Bomberman Graphic is a Threat to Nazis, Say German Authorities

Bomberman and Nazis – how often do you see those two in the same headline?

Negative Gamer reports that a former German politician, Martin Budich, has been arrested for allegedly invoking violence against Nazis via the well-known video game character.

Budich, who opposes the Nazi agenda (good for him), apparently took his fervor a bit too far by exhibiting the protest poster at left on a website. The image shows Bomberman holding a cake with a burning fuse serving as the candle. The text translates to “No cake walk for Nazis.”

According to Negative Gamer’s interpretation of a Heise report, Budich’s posting of the Bomberman graphic has been blamed by prosecutors for contributing to an "aggressive atmosphere" at an anti-Nazi demonstration in Bochum last October.

This wasn’t Budich’s first bust on such charges. He apparently has an earlier conviction in a similar case (sans video game characters).

Via: Destructoid

133 comments

1. Shadow D. Darkman says:

Don’t you mean Bomberman al Hussein? You need to get it right, or Homeland Security is going to think you’re siding with Al Qaeda. Wouldn’t want that, would we?

Tim Buckley did a comic with that joke, but I can’t find it.

—————————–

"The sun will always rise tomorrow. We can only live for today, and hope more days will come." -Unknown

2. Aprincen says:

Oh you so don’t want to start this discussion. Allied command knew about concentration camps since 1942. At the same time, Die Weisse Rose, a group of german students, knew about the endlosüng. In 1944 the USA got hold of detailed information about Ausschwitz. And lets not forget about Enigma, the cracking of which secured even more information about the concentration camps. In fact, the english radio broadcasting over Germany spread this information to the Germans.

Furthermore, the nazis recognized information being leaked to the german public was a big problem. A lot of soldiers took photos of both concentration camps and the Ukranian mass executions home. Besides, concentration camps weren’t a huge secret at the time, and if they were, the chimneys that smoked night and day would still prove something bad was happening (not to mention the smell).

Even before that, jews were marginalized and forced out of social life in such a way that German would never have to interact with them again. This made sure nobody protested when they were deported. I could tell you more (so much more) but you can google it yourself.

3. Afirejar says:

The NSDAP had 7.5 million members at the end of the war. I think someone made a movie about one of those extremists years ago, something about a list of some sort.

4. TBoneTony says:

It is verry easy for people to follow someone who lead them out of depression.

I remember reading a book about a school group called "The Wave" and it was about this school teacher showing a film about the Nazis and WW2, many of his students asked why would hundereds and thousands of people kill other people just because of what one man said?

The class was full of students who were depressed and had troubled lives plus they were bored with school.

Then the teacher decided to make a group in their class that would get the students motivated, and the group was called ‘The Wave’.

As the story turns out, the group became so well known that other people wanted to join and suddenly the whole school becomes an entire group called ‘The Wave’

It gets out of hand when minority groups of people did not want to join and they got beaten up by the majority of people and then suddenly some people in class realized that they were just like Nazi Germany.

I can still remember reading that book ‘The Wave’ in my English class when I was in school

5. Duffy says:

He’s only saying you can’t blame people for a title associated with them, only for what they did. You take for granted the knowledge we have about Nazi Germany today you assume every German citizen had all the information, yet when the Allies invaded Germany they were surprised when they found concentration camps, they were an unknown thing, rumored at best.

If they were hidden from the allies that were actively trying to invade (they would certainly be using spies and any other reconassinace methods available), is it that big a stretch that the majority of German citizens/soldiers didn’t know what was going on?

6. TBoneTony says:

As much as I dont want to get myself involved in the Nazi debate, I would like to say that I feel sorry for Bomberman who seems to be involved in this even if he did not want to be invovled in any sort of political speech in the first place.

I think the real victim is Bomberman here.

7. DarkSaber says:

However, I am also a hypocrite. You are still wrong.

