Wii To Be Hot Topic at Games For Health Conference

April 3, 2009 -

Registration has opened for the fifth annual Games For Health Conference.

This year's event will be held in Boston on June 11-12.

Nintendo's best-selling Wii console looks to be a hot topic. Of 31 GFH sessions listed so far, 20% are specific to either the Wii or to the Wii-dominated topic of exergaming. These sessions include:

• Using Wii Games to Help Parkinson's Patients
  • Capturing Wiimote & Acceleromter Data for Active Gaming Evaluation
  • Senior Wii : A Study of Seniors and Wii Exercise
  • A Study of Wii Fit Effectiveness
  • Criticisms of Exergaming
  • Discussion & Best Practices for Implementation for Health Application of Exergames

Comments

Re: Wii To Be Hot Topic at Games For Health Conference

Sweet. If Nintnedo can get people to play games as a form of health maintenance, there's another avenue for games to be accepted.

Re: Wii To Be Hot Topic at Games For Health Conference

And then Nintendo will conquer the fitness business and stop making games altogether.

Re: Wii To Be Hot Topic at Games For Health Conference

Wii Fit has sold over 6 million in the US alone.

Andrew Eisen

Re: Wii To Be Hot Topic at Games For Health Conference

Wii fit isn't an exercise game, its a balencing game. My cousin is a PE coach at an elementry school,and he got the game to see if there was anything to use as a real exercise. He said it was a bit disapointing that it was not any real exercises. The closest thing to it was stretching.

We don't need the government, all we need is Medicare, Medicade, and Social Security!

Re: Wii To Be Hot Topic at Games For Health Conference

Huh, he must have missed the two dozen strength and aerobic games (push-ups, lunges, running, hula-hoop, etc.).

Andrew Eisen

Re: Wii To Be Hot Topic at Games For Health Conference

Re: Wii To Be Hot Topic at Games For Health Conference

Betcha they're gonna use the recent Wii Fit death are cannon fodder against the health aspects of the game.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

Re: Wii To Be Hot Topic at Games For Health Conference

What he said. Please explain.

Re: Wii To Be Hot Topic at Games For Health Conference

Wii Fit death? Explain.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------

"A Chrono Trigger is anything that unleashes its will or desire to change history!" -Gaspar

Poll

Which Feminist Frequency video are you looking forward to most?:

WonderkarpFCC appears to be kicking ass today01/29/2015 - 4:11pm
Matthew WilsonThat is why I said "every market". for example totalbescuit has TWC, and the best he can get atm is 10/10.01/29/2015 - 1:58pm
Andrew EisenTWC offers speeds that high, at least in my area. (Standard is 15Mpbs)01/29/2015 - 1:54pm
Matthew Wilson@prh I still have my doubts. if anything the big winner is Comcast. they are the only isp in the us that can provide that speed in every market they serve. att, verizon, and twc cant or at least dont.01/29/2015 - 1:50pm
Andrew EisenTrailer for Ted 2 and it looks like it won't simply be a rehash of the first. That's encouraging! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3AVcCggRnU01/29/2015 - 1:49pm
prh99It's nice to see an FCC chair who isn't just there to facilitate monopoly building for cable and telecom. Basically not a dingo.01/29/2015 - 1:46pm
Wonderkarpmine was grandia 201/29/2015 - 1:39pm