Ruby's Bequest: New ARG Examines the Future of Caring

March 29, 2009 -

A new alternate reality game examines the future of caring in America.

Ruby's Bequest challenges players to make the fictional town of Deepwell a more caring place in order to earn a sizeable sum left by the mysterious Ruby Wood. The game will continue through April 10th.

From the ARG site's description:

Like Grover's Corners or Lake Wobegon, Deepwell is a fictional place. Deepwell's people, however, are alive (played by actors) and Deepwell's story is not preordained – it's up to our participants to shape its outcomes. In the next 60 days, as Deepwell moves forward into the next decade, its viewers will be traveling along. As they experience the future's challenges to the way we care for one another, they can respond with perspectives, ideas and solutions. Ruby's Bequest is a place where people with any level of experience with caring can meet and collaborate on visions of a more caring future...

Like Deepwell, America faces a future in which the ecosystems of caring grow more stressed. When you contribute your perspectives, stories and common sense to help Deepwell solve its problems, you are actually helping our nation anticipate its future challenges and craft its wisest responses. Each contribution helps us collectively to arrive at larger truths.

Via: BoingBoing

Comments

Re: Ruby's Bequest: New ARG Examines the Future of Caring

Care...  Bear...  stare!  :D

Re: Ruby's Bequest: New ARG Examines the Future of Caring

THink of it like a LARP but you have emos and witless trend followers insted of elfs and mages....

Gore,Violence,Sexauilty,Fear,Emotion these are but modes of transportation of story and thought, to take them from society you create a society of children and nannys, since adults are not required.

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Re: Ruby's Bequest: New ARG Examines the Future of Caring

urge to grief rising...

Here are we -- and yonder yawns the universe.

Here are we -- and yonder yawns the universe.

Re: Ruby's Bequest: New ARG Examines the Future of Caring

ARGs. Were they ever popular, effective or, for that matter, good?

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Matthew Wilsonmy bad was doing it from my phone.05/22/2015 - 11:34pm