8. Aprincen says:

How does this excuse the nazis? They couldn’t exist if it weren’t for the spineless masses. And if you wanted to know what was happening to the jews in the third reich you could. Most people choose not to know. This doesn’t make them criminals, but they do share in the guilt. And btw, nobody was forced in the party. Some groups were forced into organisations (actors in the nazi actors guild, children in the Hitler youth, etc.) but nobody was forced in the party. This meant that only the extremists joined the party. There were spineless masses who just let it happen, but most of these weren’t in the party. The NSDAP was full of people who wished for nothing less than the destruction of the jews.

9. DarkSaber says:

Did that last week. Although I just ran them over.

10. Afirejar says:

You can still use it to chase down altarbois and arrest them for their role in Middle Ages witch burning.

11. DarkSaber says:

So my Delorian doesn’t work like it did in the movies? Ah crap. Another waste of money. I even had some plutonium ready.

12. Afirejar says:

No, actually it isn’t. It’s part of the crap you made up so you wouldn’t have to deal with the actual contents of my comments.

(In this case my point, that the people at this demonstration aren’t responsible for the Holocaust and didn’t kill anyone. Though I understand why you’d prefer to argue against stuff you made up in your head – not having existed at the time of the offense is a pretty good defense against any crime, you know, with time machines being fictional. You do know, that time machines are fictional, do you?)

13. Afirejar says:

No, it’s not.

By your logic, I am now correct, not you, because my claim is the one,that’s complete baseless and without any evidence whatsover.

14. DarkSaber says:

I awarded that to myself years ago. Keep trying. Besides, if that’s not my name, then that’s not what I am, remember? This is YOUR logic at work here.

15. Afirejar says:

Just be glad you don’t get upgraded to "some random idiot, that constantly makes shit up for lack of anything intelligent to say". You’re well on your way to that.

And I still maintain my point that attacking a party, that has plenty of real reasons for criticism and attacks, based on made up shit doesn’t make them look like idiots.

16. DarkSaber says:

My names not ‘random guy’ so I’m not a random guy. Stands to reason.

17. DarkSaber says:

[citation needed]

It’s yellow. Everyone knows that.

18. Afirejar says:

Glad to see you’re disagreeing with me about not believing anything some random guy says on the internet without any evidence whatsoever. I’ll keep that in mind.

19. Afirejar says:

If not believing every baseless claim made by some random guy on the internet makes someone a dick, then I’m OK with that.

In other news, the moon is made of green cheese. Some guy on the internet said so, so it must be true.

20. DarkSaber says:

That’s about the only point of his I’m not arguing about.

21. Leet Gamer Jargon says:

I think Afirejar means that everyone who witnessed WWII and the Holocaust (Jewish, Nazi, American, and otherwise) are all old as shit, and will (in a few years/decades’ time) die off.

——————————————————————————

Game on, brothers and sisters.

22. Rodrigo Ybáñez García says:

Many neo-nazis today can be considered as pale shadow of their ancestors from WWII. I understand they can be dangerous if nobody opposes them, but I don´t think the can be blamed completly for the crimes of WWII nazis.

It´s horrible that this people is trying to deny crimes as the holocaust, but they are just a bunch of spineless morons with not a real opinion about anything. The same as people balming inmigrants or homosexuals for not any good reason.

The cynical side of videogames (spanish only): http://thelostlevel.blogspot.com/ My DeviantArt Page (aka DeviantCensorship): http://www.darkknightstrikes.deviantart.com/

23. DarkSaber says:

Nice try at dickery, but this ain’t wikipedia.

24. Afirejar says:

[citation needed]

25. DarkSaber says:

Ways to avoid being called a Nazi #1: Don’t follow Nazi ideology you f***ing idiots.

26. TK n Happy Ness says:

Nazis can dish out the punishment but can’t take it?

When Jack Thompson runs his mouth, does anyone really care what he has to say anymore?

27. Saxy says:

Anti Nazi, eh?

