ECA Hires New Director of Public Relations

The Entertainment Consumers Association has added a new member to its team.

Jason Andersen, who previously assisted the ECA as a public relations consultant, joins the ECA as of the organization’s Director of Public Relations. In his new role, Jason will act as media spokesperson for the game consumer organization.

A P.R. veteran with more than a decade of video game industry experience, Jason has worked for major game publishers, including EA, SEGA and LucasArts. In those roles, he managed media relations for well-known game franchises such as The Lord of the Rings, Need For Speed and Star Wars.

Heather Ellertson, VP of Marketing commented on Jason’s addition to the ECA staff:

Jason has been a key member of our team since we launched in 2006 and was an important part of the association’s visibility, positioning and success. His expertise in publicity, knowledge of the industry and passion for gaming and gamers’ rights make him a perfect fit for the ECA.

As for Jason, he introduced himself via a post in the ECA Forums:

I will be working closely with all of the different departments that make up the ECA to ensure that their hard work is getting the attention that it deserves. That includes increasing the awareness amongst you, the ECA members, in addition to broadening our message to the consumers and the media. In the coming months, we will be launching the first of our monthly newsletters, which will allow us to share the latest and greatest happenings with our members…

FULL DISCLOSURE DEPT: The ECA is the parent company of GamePolitics.

JDKJ says:

You have no idea how hard I’m trying to be nice. And, if I say so myself, I’m doing a pretty good job. At least I scratched the first response which came to mind.  Gimme some credit.

JDKJ says:

Forgive me, Shadow. It completely slipped my mind that the books without the pretty pictures in them confuse you. Gimme just a second and I’ll go search for a picture of Captain Kirk putting his hand to his face and then, once I find it, I’ll post it. That way, you can follow along just fine.

JDKJ says:

It’d be less confusing, I think, if the "a" was an "A." And if the "E" wasn’t so often rendered in white. Against a white backgound, it ends up looking like two legs.

Andrew Eisen says:

No, it wasn’t and that was my point.  I don’t think it’s a bad logo but I feel it’s a bit too clever for its own good.

Andrew Eisen

JDKJ says:

Hey, Jason, gonna re-vamp the ECA’s logo? Can’t nobody but those already indoctrinated in the way of the secret handshake figure out what that thing symbolizes.

Shadow D. Darkman says:

What the hell are you rambling about this time?

"The sun will always rise tomorrow. We can only live for today, and hope more days will come." -Unknown