Swine Flu Infects World of Warcraft

May 1, 2009 -

Swine flu may be causing a bit of a global panic just now, but the virus has apparently existed in Azeroth since the days of the Wrath of the Lich King beta.

The pic at left comes from the database at WoWHead, via Giant Bomb.

Comments

Re: Swine Flu Infects World of Warcraft

Confirmed: Blizzard mutated the virus to promote WoW.

Re: Swine Flu Infects World of Warcraft

I am offended and outraged that they would DARE program a real disease in a video game several months ago, especially now!

/sarcasm

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

Re: Swine Flu Infects World of Warcraft

Ah ha! So video games are to blame for this as well

Sorry, I just wanted to do it before some other nut job did it for real.

Re: Swine Flu Infects World of Warcraft

Jack would probably do that. since he likes to blame everything on video game.

mikedo2007

Re: Swine Flu Infects World of Warcraft

mdo7,

I'm assuming your name is an Aikido reference from the spelling. Cool, my Ikyu test is tommorrow.

"To control aggression without inflicting injury is the Art of Peace."

-----------------------------------------

Managing Editor at TheBestGameSiteEver.com

Re: Swine Flu Infects World of Warcraft

What, no.  My name is just made up (I name mdo7 after my college ID logon).  But I didn't know it was related to Aikido.  Thanks for telling me that.

mikedo2007

Re: Swine Flu Infects World of Warcraft

No. He refuses to blame good behavior and education on video games.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: Swine Flu Infects World of Warcraft

lol i think the mexican government beat you to the punch.

blog sounds like a kind of vomit :(

MattsworknameBIG: how does that make sense?08/05/2015 - 12:18am
Big PermLenny Kravitz penis has been trending all day08/04/2015 - 11:45pm
MattsworknameSo far, Win 8 gave me nothing but problems08/04/2015 - 11:18pm
MattsworknameI;ll see what I can come up with tomarow08/04/2015 - 11:16pm
ZippyDSMleethose is the issue.08/04/2015 - 10:47pm
ZippyDSMleeOdd, even with admin? I have UAC turned off so I do not have to fuss with it too much, also in order to run FO3/NV you need DX,VC++ 010, mmm might try and download VC++ distro pack both 32 and 64bit from 8 to 2012 or so and isntall them see if one of thos08/04/2015 - 10:46pm
MattsworknameTried that 2 zippy, it still wouldn't work08/04/2015 - 10:43pm
ZippyDSMleeI have had to run NV in compatibility mode before. I have both FO3 and NV running fine with a bunch of mods on win8.108/04/2015 - 10:24pm
MattsworknameI did the direct x 9 fix, issue remains08/04/2015 - 10:13pm
MattsworknameI've had issues with it since the start really, as soon as I tried to run it on Win 8.1, vegas woudl crash as soon as i launched it, even when using the base game08/04/2015 - 10:12pm
MattsworknameManta: I run into issues the moment I try to use any mods. and some times even no mods08/04/2015 - 10:09pm
MattsworknameChris ray gun on the gawker media scandel from a few weeks back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apGv0KTV9IM08/04/2015 - 10:08pm
black mantaFunny, Matt. I've been able to run it from Steam no problem.08/04/2015 - 10:02pm
Big PermDo you need Directx 9.0c still? Should be a manual download for win 7/808/04/2015 - 9:55pm
MattsworknameBlack manta; I've been trying to get vegas and 3 to work on windows 8 for months and no method I tries fixed it manta08/04/2015 - 9:53pm
Big PermOh wow, yeah cleared my entire history and now suggestions are subs instead08/04/2015 - 9:15pm
Big PermI think you can mecha. Unless it's just removing it from your UI and still tracking it behind the scenes08/04/2015 - 9:11pm
MechaTama31It would be nice if Youtube just let you delete a video from your history, like Netflix does.08/04/2015 - 9:09pm
black mantaF3 and NV have long been since fixed. They run great on Windows 8 and 8.1. And there's also the Unofficial Patch for F3 and the Mission Mojave patch for NV in case they don't.08/04/2015 - 9:05pm
MattsworknameYeah Big, but for those who had the game for long times, it is to late for that08/04/2015 - 8:43pm