Now, how many religions, races, etc. are Nazi’s against?

Shorter answer: How many AREN’T they?

28. chadachada321 says:

Er…I’m a Libertarian…so by your logic I’m just as bad as some of the "freedom fighters" and "militiamen" that terrorize people, simply because I share some of the same political views or the same party affiliation as another?

Many Nazis were pretty mild in their views, or were forced into the party. Just like how there are "weak" and "strong" Democrats and Republicans, there were difinitely weak Nazis. Also, you could love the party immensely and still disagree with some of the "eugenic" aspects of the party. There are "ultra-Republicans" that bomb abortion clinics, and by your logic that makes all Republicans as deserving as those wackos.

The Nazi party (well, Hitler) brought Germany out of a depression, put Germany back onto the world scale, made Germany another world power. Sure, there were some downsides to the party, but many of these went relatively unnoticed and unchecked, because the German citizens were revived. If a leader came to power in the US in the face of a horrible depression and brought us out of it, I can understand why many Americans would turn a blind eye to anything that didn’t concern them, and support the party that helped them in their time of need.

All the German citizens knew was that 1) Nazis and Hitler brought Germany out of a depression, 2) Some Jewish people started losing some rights and then disappearing altogether, and that 3) The nazis seem like a decent party, so why not join them?

You seem to think that all Nazis wanted to kill all of the jews, when in reality very few did. Many were just following orders, while others simply didn’t care or couldn’t do anything about it with such a large force in front of them.

Another way of looking at it is this: German soldiers that were sent to work at or guard the concentration camps could either do that, where they are safe, or be sent to the front lines to fight/die. They didn’t necessarily want the jews to die, absolutely not, but it was either guard them or fight in a war. They were "nazis" but aren’t the horrible people you seem to think that they are.

Neo-nazis of today that breed intolerance and promote violence are indeed horrible and deserve some pretty good beatings, but the Nazis of WWII must be inspected as individuals, not as a group like that. Neo-Nazis that simply speak as if certain people are inferior don’t deserve the same treatment as those that actually promote violence, and should be viewed simply as "assholes."

Choose your words wisely…and I apologize for that wall of text.

29. DarkSaber says:

If it looks like a turd, smells like a turd, tastes like a turd (don’t ask) and, in fact, IS a turd, is it not a turd just because it’s labelled itself differently?

And the people who died are dead, sure. But these Nazis (and THEY are Nazis, for all your dickery) would keep the ‘glorious extermination of the jews’ as something to aspire to once more. They were even using Third Reich slogans at the protest. (The Sizan’s, not the anti-Nazis.)

30. Afirejar says:

Are you implying, that the people at this demonstration call themselves Nazis? Because they don’t. They’re not that stupid.

What I am implying is, that everyone involved in the Holocaust is dead or dying, because that’s fucking reality, whether you like it or not.

31. GoodRobotUs says:

Actually, as far as I can tell, only one person mentioned the Master Race, and that was me, and I didn’t mention soldiers in the slightest. I mentioned the fact that what is best for getting rid of Nazism is tolerance and understanding.

Do you disagree with that?

32. Neeneko says:

Same thing within the US.

People tend to forget that there was significant support within the US government for what Hitler was doing and some domestic eugenics programs had started up before the war.  Those that believed these things simply slipped back into mainstream politics (both parties).

33. DarkSaber says:

So you’re implying everyone calling themselves a Nazi is dead or dying?

34. Moriarty70 says:

Some of these comments really bug me. Did the Third Reich do a bad thing? Of course. But how can we consider every person who fought on that side a Nazi? Can you honestly tell me everyone on the front lines fighting the Allies were doing it "For the master race"? This is the same thing that creeped me out with Zombie mode in the latest COD. As if we haven’t dehumanized the average soldier enough.

35. Zerodash says:

Welcome to the world. There will always be people who support beliefs/entities/leaders despite whatever horrors they committed.

