Web Game Lampoons British Govt’s Plan to Monitor Internet Usage

The Labour Goverment of Prime Minister Gordon Brown is pushing ahead with plans to monitor all Internet usage in the U.K.

Britain’s Conservative Party is against to the plan and that opposition is the basis for t-enterprise’s latest online political parody, Hands Off Our Data!

In the game players assume the role of Conservative leader David Cameron. Wielding an old school raygun, players must blast data mining spiders bearing the likenesses of Gordon Brown and Home Secretary Jacqui Smith while allowing e-mail packets and search engine traffic to pass by.

ZippyDSMlee says:

Public apathy is still ripe so even if the old coldgers die off the young morons that via for votes and bend over for business as a job will keep screwing the people over.

I am a criminal because I purchase media,I am a criminal because I use media, I am a criminal because I chose to own media..We shall remain criminals until Corporate stay’s outside our bedrooms..

hellfire7885 says:

Depends on how much damage the current generation does to basic freedom in the meantime, and as stated above, they are still politicians, which means they may still shoot for the votes of overprotective parents and old people, andi n Obama’s case, people who won’t vote for them regardless.

DarkSaber says:

Just because they know how to use a computer doesn’t make them any less c**ts. They will still be politicians after all.

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

axiomatic says:

Just relax everyone. We are "in the home stretch" to use a baseball term. Old people in positions of power who don’t understand this new fangled internet thing with its freedom of information that arrives from a series of tubes are going to die off soon enough. Their generation is almost done. Then the UK can finally enjoy a normal life again being run by people who have only known a world with computers and information at their fingertips.

EQ2Plat says:

Something that everybody seems to forget is that you just need to look back at history and you will so that it has all been done before.  Look at EverQuest, it is still going strong with the same game play from the past. Does anybody think that it really matters.

John Assam

EQ2 Plat

Father Time says:

Holy cow, I outscored gamepolitics, woohoo (Robert Z).