Swine Flu May Impact Capcom’s E3

Just when you thought the swine flu panic was winding down, Develop reports that the virus may impact Capcom’s scheduled E3 appearance.

Japan, which has seen a recent jump in swine flu cases, has been closing schools in Hyogo and Osaka prefectures at the request of the government. The outbreak could keep Japanese employees of the Resident Evil publisher away from E3:

Capcom has told Develop that its Japanese arm remains undecided on whether it will be attending the upcoming E3 event in Los Angeles. The publisher has stated however that it will still have a presence at the event with US and UK teams attending…

A spokesperson for Capcom… stated that Japan’s tough travel regulations has impacted on Capcom Japan’s options for E3…

Capcom did however clarify that it will still have a big presence at E3… “The show is in Los Angeles and we have offices in America, so E3 is still on” the spokesperson added.

chadachada321 says:

*Randy Marsh’s voice*

"We…We didn’t listen! They kept warning us…but we didn’t listen! WE DIDN’T LISTEN!"

chadachada321 says:

Looks like it’s "as bad as normal flu" to me. Because that’s all it is: a new strain of flu. Not any more deadly or any more sinister, just new. Because it’s new, no one has an immunity to it yet, but it isn’t more likely to kill you. Like most people that HAVE swine flu, it’s just like normal flu. Bed/rest/vitamins is usually enough unless you have a weak immune system or pre-existing conditions.

JDKJ says:

Shadow D. Darkman says:

Pix, bro. Decaff.

Swine flu is a new strain, we still don’t know how bad it can be.

"The sun will always rise tomorrow. We can only live for today, and hope more days will come." -Unknown

MaskedPixelante says:

The biggest difference between the regular flu and the swine flu is that the swine flu has better marketting. Do you really think Sean Hannity would try to scare you by saying that 18,000 people die of the regular, plain old flu, when he could say that 40 people have died of the super, incurable swine flu?

—You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

DarkSaber says:

What about any of the 18,000 "less concerning than swine flu" flu victims?

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

DarkSaber says:

Yep, one dead U.S.  citizen from swine flu versus 18,000 dead U.S. citizens from regular Flu since January. (God I love that statistic.)

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

MaskedPixelante says:

—You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

ZippyDSMlee says:

If they dont panic over normal flu why are they even thinking about Swine flu?

I am a criminal because I purchase media,I am a criminal because I use media, I am a criminal because I chose to own media..We shall remain criminals until Corporate stay’s outside our bedrooms..