I lost some relatives to the actions of Joseph Stalin, who killed tons of people- and yet he is still a hero to many.  In college, I encountered plenty of leftists who look to him as some kind of superhero, and they aren’t alone.  For Nazi fans to still exist in droves isn’t too much farther of a stretch.

Also, Europe has been and still is a hotbed of Anti-Semitism.

36. GoodRobotUs says:

And there was me thinking things like tolerance, understanding and a lack of belief in a ‘superior race’ was bad for Nazi’s…

37. ZAR says:

The fashists never disappeared. They just kept their mouths shut and called themselves "democrats".

Those very same people who had supported the Nazis lived on mostly unharmed – most of them even were reinstated in their former functions as judges, teachers, scientists, policemen – without any problems.

Those very same judges, law experts and "scientists", who gave the Nazis the means to dispossess Jewish citizens and claim them to be an "inferior" race, mostly remained in place afterwards.

Even the federal police office (BKA) (comparable in some ways to the FBI) as well as the secret service were founded by former Nazis. Same story with our army.

These people formed the country and influenced it on many levels to this very day.

ZAR.

38. gamadaya says:

I like that quote. If everybody agrees to coexist despite differing views, than it’s all good, but the second that one group starts trying to take out another, it’s time to fight.

——————————————————–

Believe in something! Even if it’s wrong, believe in it! -Glenn Beck

39. DarkSaber says:

Do you imply descendents shouldn’t be outraged at how the Nazis treated their families? And would treat their families again if they had the chance?

40. Archgabe says:

Violence against Nazis is a bad thing?

After they obliterated my family tree, murdered my aunt (she was an infant at the time), stuck my grandparents into the camps and seperated them making them think that the other was dead only for them to find eachother after the war, torched my family home in Vilna, Poland and that was just against MY family.  Really, lets be serious.  There is no Nazi on the face of this PLANET that does not diserve only the worst kind of violence.

"Let us never be so tolerant that we tolerate intolerance."- Bill Maher

41. ZippyDSMlee says:

Wow facisim is alive and well I see….

I am a criminal because I purchase media,I am a criminal because I use media, I am a criminal because I chose to own media..We shall remain criminals until Corporate stay’s outside our bedrooms..

42. Aprincen says:

Europe? Yes because the entire continent has the same culture and ideas, amirite? Some countries are a hotbed of Anti-Semitism, but quite a lot of countries are not and have never been a hotbed of Anti-Semitism (Denmark, The Netherlands, etc.).

43. Chamale says:

Nothin’ to say, just wanted to see how small this text box could go.

This is a signature virus. Please copy and paste into your signature to help it propagate.

44. BrandonL337 says:

Give Den a break it’s not like he can speak German

There have always been motherf*ckers, there will always be motherf*ckers, but what we can’t do is let them control our motherf*cking lives. -John Oliver, December 1st, 2008

45. BrandonL337 says:

too soon buddy

46. BrandonL337 says:

Funny, I though the Romans killed Jesus

Oh, and just so we’re clear the Romans did kill jesus.

47. Stealthguy says:

You’re not required to read or believe our thoughts on the matter. Just as we’re not required to do the same. You realize that you won’t be swaying anyone to your way of thinking yet you persist anyway. A for effort. Though given your condescending attitude when presenting with people you believe to be inferior I’ll have to knock it down to a B.

There’s your grade for the day, good job.

48. Shadow D. Darkman says:

Um, actually, the Nazis are infamous for wanting to kill the people that killed Jesus.

Thankfully, I hold no grudges on a level that high.

—————————–

49. Tammej says:

Don’t take this personally, but the Neo-Nazis of today stand largely for the same ideals of the Nazis of the past. I do live in Germany, I am a politically active person, and I know what I am talking about. Given the power, so many of them would actually want to go *back* to the third reich, it’s outright scary and hilarious at the same time. There might be some smart people among them, but I’m afraid they want the impossible. And way too many of their followers would gladly have another genocide on their hands, at least that’s what they say. I don’t know if all of those who want it would actually do it.

But posting here and even doubting or denying what these people want on the long run, what their motivations really are, what they stand for, that’s an insult. I dare you try that on any German forum. Except the Neo-Nazi owned ones, of course.

50. Tammej says:

The vast majority of NPD party activists and/or protestors are Neo-Nazis, at the very least half of those would commit genocide and throw democracy overboard just as soon as they are in the right position to do so. Until then, the "gloves are on", so to say. To them, this is a game of pretend. These people aren’t learning. And they grow in numbers because they hate that Germany is letting in people from all over the world for imigration. I agree that, when you take a stroll around the block, it’ll feel like you’re either in Russia, Turkey or Poland, and not in Germany, but to me that’s okay. Neo-Nazis however, only feel hatred for these people.

They will repeat severe past atrocities, given the chance. And no, "the past" never meant a the lifetime of a generation. It’s simply the past.

51. Aprincen says:

Give me an example of a socialist policy of Obama, because I personally can’t think of any. And btw, those European socialist parties aren’t more socialist, no, they’re just socialist. Obama is to the right of the European labour parties, and those are social-democrats, who are to the right of the socialists, so he really can’t apply for the label socialist anymore. Nor can his policies.

52. Alyric says:

Er, I wasn’t saying all Democrats are socialist. I only said that many of Obama’s policies are socialist.

Whether or not there are other individuals and/or parties that are *more* socialist is irrelevant. 🙂

53. Alyric says:

I’m not entirely certain what you mean, especially since I’m not a member of any party.

54. Shadow D. Darkman says:

Help, help! I’m being compressed!

—————————–

55. Michael Chandra says:

You guys are more right-wing than our right-wing and you dare call yourselves socialists… I’m seriously offended.

56. Monte says:

"Do you know, what the members of my family did, when the holocaust happend?

Me neither. Because everyone, that was of a sufficient age to be involved in anything at the time, is dead. My grandparents were children when the war ended and realistically, they probably won’t survive the next decade."

Funny you should say that since i recall only a couple of weeks ago i saw some local posters about a visiting holocaust suvivor… and i had several grandparents/uncles who fought in world war II (on both sides as misfortunes turned out)… yes most of them have passed on, but it was only recently and one of them is still alive today… Anyone who was 20 in 1940, would be about 89 today and thus could be still alive and some still are.

But it is true that within the next decade those who could have taken a role in world war 2 will die in the next decade… except for the holocaust survivors, as their were children amongst them and that could last at most an additional decade at best… not to mention that those who have already passed on still lived long enough to provide some record of their experience that we still have today such as journals, books, and interviews. Real live accounts.

57. Stealthguy says:

Only if you’re a decent cartoonist. If your drawing skills are anything like your debating skills I’d rather not.

58. DarkSaber says:

Actually, I was just saying it because you were biting.

59. Afirejar says:

The NPD will have its 50th anniversary in a few years. Five fucking decades, and noone can prove anything. Clearly, this must only be for lack of trying.

Also, the whole point was, that they don’t want to kill anyone and don’t want to put up death camps, contrary to what was claimed here multiple times as a lame, baseless excuse for violence against them. You know, I think I might have clarified that already in another comment. Or several. Seriously, are you guys all dyslexic or something? I can draw a picture if you like.

60. Stealthguy says:

What? I thought the whole point of the many arguments you’ve been making is that they weren’t Nazis. How do you know they arn’t, are you a member who gets the weekly newsletter?

Your argument is circular, all you can do is fall back on the fact that no one can outright prove them to be nazis despite the fact so many people believe them to be so. Why weren’t they banned in Germany again? Did it have to do with the merits of the case against them or the fact that government agents were investigating them and were inside.

61. DarkSaber says:

By following in the footsteps of those who went before.

