San Diego Honors Sony Online Entertainment

March 5, 2009 -

We understand that the Evercrack addicts will be too busy questing to attend the festivities, but...

The City of San Diego is marking the 10th anniversary of the Everquest launch by naming March 10th as Sony Online Entertainment Day, reports Massively:

[SOE CEO] John Smedley will be on hand to accept this very nifty award from San Diego City Councilmember Carl DeMaio. 10 years of being online is a hell of an achievement for any MMO.

Now, the burning question we want to know is if Councilman DeMaio ever had to corpse-run, too?

Comments

Re: San Diego Honors Sony Online Entertainment

Hah, after what SOE did to Star Wars Galaxies, I'd be willing to say they deserve to go out of business, rather than be honored by an award.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen anything good come out of SOE since Pre-CU Star Wars Galaxies.. They've been crushed into submission by the likes of World of Warcraft and Warhammer..

Haha, after checking out thier Wikipedia Entry, they literally haven't come out with anything worth a damn since SWG.. Aside from that pile of dung, "Vanguard", nothing comes close...

Re: San Diego Honors Sony Online Entertainment

hah

ten years an achievement for any MMO?

nice try

there will always be addicts

| XBOX LIVE GamerTag: Harry Miste | Steam ID: Harry Miste | PSN ID: HarryMiste |

Re: San Diego Honors Sony Online Entertainment

... No.

MattsworknameI did the direct x 9 fix, issue remains08/04/2015 - 10:13pm
MattsworknameI've had issues with it since the start really, as soon as I tried to run it on Win 8.1, vegas woudl crash as soon as i launched it, even when using the base game08/04/2015 - 10:12pm
MattsworknameManta: I run into issues the moment I try to use any mods. and some times even no mods08/04/2015 - 10:09pm
MattsworknameChris ray gun on the gawker media scandel from a few weeks back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apGv0KTV9IM08/04/2015 - 10:08pm
black mantaFunny, Matt. I've been able to run it from Steam no problem.08/04/2015 - 10:02pm
Big PermDo you need Directx 9.0c still? Should be a manual download for win 7/808/04/2015 - 9:55pm
MattsworknameBlack manta; I've been trying to get vegas and 3 to work on windows 8 for months and no method I tries fixed it manta08/04/2015 - 9:53pm
Big PermOh wow, yeah cleared my entire history and now suggestions are subs instead08/04/2015 - 9:15pm
Big PermI think you can mecha. Unless it's just removing it from your UI and still tracking it behind the scenes08/04/2015 - 9:11pm
MechaTama31It would be nice if Youtube just let you delete a video from your history, like Netflix does.08/04/2015 - 9:09pm
black mantaF3 and NV have long been since fixed. They run great on Windows 8 and 8.1. And there's also the Unofficial Patch for F3 and the Mission Mojave patch for NV in case they don't.08/04/2015 - 9:05pm
MattsworknameYeah Big, but for those who had the game for long times, it is to late for that08/04/2015 - 8:43pm
Big PermNow that steam refunds are a thing, I'd hope they care more about not releasing a buggy mess.08/04/2015 - 8:34pm
MattsworknameI really think someone should get on bethesda abotu this and find out if there gonna fix it for the anthology, and if those fixs will be provide to those who already own the software on steam08/04/2015 - 8:24pm
Mattsworknamethey fix it, I fear this is gonna be a problem cause it means 2 games will be nearly unusa le for a large number of those buying the game08/04/2015 - 8:23pm
MattsworknameSo, I have a concern. Im super pumped for fallout 4, but I noticed bethesda is also selling an anthology. Which is a great idea, save that both Fallout 3 and New vegas are near unusable on anything paste windows 7, and even on 7 it's a buggy mess. Unless08/04/2015 - 8:22pm
benohawkI've had no issues so far08/04/2015 - 6:45pm
MattsworknameSame here so far, minus some issues with a few old games, it's been solid for me. I do think they need to adjust some of the interface in the start menu, but I can work with it08/04/2015 - 5:56pm
Matthew WilsonI like it, havent had any major issues.08/04/2015 - 5:45pm
MattsworknameSo, now t hta we have had time to mess with it, whats everyones view on windows 10?08/04/2015 - 5:43pm