Hunting for Video Game Easter Eggs?

April 12, 2009 -

TechCrunch has posted its 10 favorite Easter Eggs, some of which are video-game related.

These include the YouTube vid at left, which shows how to find game designer Warren Robinett's name in Adventure, an early game for the Atari 2600.

GameSpot has more on video game Easter Eggs.

Comments

Re: Hunting for Video Game Easter Eggs?

Zombie games

Re: Hunting for Video Game Easter Eggs?

Re: Hunting for Video Game Easter Eggs?

What’s the deal with easter eggs anyway? I don’t get their significance.<br>

best quotes :: frasi celebri

Re: Hunting for Video Game Easter Eggs?

Heh. The first time I found out what the term "Easter Egg" meant for videogames was in Leisure Suit Larry 6. Turns out all other easter eggs in other games are a bit different from the ones you would find in classic LSL games. and are ironically more along the lines of Easter's actual reason: fertility.

Re: Hunting for Video Game Easter Eggs?

The only Easter Egg I can think of is what happens when you get all 50 Red Jewels in Illusion of Gaia for the SNES. I won't post it here, in case I get banned for using spoilers to Troll.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------

"A Chrono Trigger is anything that unleashes its will or desire to change history!" -Gaspar

Re: Hunting for Video Game Easter Eggs?

Spoilers usually have a grace period 2 years after being released, so spoil away.

______________________________ Because I have NO Life... :P I introduce the following. PSN User ID: FirebirdXR (Yes, I use that moniker often) Xbox Live ID: FirebirdLR (Don't bother, It's a Silver Membership) *Limited Time Only* I put both because I

Re: Hunting for Video Game Easter Eggs?

Nah, it's a surprise.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------

Re: Hunting for Video Game Easter Eggs?

and a really good one too

岩「…Where do masochists go when they die?」

岩「…I can see why Hasselbeck's worried about fake guns killing fake people. afterall, she's a fake journalist on a fake news channel」

Re: Hunting for Video Game Easter Eggs?

OMG, I remember being deathly scared of Freedan's EarthQuaker attack. IDR why, though.

Now, raise your hand if, when you saw the scene for the very first time, you thought you were going to fight off the Jackal as he was burning to death in the Pyramid.

*raises his own hand, so does his brother, who has played the game*

I was like, "Oh, hell, a surprise boss fight. Great."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------

Re: Hunting for Video Game Easter Eggs?

LOL, screw all of you!

Why be told Easter eggs when I can just goggle it...?

james_fudgere: MP, i've sent tech support a note - thank you :)09/23/2014 - 3:14pm
IanCNah that wasnt directed at you Andrew :)09/23/2014 - 3:00pm
Papa MidnightRe: SIEGE 2014 Keynote: oh dear...09/23/2014 - 2:44pm
MaskedPixelanteDear GP, something called "doubleverify" is causing some nasty browser issues on my end. Probably one of your ads.09/23/2014 - 2:36pm
Andrew EisenOh hell no. No, it took Nintendo a dog's age just to get to the point its competitors have been at for a while! (And it's still not there yet, in a lot of respects.)09/23/2014 - 2:26pm
IanCSame as PSN handles it, fi you are trying to say only nintendo do that.09/23/2014 - 2:23pm
Andrew EisenYou have to try to purchase something first. Pick a game, hit purchase and if your wallet doesn't have enough to cover it, you'll be given an option to "add exact funds" or something like that.09/23/2014 - 2:05pm
MonteI have seen no option for that on my 3DS; anytime i want to add funds it only gives me the option to add in denominations of $10, 20, 50 or 10009/23/2014 - 2:03pm
IanCWhat Andrew Wilson said. PSN is the same when you make a purchase over a certain price (£5 in the UK)09/23/2014 - 2:02pm
Andrew EisenNeither eShop charges sales tax either. At least in California.09/23/2014 - 2:00pm
Andrew EisenBoth Wii U and 3DS eShops allow you to add funds in the exact amount of whatever's in your shopping cart. If your game is $39.99, you can add exactly $39.99.09/23/2014 - 1:57pm
Infophile@Matthew Wilson: As I understand it, any regulations to force tax online would also set up an easy database for these stores to use, minimizing overhead.09/23/2014 - 1:30pm
MonteReally, the eshop just does next to nothing to make buying digitally advantagous for the customer. Its nice to have the game on my 3DS, but i can get more for less buying a physical copy at retail. And that's not even counting buying used09/23/2014 - 1:18pm
MonteIanC, The Eshop wallet system only lets you add funds in set denominations and the tax makes sure you no longer have round numbers so you ALWAYS loose money. A $39.99 game for instance requires you to add $50 instead of just $4009/23/2014 - 1:13pm
Matthew Wilsonbut thats just it those sites, even the small ones, sell all over the country.09/23/2014 - 11:12am
Neenekoeither that or it would follow the car model of today. big ticket items are taxed according to your residence, not where you buy them.09/23/2014 - 11:07am
NeenekoI doubt it would be the retailer that handles the tax in the first place. If it goes through it would probably be folded in as a service on the processor end or via 'turbotax' style applications.09/23/2014 - 11:05am
Matthew Wilsonsimple there are over 10k tax areas in the us for sales tax. it would be impossible for small online retailers to handle that.09/23/2014 - 10:55am
IanCWhats wrong with charging tax in an online shop?09/23/2014 - 10:47am
E. Zachary KnightI don't see why it would be that difficult to maintain one. Especially for a news outlet with multiple people on the payroll.09/23/2014 - 9:37am