62. Afirejar says:

Do you know, what the members of my family did, when the holocaust happend?

But I do know, what the NPD did when the Holocaust happend, and I do know, what every member or sympathiser of the NPD, who was at that demonstration, did. They didn’t do anything, because they didn’t exist. Their organization didn’t exist. The people leading their organization didn’t exist. And by now, chances are, that their parents didn’t exist either.

So tell me, how do you do something a second time, that you have never done before?

63. Afirejar says:

I never said that they aren’t Nazis. I said, they didn’t plan to create death camps or kill people. They aren’t banned in Germany. If they ever indicated such a thing, they would be in no time. How else could I possibly prove the nonexistence of something? Send you a copy of everything said and written by any human on the planet after the second world war? Why don’t I disprove the existence of God and invent faster-than-light travel as well, while I’m at it?

I also never said, that they ‘changed their name’,  because that’s just clueless nonsense. The NSDAP ceased to exist in 1945, a successor organisation was banned in the fifties and the NPD was created in the sixties. They didn’t ‘change their name’ because they never had any other.

64. Alyric says:

Erm, many of Obama’s policies are clearly socialist. That’s not exactly something you can argue, I mean, it’s a matter of public record.

65. DarkSaber says:

You first, since you’re the one claiming they aren’t Nazis because they changed their name. Prove they aren’t Nazis and you’ve proven me wrong. Should be easy since according to you they aren’t, right?

66. Afirejar says:

Care to back up your claim, that they want to exterminate/kill/put into death camp all jews/non-Germans/whoever? Because I think, the only reason you’re getting so aggressive is, because you just realized, that you can’t.

67. DarkSaber says:

Oh right, it wasn’t the Nazis, it was…..er….flu?

68. Afirejar says:

Again? Buy yourself a calendar, for God’s sake. It’s 2009. How could they possibly do again, what they didn’t do in the first place?

69. DarkSaber says:

Ah, so they aren’t Nazis, they are just misunderstood? ***

AE: Keep it clean.

70. Afirejar says:

They’re bad enough as it is. Baselessly claiming they want to put large groups of people into death camps doesn’t make them look stupid. All it does is give them examples of how the claims made against them are completely baseless.

71. DarkSaber says:

That might be because people might notice if they start setting them up. That doesn’t mean they wouldn;t if they had the chance again.

Also, fuck Obama, he’s U.S. and means nothing to me. I thought everyone was calling him ‘Jesus’ anyway.

72. Afirejar says:

Do you think Obama is a socialist? When why was he called one?

They’re called Nazis by some groups, because there are similarities. Death camps, which is the only thing you seem to be capable of thinking about, isn’t one of them.

73. gamadaya says:

Yes, they are. Look above. Also, I’m done with you. I don’t give a shit if you are a Nazi sympathizer or just somebody who is way, way to politically correct, but I just can’t even stand you anymore. It’s not like I need to argue anymore either. You can keep spouting your garbage, but I doubt it will convince anyone here that the NPD aren’t Nazis, or that they should be protected from "aggressors".

——————————————————–

Believe in something! Even if it’s wrong, believe in it! -Glenn Beck

74. gamadaya says:

There was a group of kids at my high school who called themselves Sizan. And yes, they were Nazis.

But yeah, there is no doubt that these guys are 100% Nazi. They idolize Rudolf Hess, and apparently have some connections with white supremacists in the US.

——————————————————–

Believe in something! Even if it’s wrong, believe in it! -Glenn Beck

75. DarkSaber says:

No! They are Sizan’s! Completely different, honest! Look, not the same name and everything!

76. DarkSaber says:

If they aren’t Nazis, why did an anti-nazi protest turn up there? Mistaken identity? Coincidence? Your commitment to being a dick is admirable, but it’s time to give it up.

