Game P.R. Event Planned for Russian Consulate in San Francisco

May 1, 2009 -

Moscow-based 1C (IL-2 Sturmovik, Theater of War) is holding a press event in San Francisco next month - at the Russian Consulate.

The news arrived this morning by way of a save-the-date e-mail. Unfortunately, I can't attend. But it would be fascinating to check the consulate out and maybe slip away from the game previews and swipe a few secrets.

The invite promises "authentic Russian cuisine and Vodka all night long." With so much vodka, how are the game journalists supposed to remember the titles they've been shown?

Comments

Re: Game P.R. Event Planned for Russian Consulate in San

All joking aside, it sucks you couldn't go. Sounds like a good time.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Benjamin Franklin

Re: Game P.R. Event Planned for Russian Consulate in San ...

I can imagine if this happened back in the cold war days, there would be CIA spooks following game reporters coming back from the press event and maybe taking a few to the side and questioning them.

Re: Game P.R. Event Planned for Russian Consulate in San ...

Ah, the good old days!

Nowadays, the CIA will just send one of their "embedded" reporters over, Homeland Security will have screened the participants down to their grand parents, cameras and microphones were already placed in that building years ago and if any of the games shown there would have anything to do with political, issues, Fox News will claim it is just a new form of propaganda by the evil and undemocratic Russian government. ;)

ZAR.

Re: Game P.R. Event Planned for Russian Consulate in San ...

In Soviet Russia, title remembers YOU!

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

MattsworknameSo, whats everyone playing? Im still knee deep in bloodborne, but finaly beat Rom the spider05/23/2015 - 7:20am
Matthew Wilsonmy bad was doing it from my phone.05/22/2015 - 11:34pm