In Defiance of Islamic Protest, Faith Fighter Rises From the Dead

It has been a whirlwind of a week for Italian provovateurs Molleindustria and Faith Fighter, their online game which parodies religious hatred.

On Monday Metro UK created a controversy where none previously existed. It appears that the tabloid solicited comment from several religious leaders whose level of familiarity with the game is unclear. Not surprisingly, the comments on Faith Fighter were negative.

By Tuesday, the powerful, Saudi-based Organization of the Islamic Conference had waded into the Faith Fighter debate. Molleindustria, apparently bowing to OIC pressure, announced that it had taken the game offline, although it remained available at other portals.

On Wednesday, Molleindustria unveiled Faith Fighter 2, a non-violent version in which players must give love to various deities lest they fade away.

On Thursday, Molleindustria brought the original Faith Fighter back. There’s no word yet on what actions the OIC or other groups may take.

Via: GameCulture

48 comments

Nekowolf says:

Cause then you get into the various Gopsels, and if you have to look at Old, you got to look at the New, etc. Greek is just easier, because they all fuck up. Take Zeus there, he’s pretty much a man-whore with the most hateful, jealous bitch ever for a wife.

Old Testiment God was just…mean. Not much else than that.

DarkSaber says:

Why look at Greek mythology when there is the Old Testament?

————————————————–

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Chaplain99 says:

Drawing attention away from the conflict towards something everyone can love to hate: an attention whore?  ^^;;

"HEY! LISTEN!"

Shadow D. Darkman says:

Uh… What are you doing?

—————————–

"The sun will always rise tomorrow. We can only live for today, and hope more days will come." -Unknown

Shadow D. Darkman says:

*EPIC FACEPALM*

Mike, let it go. Saber’s just playing.

—————————–

Shadow D. Darkman says:

Right, I’m taking bets on how many of these responses you’re going to make until EZK snips one.

—————————–

Nekowolf says:

Your link is either bad, or dead.

Also, probably a good thing. Take a look at Greek Mythology for example. How much can the gods fuck people up?

Gaming Observer says:

Until Jesus himself complains about the game, I’d say it’s harmless and entertaining.

But he won’t.  Nor will any of the other gods depicted.  Because, ya know, all-powerful beings responsible for creation and life have this interesting way of -not communicating- with the very things they govern, and for whatever reason like to make their presence scientifically impossible to detect.

Where’s my cookie?

MrKlorox says:

The only things I can think of are Mimosa Hostilis. A pun on hostile? Also Mimosa Tenuiflora contains DMT and is used to make Ayahuasca, an extremely potent entheogen. And we all know entheogen means "creates god within" and induces a spiritual/sacred sensation. Holier than thou.

Perhaps I’m reading it too deeply.

Leet Gamer Jargon says:

Yes! Irony and parody win out over the easily-butthurt majority!

Molleindustria, I’m sorry I (quietly) doubted you (to myself). You are teh shit.

On a side note….Tammej, what do you mean, "Mimosa mode"? I’ve never heard that term used before.

——————————————————————————

Game on, brothers and sisters.

Shadow D. Darkman says:

And what merited that, I wonder?

—————————–

Shadow D. Darkman says:

Let it go, Mike. He’s just playing.

—————————–

Michael Chandra says:

I’m asking to be sure: You DID read what he just said, right? And you DO realize that your reply is in fact no reply but just a personal statement completely unrelated to the post you replied on?

DarkSaber says:

And yet you act surprised when time after time you get told to stop trolling.

————————————————–

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Shadow D. Darkman says:

I might be thinking of someone else, but I think it might be you… Hang on I gotta think…

Someone who is always criticizing people for minor shit. Maybe that was Derovirus? Nah, he was just a Troll.

—————————–

Michael Chandra says:

DarkSaber says:

Am I? Do I get an office? In a dumpster? With layzors?

————————————————–

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Shadow D. Darkman says:

Post it here and see if DarkSaber likes it. He is our Resident Critic after all.

—————————–

Shadow D. Darkman says:

They never are, but they do get the point across. FacePalm is simply an expression of frustration or disgust at a seriously stupid move. The point isn’t to entertain someone, but rather to say "That was so stupid it disgusts/frustrates me" in place of actual words whenever said words fall short of sufficiently describing just how stupid the move was.

EDIT: I was also noting that you were still bitter that EZK snipped your stereotyping statement regarding Muslims.

—————————–

DarkSaber says:

Well it was that or a facepalm pic, but they aren’t funny.

————————————————–

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Shadow D. Darkman says:

Still bitter, I see.

—————————–

Tammej says:

A healthy dose of disrespect for religions, their beliefs, and faith is what the world needs to eventually grow a thicker skin. Religions today are way too much in Mimosa mode. It’s like they want to be offended. If they want to be respected, they should adapt, and accept irony and other kinds of humour without getting infuriated.

lumi says:

Methinks you need to re-read the articles on this subject from the past week.  They didn’t really back down; they went out of their way to "give these religion bulles the finger" not once, but twice, with a swift kick in the ass to boot.

DarkSaber says:

I’d argue that they have given the complainers a much, much better finger over the last couple of days than they would have by just ignoring them.

————————————————–

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Werrick says:

I don’t understand why companies like Molleindustry back down. It’s not like they need to, or like they’ll lose money if they don’t back down. In fact, keeping it up will probably earn them more traffic.

There is absolutely no reason that Molleindustry couldn’t have given these religion bullies the finger, reminded them that there is no such thing as the right to not be offended and continued on their merry way suffering no consequences whatsoever. I mean, seriously, what were these groups gonna do? What could they possibly do?

DarkSaber says:

The world would be a better place without a crappy species like ours (ZOMG STEREOTYPING!)

————————————————–

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

MaskedPixelante says:

They will do nothing, and realize the futility of trying to have something removed from the internet. I’ve got webspace and I can easily get the flash from their site. If it goes down, I’m putting it up.

—You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.