Hunting for Video Game Easter Eggs?

April 12, 2009 -

TechCrunch has posted its 10 favorite Easter Eggs, some of which are video-game related.

These include the YouTube vid at left, which shows how to find game designer Warren Robinett's name in Adventure, an early game for the Atari 2600.

GameSpot has more on video game Easter Eggs.

Comments

Re: Hunting for Video Game Easter Eggs?

Zombie games

Re: Hunting for Video Game Easter Eggs?

Re: Hunting for Video Game Easter Eggs?

What’s the deal with easter eggs anyway? I don’t get their significance.<br>

best quotes :: frasi celebri

Re: Hunting for Video Game Easter Eggs?

Heh. The first time I found out what the term "Easter Egg" meant for videogames was in Leisure Suit Larry 6. Turns out all other easter eggs in other games are a bit different from the ones you would find in classic LSL games. and are ironically more along the lines of Easter's actual reason: fertility.

Re: Hunting for Video Game Easter Eggs?

The only Easter Egg I can think of is what happens when you get all 50 Red Jewels in Illusion of Gaia for the SNES. I won't post it here, in case I get banned for using spoilers to Troll.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------

"A Chrono Trigger is anything that unleashes its will or desire to change history!" -Gaspar

Re: Hunting for Video Game Easter Eggs?

Spoilers usually have a grace period 2 years after being released, so spoil away.

______________________________ Because I have NO Life... :P I introduce the following. PSN User ID: FirebirdXR (Yes, I use that moniker often) Xbox Live ID: FirebirdLR (Don't bother, It's a Silver Membership) *Limited Time Only* I put both because I

Re: Hunting for Video Game Easter Eggs?

Nah, it's a surprise.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------

Re: Hunting for Video Game Easter Eggs?

and a really good one too

岩「…Where do masochists go when they die?」

岩「…I can see why Hasselbeck's worried about fake guns killing fake people. afterall, she's a fake journalist on a fake news channel」

Re: Hunting for Video Game Easter Eggs?

OMG, I remember being deathly scared of Freedan's EarthQuaker attack. IDR why, though.

Now, raise your hand if, when you saw the scene for the very first time, you thought you were going to fight off the Jackal as he was burning to death in the Pyramid.

*raises his own hand, so does his brother, who has played the game*

I was like, "Oh, hell, a surprise boss fight. Great."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------

Re: Hunting for Video Game Easter Eggs?

LOL, screw all of you!

Why be told Easter eggs when I can just goggle it...?

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm