Today is Earth Day and National Geographic is celebrating with the launch of Plan It Green, a city building sim with an appropriately environmental theme.
National Geographic is touting the new offering as "the first green casual game." A description on the Plan It Green website sketches out the details:
As the Mayor of Greenville, players have the opportunity to create a green city... As mayor of your hometown, you have vowed to bring about a new green future by changing the ways of the past,. You are working with close supporters to restore Greenvile to its former glory and beauty.
Watch as Greenville transforms before your eyes as you build eco-homes, apply green upgrades and bring new clean jobs and industry to your hometown! Plan It Green is the first game that leverages the resources of National Geographic, an organization that was green when green wasn’t cool.
Features of the game include:
- Improving 8 neighborhoods across 45 levels
- Upgrading the town with parks, eco-homes and environmental upgrades
- Building eco-friendly houses, stores and businesses
- Picking the latest eco-upgrades
- Monitor your Greendex as you track towards a more sustainable environment
A free demo is available. The full version of Plan It Green sells for $19.95.