Penny Arcade Lampoons BioWare Forum Censorship Flap

April 29, 2009 -

BioWare's recent censorship of discussions about potential gay characters in the upcoming Star Wars: The Old Republic did not escape notice by the Penny Arcade crew.

Click here for the full comic.

Comments

Re: Penny Arcade Lampoons BioWare Forum Censorship Flap

Krakthorian Gay-Best...HAHAHAHA!    Yeah, in a universe where a boy kisses his twin sister and doesn't realize she's his sister until the 3rd movie...leaving a whole lot of time to wonder what went on before she got with Han...that's soooo much better than having gay people there!  Personally, I always thought Jar Jar was based off of Barney Frank.  You're all clear kid, now let's blow this thing and go home.

PSN: bracomadar

PSN: bracomadar

Re: Penny Arcade Lampoons BioWare Forum Censorship Flap

It's pretty funny how upset scifi fanboys get at the suggestion that their favorite series/movie might be inclusive to people of different sexual orientation. Yeah, Star Trek has no gay characters because of the Star Fleet death camps. KOTR did have a gay character, as referenced in the previous article.

Re: Penny Arcade Lampoons BioWare Forum Censorship Flap

Silly Penny Arcade, always putting a comedic look at gaming's stupid moves.

Re: Penny Arcade Lampoons BioWare Forum Censorship Flap

There's also a Downloadable Content podcast associated with this comic: "A Reasoned Assessment" http://www.penny-arcade.com/padlc.xml

Re: Penny Arcade Lampoons BioWare Forum Censorship Flap

This reminds me of Hillary Duff's stupid commercial about saying the word gay.

In the end all I have to say is, EA owns BioWare, so I could care less.

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

MattsworknameBIG: how does that make sense?08/05/2015 - 12:18am
Big PermLenny Kravitz penis has been trending all day08/04/2015 - 11:45pm
MattsworknameSo far, Win 8 gave me nothing but problems08/04/2015 - 11:18pm
MattsworknameI;ll see what I can come up with tomarow08/04/2015 - 11:16pm
ZippyDSMleethose is the issue.08/04/2015 - 10:47pm
ZippyDSMleeOdd, even with admin? I have UAC turned off so I do not have to fuss with it too much, also in order to run FO3/NV you need DX,VC++ 010, mmm might try and download VC++ distro pack both 32 and 64bit from 8 to 2012 or so and isntall them see if one of thos08/04/2015 - 10:46pm
MattsworknameTried that 2 zippy, it still wouldn't work08/04/2015 - 10:43pm
ZippyDSMleeI have had to run NV in compatibility mode before. I have both FO3 and NV running fine with a bunch of mods on win8.108/04/2015 - 10:24pm
MattsworknameI did the direct x 9 fix, issue remains08/04/2015 - 10:13pm
MattsworknameI've had issues with it since the start really, as soon as I tried to run it on Win 8.1, vegas woudl crash as soon as i launched it, even when using the base game08/04/2015 - 10:12pm
MattsworknameManta: I run into issues the moment I try to use any mods. and some times even no mods08/04/2015 - 10:09pm
MattsworknameChris ray gun on the gawker media scandel from a few weeks back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apGv0KTV9IM08/04/2015 - 10:08pm
black mantaFunny, Matt. I've been able to run it from Steam no problem.08/04/2015 - 10:02pm
Big PermDo you need Directx 9.0c still? Should be a manual download for win 7/808/04/2015 - 9:55pm
MattsworknameBlack manta; I've been trying to get vegas and 3 to work on windows 8 for months and no method I tries fixed it manta08/04/2015 - 9:53pm
Big PermOh wow, yeah cleared my entire history and now suggestions are subs instead08/04/2015 - 9:15pm
Big PermI think you can mecha. Unless it's just removing it from your UI and still tracking it behind the scenes08/04/2015 - 9:11pm
MechaTama31It would be nice if Youtube just let you delete a video from your history, like Netflix does.08/04/2015 - 9:09pm
black mantaF3 and NV have long been since fixed. They run great on Windows 8 and 8.1. And there's also the Unofficial Patch for F3 and the Mission Mojave patch for NV in case they don't.08/04/2015 - 9:05pm
MattsworknameYeah Big, but for those who had the game for long times, it is to late for that08/04/2015 - 8:43pm