Konami Announces Game Based on 2004 Fallujah Battle

April 6, 2009 -

In a somewhat unusual move for a top-tier video game publisher, Konami has announced a game based on the war in Iraq - while U.S. troops are still deployed there.

The Los Angeles Times reports that Six Days in Fallujah will be published in 2010. North Carolina-based Atomic Games is handling the development chores. The company is experienced with military game designs.

Of Six Days in Fallujah, Atomic Games President Peter Tamte told the L.A. Times:

For us, the challenge was how do you present the horrors of war in a game that is also entertaining, but also gives people insight into a historical situation in a way that only a video game can provide? Our goal is to give people that insight, of what it's like to be a Marine during that event, what it's like to be a civilian in the city and what it's like to be an insurgent...

GP: Not many details seem to be available at this point. A Wikipedia entry which relies heavily on the May issue of GamePro indicates that the game will be available for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. A multiplayer component appears to be included. It's unclear at this time whether online games will require players to fight as insurgents against U.S. forces.

Comments

Re: Konami Announces Game Based on 2004 Fallujah Battle

uh, you 2.  I wasn't thinking of GHOST Squad 2 as a light/rail shooter with light gun.  I was thinking of the game as a traditional FPS shooting game in the style of tactical-shooting game ala RAinbow Six.

sac ekimi  estetik arac kiralama rent a car oto kiralama yuz estetigi Smartlipo lazerlipoliz evden eve nakliyat burun estetigi burun estetigi diyet yazgulu

Re: Konami Announces Game Based on 2004 Fallujah Battle

I'm calling it now: Contra 5

Re: Konami Announces Game Based on 2004 Fallujah Battle

Since you said it im callin git now: ALIENS WERE BEHIND 9/11!!1 AND CONTRA 5 SHALL PROVE IT!

Re: Konami Announces Game Based on 2004 Fallujah Battle

So....it could potentialy be a terrorist training simulator?

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: Konami Announces Game Based on 2004 Fallujah Battle

well as long as its not another world war 2 game im okay with it.

Re: Konami Announces Game Based on 2004 Fallujah Battle

Oh wow, now Konami is going "Call of Duty 4" by making a Iraq war game.  I hope Konami will put Solid Snake as a Easter Egg, or a cameo.  What's next:

Namco Bandai making a Ace Combat: Modern Warfare (heavily influenced by Call of Duty 4 and Tom Clancy's HAWX)

Sega making a GHOST Squad 2 for the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC and gameplay being similar to Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon.

Intelligent System and Nintendo making Advance War: Modern day tactical warfare. Which take place in the real world and is called the turn-based "Command & Conquer: Generals"

Re: Konami Announces Game Based on 2004 Fallujah Battle

Re: Konami Announces Game Based on 2004 Fallujah Battle

But then SEGA would need to make a special peripheral for both consoles, and how would a lightgun work on an HDTV anyway? They'd prolly put it on  Wii again... I'd get it. (I have the original, it's fun for a quick 'pick up and play' arcade title.)

300 Episodes and counting: http://www.orangeloungeradio.com/

400 Episodes, TEN YEARS and counting: http://www.orangeloungeradio.com/ | Voice of Geeks Network - http://www.vognetwork.com

Re: Konami Announces Game Based on 2004 Fallujah Battle

How would a light gun work on an HDTV? Infrared emitters.

Wonderkarpyou're weird01/25/2015 - 11:23pm
WonderkarpMy Ipad likes to capitalize every word when I'm on game politics.01/25/2015 - 6:29pm
ConsterI Was Talking About You Capitalizing The Starting Letter Of Each Word.01/25/2015 - 5:56pm
WonderkarpI didnt know we were talking about Capitalism. What do mass shootings have to do with trade and industry that is controlled by private owners for profit?01/25/2015 - 3:28pm
ConsterYou do realize that what you're doing right now isn't what capitalism means, right?01/25/2015 - 2:39pm
WonderkarpActual Thing, Never Proven :P We All Know That You Dont Need Evidence For Something To Be Real, Huh.01/25/2015 - 9:40am
WonderkarpConster, I was quoting Anita Sarkeesian01/24/2015 - 10:39pm
ZippyDSMleeodd its not wanting to post half the time 0-o01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleetest01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleeWonderkarp: They tried to be natural with God Of Wars QTE’s, sometimes it felt random which I hate the most in QTEs. The way you interface with gameplay (press X to get X result) should never rely on randomly generated mechanics unless it’s a status01/24/2015 - 7:57pm
Andrew EisenI've passed your comment on.01/24/2015 - 5:45pm
Neo_DrKefkaHey GamePolitics staff can you guys work out the way the ads are delivered via mobile? Sometimes any attempt to do anything on this site automatically forwards you to download "Flappy bird" on a shady site or another thing. It just hijacks my Safari01/24/2015 - 3:47pm
WonderkarpI feel like the only good QTEs were the ones in the God of War series. I dont know why though.. maybe its the visceral carnage01/24/2015 - 1:13pm
ZippyDSMleeprh99: QTEs are dumb I ever understood the need for them outside being cheap and wanting to pad mechanics with scripted events that use only a few buttons.01/24/2015 - 12:58pm
InfophileAnd a more detailed breakdown of expenses here: http://imgur.com/L46SUMw01/24/2015 - 12:42pm
InfophileFor anyone still complaining about where the funding for Tropes vs. Women went: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4z6qa561roidh5/femfreq_annualreport2014.pdf?dl=0 (page 16) Not that this will actually stop claims of fraud, but it's good to have a counter.01/24/2015 - 12:38pm