77. gamadaya says:

It was really 2 demonstrations, one by Nazis, and a counter demonstration by anti-Nazis. GP just didn’t get their facts straight on this one, something they seem to be incapable of doing with any Germany related story.

——————————————————–

Believe in something! Even if it’s wrong, believe in it! -Glenn Beck

78. Afirejar says:

Now here comes the funny thing? How do you know, they are Nazis? Because some poster you saw on the internets says so. Funny.

79. gamadaya says:

Are they Nazis or are they not Nazis.

——————————————————–

Believe in something! Even if it’s wrong, believe in it! -Glenn Beck

80. DarkSaber says:

Because they are Nazis. It’s not rocket science.

81. Neeneko says:

Left and Right are defined relative to current vs earlier states.  Socialism in and of it’self is neither.

82. gamadaya says:

That’s what I do.

——————————————————–

Believe in something! Even if it’s wrong, believe in it! -Glenn Beck

83. DarkSaber says:

How about putting them in the wrong?

84. gamadaya says:

You can’t easily put the Nazis in either the left or right.

——————————————————–

Believe in something! Even if it’s wrong, believe in it! -Glenn Beck

85. gamadaya says:

Gunman: Wants you dead.

Nazi: Wants you dead (if you fall into certain racial catagories).

Sounds like the same thing to me.

——————————————————–

Believe in something! Even if it’s wrong, believe in it! -Glenn Beck

86. Biochemnuclrad says:

nazi ei, national socialism the key word is socialsim,therefore nazi’s are left wingers….

87. Afirejar says:

If someone had a gun to your head, I’m assuming that you would politely ask them to stop, because hitting them or taking the gun away would persecuting them for their opinion.

Because that’s clearly the same situation.

88. gamadaya says:

I, on the other hand, would recognize that the gloves are now off. That’s just what the Nazis want too, a gloves off situation. And when your opinion is that Jews and other "lesser" races should be exterminated or act as servents to the superior Aryan race, then I frankly don’t give a fuck about protection of opinion.

——————————————————–

Believe in something! Even if it’s wrong, believe in it! -Glenn Beck

89. DarkSaber says:

Who cares? Nazis are nazis. They killed jesus.

90. gamadaya says:

They are Nazis. That should be all that needs to be said.

——————————————————–

Believe in something! Even if it’s wrong, believe in it! -Glenn Beck

91. Aprincen says:

He’s saying in a lot of countries the democrats would have been a right-wing party. Calling them socialists is stupid because most countries have actual socialist parties and those parties are far more left-wing than the democrats and Obama.

92. Monte says:

Nazism is said to be fascist not socialist… And fascism i believe is often placed on the right end of the political spectrum, being a form of conservativism

And when i think about some of the right wing nuts and how intolerant and hateful they often come off as, and think makes for the ideal citizen to them… take that hate to it’s logical extreme… it does sound about right more or less

93. ulix says:

Getting between 0.5 and 1.5% of votes in elections I wouldn’t call "strong support".

Attempts to outlaw the NPD (the biggest nazi party) I also wouldn’t call "strong support".

94. Stealthguy says:

If it was truly the posters imagery that pushed the people to violence than why didn’t something get blown up? Or was the group being metaphorical and just ‘blew’ the situation up with their violence?

95. Alex says:

Or it was the fact that the poster had the image of a character named and famous for his preference of explosive weaponry.

Just a thought.

I’m not under the affluence of incohol as some thinkle peep I am. I’m not half as thunk as you might drink. I fool so feelish I don’t know who is me, and the drunker I stand here, the longer I get.

96. Stealthguy says:

What’s there to attack, I’m not even sure I understand your point. Officials looked for a scapegoat because of the violence against the Nazis at the gathering. They found that scapegoat, their reasoning being the mans intolerance towards the Nazis led him to show the poster which led others who are intolerant towards the Nazis to violence. As if one stray comment from a Nazi wouldn’t inspire the same reaction.

