Geeks Network - http://www.vognetwork.com

Re: Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

In other news, I once saw a cat with three collars making its way towards the local bar. Apparently, anything can make news.

| XBOX LIVE GamerTag: Harry Miste | Steam ID: Harry Miste | PSN ID: HarryMiste |

Re: Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

I'm not going to do GP's dirty work but I would guess that this story can be used as a point of reference if Newt Gingrich either comes out for or against something videogame related, gotcha at worst, precedent at best.

Example:

"Newt is no stranger to gaming(link to this story) making his actions here: A. unsurprising B. puzzling"

Re: Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

Failing... to... see... news... worthiness...

Re: Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

it's because of a previous article where he was offering a wii for seomthing.

Poll

Have you visited a video game arcade in the last year?:

Matthew WilsonI have not been to a arcade in years. I know arcades are still big in japan.08/20/2014 - 5:38pm
Sleaker@AE - Ah no it's called GroundKontrol - I was just referring to it as a Bar-Arcade.08/20/2014 - 4:39pm
Andrew EisenStill looking for confirmation that High Moon Studios (dev behind the PS3/360 versions) isn't working on it.08/20/2014 - 4:38pm
ZenGotcha.08/20/2014 - 4:37pm
Andrew EisenI already updated the story with it!08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
Zenhttp://www.gonintendo.com/s/235574-treyarch-isn-t-working-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-for-wii-u-either08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
ZenLet me send the link for the Tweet as well...they state Treyarch is not working on it. Grabbing it now.08/20/2014 - 4:34pm
Andrew EisenWhere does it say that "NO dev is working on it"?08/20/2014 - 4:33pm
ZenHere's the link for my last comment: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/20/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-not-coming-to-wii-u08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
ZenWell, Call of Duty is skipping Wii U completely it seems...they updated that NO dev is working on it. Great way to just skip a market.08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
Andrew EisenYeah, Dave and Busters back in 2011 was the last time for me.08/20/2014 - 4:16pm
ZenWell, I tried lol. We just got a Dave and Busters on the beach but haven't been there yet...may go this weekend.08/20/2014 - 3:52pm
Andrew EisenIt's called The Bar-Arcade? Missed opportunity. I would have gone with Barcade.08/20/2014 - 3:25pm
SleakerThe Bar-Arcade however did have a lot of good pinball machines, they were however always taken as the place was packed..08/20/2014 - 1:17pm
Sleakerso I've been to an Arcade-Bar, not that great of a place has some okay machines, but generally over-packed. And then all the kid-friendly ones have is ticket-games nothing actually good unfortunately :(08/20/2014 - 1:14pm
Andrew EisenIf it has an area dedicated to arcade machines, I'd say it counts. Arcade machine in your house though, nope.08/20/2014 - 12:16pm
ZenDoes it count if you have actual arcade machines in your house?08/20/2014 - 12:01pm
E. Zachary KnightWith the current poll, I guess it all depends on how one defines "arcade". If Chuck E Cheese or similar multipurpose businesses count, then that is a yes for me.08/20/2014 - 11:59am
ZenLet the ax fall Sleaker...lessons MUST be learned...08/20/2014 - 11:44am
Andrew EisenNote to Shout boxers: if it's not a current GP story or something currently being discussed in the Shout box, please provide a link to what you're referring to or at least some context so we know what you're talking about and can discuss it with you.08/20/2014 - 11:44am