Online Game: Bailout Bonus Beatdown

March 24, 2009 -

Sure, those AIG bonuses were maddening, but punching out execs isn't the solution that most rational people have in mind.

Still, Kewlbox has posted Bailout Bonus Beatdown, an online game in which players have 15 seconds to throw punches (read: click their mouse) at a greedy yet defenseless exec from the "P.I.G. Insurance Company."

GP: We'd like to think that the state of games as political commentary has advanced beyond the tired whack-a-mole, punchout and first-person shooter genres. But, apparently not...

Comments

Re: Online Game: Bailout Bonus Beatdown

Well, I don't expect you'll EVER see this on the iPhone.  Apple's delayed our "Bailout Bonanza" for over a month, and all you do there is catch bags of $$$$.

Too political?  You tell me:  http://bit.ly/abNCA

Shigeru Miyamoto

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time. Shigeru Miyamoto

Re: Online Game: Bailout Bonus Beatdown

Honestly, I'd rather beat the people that allowed the bonuses to go through rather than the people just doing their jobs.  Oh noes, someone got paid for doing their job!  When will the insanity stop!?

Re: Online Game: Bailout Bonus Beatdown

Here's the link if you want to play

Watching JT on GP is just like watching an episode of Jerry springer only as funny as the fights

America has just became its own version of the Jerry Springer Show after a bizarre moment in Florida involving a carnival worker.

Re: Online Game: Bailout Bonus Beatdown

Reminds me of the "Don't Taze Me Bro!" 'game' from back in the day. Another pile of crap masquerading as a game. Yeah Super Columbine was considered by some (not me) to be tasteless and wasn't topical but it was at least functional. There was no reason for this game save to milk website hits as near as I can tell. It isn't a game, its a political message in a false game format that really would of worked better as a video.

Re: Online Game: Bailout Bonus Beatdown

A.I.G is P.I.G. (Had to make the joke) how do we play the game because it redirects me to the page where you get the code to embed it

Re: Online Game: Bailout Bonus Beatdown

"We'd like to think that the use of games as political commentary has advanced beyond the tired whack-a-mole, punchout and first-person shooter genres. But, apparently not..."

I wouldn't call this political commentary, GP.  It's politically themed, but in the end, it's not commentary so much as stress/frustration relief.  It's less a message, and more one of those squeezable boss heads.

Wonderkarpyou're weird01/25/2015 - 11:23pm
WonderkarpMy Ipad likes to capitalize every word when I'm on game politics.01/25/2015 - 6:29pm
ConsterI Was Talking About You Capitalizing The Starting Letter Of Each Word.01/25/2015 - 5:56pm
WonderkarpI didnt know we were talking about Capitalism. What do mass shootings have to do with trade and industry that is controlled by private owners for profit?01/25/2015 - 3:28pm
ConsterYou do realize that what you're doing right now isn't what capitalism means, right?01/25/2015 - 2:39pm
WonderkarpActual Thing, Never Proven :P We All Know That You Dont Need Evidence For Something To Be Real, Huh.01/25/2015 - 9:40am
WonderkarpConster, I was quoting Anita Sarkeesian01/24/2015 - 10:39pm
ZippyDSMleeodd its not wanting to post half the time 0-o01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleetest01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleeWonderkarp: They tried to be natural with God Of Wars QTE’s, sometimes it felt random which I hate the most in QTEs. The way you interface with gameplay (press X to get X result) should never rely on randomly generated mechanics unless it’s a status01/24/2015 - 7:57pm
Andrew EisenI've passed your comment on.01/24/2015 - 5:45pm
Neo_DrKefkaHey GamePolitics staff can you guys work out the way the ads are delivered via mobile? Sometimes any attempt to do anything on this site automatically forwards you to download "Flappy bird" on a shady site or another thing. It just hijacks my Safari01/24/2015 - 3:47pm
WonderkarpI feel like the only good QTEs were the ones in the God of War series. I dont know why though.. maybe its the visceral carnage01/24/2015 - 1:13pm
ZippyDSMleeprh99: QTEs are dumb I ever understood the need for them outside being cheap and wanting to pad mechanics with scripted events that use only a few buttons.01/24/2015 - 12:58pm
InfophileAnd a more detailed breakdown of expenses here: http://imgur.com/L46SUMw01/24/2015 - 12:42pm
InfophileFor anyone still complaining about where the funding for Tropes vs. Women went: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4z6qa561roidh5/femfreq_annualreport2014.pdf?dl=0 (page 16) Not that this will actually stop claims of fraud, but it's good to have a counter.01/24/2015 - 12:38pm