97. Afirejar says:

If I had meant to say that, I would have said it. Quit making stuff up just because you can’t attack what I actually said.

98. Shadow D. Darkman says:

Any clean ones you can post? I’m still not seeing it.

—————————–

99. Andrew Eisen says:

It was a poster featuring a charicature of Jack Thompson that implied some rather not nice things about him.

Andrew Eisen

100. Vake Xeacons says:

I can’t believe it…I thought all this time Germany was becoming so strong against violence and hate because they’ve been trying to shirk off the Nazi legacy since the end of WWII. In all their effort to quell violence, they’ve become so right-wing, censoring tyrants, they’ve UNWITTINGLY become the very thing they so despised.

Guess I was wrong. They’ve got plenty of support of the Nazi party.

101. Stealthguy says:

Something invoking MORE intolerance towards Nazis? Ya mean they don’t do that just as well themselves? :0

102. Icehawk says:

If it is a true threat to Nazi’s then I say good.  Flame me if you will.    This is not directed at Germans et al just those supremists that think their way and their race is the only way.  I do not waste my time on sympathy for Hate mongers.

103. Shadow D. Darkman says:

Might I ask what it was?  I’m not questioning it being out, but rather what made it out.

—————————–

104. Afirejar says:

In this case, probably a matter of ‘not banned yet’. It’s difficult to get anything to stick, because they’re not nearly as openly fascist as the wikipedia articles claim. Unfortunately there’s no legal ground to stop them until they’re actually banned.

105. Neeneko says:

Can you elaborate any?

I admit as one who does not follow german politics, I am a bit confused by this too.  Is NPD simply nazi-like or is there a stronger (but legal) connection?  I found some talk about banning the NPD that fell apart because they screwed it up, so is it just a matter of ‘not banned yet’?

106. ZAR says:

Antifashists have always been considered "left-wing terrorists" in this country.

Even those old communists who fought against the Nazis in the 1930-40s – people now in their 80s and 90s (!) are still considered a "threat" to this state because of their ideological believes.

ZAR.

107. Arcanagos says:

Crack open any history book, it’s not simply political opinions that make people hate them, it’s much more than that.

"Go ahead and hate your neighbor, go ahead and cheat a friend. Do it in the name of Heaven, Jack Thompson’ll justify it in the end." – nightwng2000

108. Chaltab says:

Who is inciting violence? An exploding cake is hardly a death threat. Unless they’re frosting intolerant…

109. Afirejar says:

How dare they oppose inciting violence against a group of people because of their political opinion! Clearly they learned nothing!

110. MaskedPixelante says:

So, the German government, despite their best attempts to whitewash Nazis from their history, have a hissy fit over someone who ALSO hates Nazis…

—You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

111. Zerodash says:

I was under the impression that Nazism is illegal in Germany, as is Holocaust-denial.  What gives?

112. Afirejar says:

Yeah right. Everything that happens at a right wing organisation’s demonstration is automatically their fault, because they’re the only ones capable of aggression. Even if someone throws stones at them.

113. gamadaya says:

"Budich’s posting of the Bomberman graphic has been blamed by prosecutors for contributing to an "aggressive atmosphere" at an anti-Nazi demonstration in Bochum last October."

Contributing to an aggressive atmosphere. At a Nazi/anti-Nazi demonstration. Did those words actually come out of somebody’s mouth? Nazis are by definition aggressors. The atmosphere is automatically aggressive the second they show up. Also, I thought Nazi activities were banned in Germany.

——————————————————–

Believe in something! Even if it’s wrong, believe in it! -Glenn Beck

114. DarkSaber says:

"Hate the haters" kinda reminds me of a comedy sketch I saw for a campaign to "Kick violence in the face"

115. DarkSaber says:

Wow, Godwin’d BEFORE discussion could even start!

116. Andrew Eisen says:

If I created anit-stegasaurus propaganda could I be arrested for involking violence against dinosaurs?

Andrew Eisen