Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

March 5, 2009 -

Conservative Newt Gingrich has been posting on Twitter about a Nintendo Wii that his wife, Callista,  received as a birthday present.

The former House Speaker, a hardcore mobile Twitter user, has mentioned the Wii at least twice since last evening:

# Callista got a wii from the cushmans and the lubbers for her birthday A lot of bowling golf and tennis to come ...about 18 hours ago from TwitterBerry

# @amlebus callista got a wii for her birthday yesterday. She is excited and wants to golf and bowl with our grandchildren    ...about 7 hours ago from TwitterBerry

Comments

Re: Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

The party wasn't mentioned! Clearly he's a Democrat and GP isn't mentioning this because of the party-line conspiracy...

Huh? Posted under the Republicans tag? So what?

Re: Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

Don't we have a whole "Admittedly a Stretch" section for these things?

Re: Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

I dunno, the fact that politicians are using Twitter seems shocking enough to be news to me.  When they were talking about them twittering during the Inaugeration last month, I was astounded that half of them even knew what twitter was.

Re: Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

Exactly. I mean why does everything have to be a story about Keith 'chipmunk cheeks' Vaz or Jack Jobless or the CA/UT bills?

300 Episodes and counting: http://www.orangeloungeradio.com/

400 Episodes, TEN YEARS and counting: http://www.orangeloungeradio.com/ | Voice of Geeks Network - http://www.vognetwork.com

Re: Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

In other news, I once saw a cat with three collars making its way towards the local bar. Apparently, anything can make news.

| XBOX LIVE GamerTag: Harry Miste | Steam ID: Harry Miste | PSN ID: HarryMiste |

Re: Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

I'm not going to do GP's dirty work but I would guess that this story can be used as a point of reference if Newt Gingrich either comes out for or against something videogame related, gotcha at worst, precedent at best.

Example:

"Newt is no stranger to gaming(link to this story) making his actions here: A. unsurprising B. puzzling"

Re: Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

Failing... to... see... news... worthiness...

Re: Newt Gingrich Gushes About Wife's New Wii on Twitter

it's because of a previous article where he was offering a wii for seomthing.

Poll