Whaling Protest Game "Harpooned" Gets an Update

April 6, 2009 -

GamePolitics first reported on Harpooned: Japanese Cetacean Research Simulator more than a year ago.

The protest game, designed to raise public awareness of the fight against commercial whaling, has now received a 2009 update.

New features include

• a Mac version
  • players can now capture protesters that get too close to the whaling vessel
  • online leaderboards

Comments

Re: Whaling Protest Game "Harpooned" Gets an Update

I missed the segment, but did catch the listener comments the next day. Sounds like it would have been a great segment.

sac ekimi  estetik arac kiralama rent a car oto kiralama yuz estetigi Smartlipo lazerlipoliz evden eve nakliyat burun estetigi burun estetigi diyet yazgulu

Re: Whaling Protest Game "Harpooned" Gets an Update

We could always just start sinking the ships that went into international waters to harpoon a whale...lol!

Hope that it does some good.

Ironically enough, it's illegal to hunt whale in Oklahoma. It apparently used to happen a lot.

I will not buy securom games. http://www.wolvenmoon.com/sharedfiles/message1.jpg and http://www.wolvenmoon.com/sharedfiles/message2.jpg

Re: Whaling Protest Game "Harpooned" Gets an Update

LOL

This just reminded me of local NPR station on April 1st reading letters about whale farming in Illinois.  So many people called to complain about the readers lack of emotion on the subject and how we should all go to Illinois and save these whales from being treated as such.

Trevor Gray ganjookie@yahoo.com

Trevor Gray
ganjookie@yahoo.com

Re: Whaling Protest Game "Harpooned" Gets an Update

As for the game, it is a rather fun little shooter. I liked playing it. It does raise the issue as comments from ignorant people who never played it showed.

Hope for the best with the new release.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Poll

Who's responsible for crappy Netflix performance on Verizon?:

Matthew WilsonI agree with that07/25/2014 - 10:45am
IanCWelp, twitch is going to suck now. Thanks google.07/25/2014 - 6:30am
Sleaker@MP - Looked up hitbox, thanks.07/24/2014 - 9:40pm
MaskedPixelanteIt's the golden age of Hitbox, I guess.07/24/2014 - 6:08pm
Matthew WilsonGoogle is better than MS or Amazon.07/24/2014 - 5:33pm
Andrew EisenNor I. From a content producer's perspective, almost every change Google implements makes the service more cumbersome to use. It's why I set up a Facebook fan page in the first place; it was becoming too difficult to connect with my viewers on YouTube.07/24/2014 - 4:50pm
Sleakerwonder if anyone is going to try and compete with google, I'm not a huge fan of the way they manage their video services.07/24/2014 - 4:41pm