Swine Flu Infects World of Warcraft

May 1, 2009 -

Swine flu may be causing a bit of a global panic just now, but the virus has apparently existed in Azeroth since the days of the Wrath of the Lich King beta.

The pic at left comes from the database at WoWHead, via Giant Bomb.

Comments

Re: Swine Flu Infects World of Warcraft

Confirmed: Blizzard mutated the virus to promote WoW.

Re: Swine Flu Infects World of Warcraft

I am offended and outraged that they would DARE program a real disease in a video game several months ago, especially now!

/sarcasm

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

Re: Swine Flu Infects World of Warcraft

Ah ha! So video games are to blame for this as well

Sorry, I just wanted to do it before some other nut job did it for real.

Re: Swine Flu Infects World of Warcraft

Jack would probably do that. since he likes to blame everything on video game.

mikedo2007

Re: Swine Flu Infects World of Warcraft

mdo7,

I'm assuming your name is an Aikido reference from the spelling. Cool, my Ikyu test is tommorrow.

"To control aggression without inflicting injury is the Art of Peace."

-----------------------------------------

Managing Editor at TheBestGameSiteEver.com

Re: Swine Flu Infects World of Warcraft

What, no.  My name is just made up (I name mdo7 after my college ID logon).  But I didn't know it was related to Aikido.  Thanks for telling me that.

mikedo2007

Re: Swine Flu Infects World of Warcraft

No. He refuses to blame good behavior and education on video games.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: Swine Flu Infects World of Warcraft

lol i think the mexican government beat you to the punch.

blog sounds like a kind of vomit :(

Poll

Will Code Avarice's Paranautical Activity make its way back onto Steam?:

Technogeekprh99: Gamergate and Adobe deserve each other.10/22/2014 - 2:55am
Andrew EisenAdam McKay directed cartoon about income inequality. https://screen.yahoo.com/we-the-economy/inequality-1-unbelievable-sweet-alpacas-175411663.html10/21/2014 - 8:54pm
prh99Bit.ly Maintainance here is the original http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/10/after-gamergate-tweet-adobe-distances-itself-from-gawker-bullying/10/21/2014 - 8:39pm
prh99Adobe calls out Gawker for GG bullying and backpedals...sort of. http://bit.ly/1pyM4Yg10/21/2014 - 8:35pm
Neo_DrKefkaThanks James. Means a lot.10/21/2014 - 7:24pm
prh99Nothing that hasn't been said.10/21/2014 - 6:52pm
Andrew EisenHaven't read it yet. I'm sharing this because I love the header image. http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2014/10/gamergate-should-stop-lying-to-itself.html10/21/2014 - 3:39pm
james_fudgeYou are one of us, you're a GPer, not a GGer :)10/21/2014 - 2:27pm
james_fudgeNeo_DrKefka: half of them don't know who that is, so no worries :)10/21/2014 - 2:27pm
Andrew EisenUpdate to the Paranautical Activity story. Dev leaves the studio. http://codeavarice.com/post/100592709238/mike-is-leaving-code-avarice10/21/2014 - 1:52pm
quiknkoldI'm sure you are, Andrew10/21/2014 - 1:44pm
Andrew EisenNintendo announced the Link amiibo is compatible with Hyrule Warriors. No idea how Nintendo expects anyone to give a toss if it don't tell us what it does. Then again, maybe I'm just being curmudgeonly.10/21/2014 - 1:25pm
Neo_DrKefkaSo Gamergate compared me to leftist Saul Alnsky....ME off all the people10/21/2014 - 1:16pm
IanCWell.... quite.10/21/2014 - 1:10pm
Andrew EisenWell of course. Girls don't buy figurines and guys don't buy figurines of girls. And no, the girls that buy figurines and the guys that buy figurines of girls don't count. The money belongs on the table, thank you very much!10/21/2014 - 12:43pm
IanCI have 3 of the Disney Infinity figures even though i don't have the game (Rapunzel from Tangled, and Anna & Elsa from Frozen, purely because its the only way to get figures from those two films)10/21/2014 - 12:23pm
Andrew EisenGlad you said "Pokemon." That's the first time I've seen anyone use that abbreviation.10/21/2014 - 12:14pm
MaskedPixelanteGot my demo key for ORAS, hope I get some awesome Pokemon to bring over.10/21/2014 - 12:08pm
E. Zachary KnightNot owning a WiiU helps too.10/21/2014 - 11:39am
E. Zachary KnightI have avoided Skylanders and Disney Infinity so far, so I don't see how Amiibos will get me in their grasp.10/21/2014 - 11:39am