Edited NecroVisioN Clears Aussie Censors

May 22, 2009 -

Following edits, first-person shooter NecroVisioN has been approved for sale in the Australian market, according to games.on.net.

GamePolitics readers may recall that Australian censors refused to issue an age classification to the game earlier this year. Published by 1C, NecroVisioN combines World War I trench combat and battles against demonic enemies.

games.on.net reports that the NecroVisionN's level of gore was toned down sufficiently to receive an MA15+, currently Australia's most restrictive rating. One important edit appears to have been changing blood sprays into gray dust.

GameSpot Australia has more.

Comments

Re: Edited NecroVisioN Clears Aussie Censors

Overreact much, guys?  It's not as bad as the media are making it out to be.  The number of games refused classification in a year can be counted on ... well less than a hand really.

But there's no doubt the system really needs to change over here, but like all things in politics, change happens slowly.  It's true especially of games considering the current movement all over the world where games are the new "boogy man" ... thanks to the likes of your own Jack Thompson.

Re: Edited NecroVisioN Clears Aussie Censors

The game is not very gorey and the blood spraying is forgettable..you want gore? try Quake 2 or Unreal.

I am a criminal because I purchase media,I am a criminal because I use media, I am a criminal because I chose to own media..We shall remain criminals until Corporate stay's outside our bedrooms..

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Re: Edited NecroVisioN Clears Aussie Censors

Dear Australlia,

If I use my imagination.... the blood is still red, and that makes me a killer at heart right? RIGHT?

I'm rethinking my Australlia trip.. seriously. Not sure I want my tourism dollars supporting such an over reaching "Nanny State." There are other countries I can vacation in.

Re: Edited NecroVisioN Clears Aussie Censors

FAIL.

The cynical side of videogames (spanish only): http://thelostlevel.blogspot.com/ My DeviantArt Page (aka DeviantCensorship): http://www.darkknightstrikes.deviantart.com/

Re: Edited NecroVisioN Clears Aussie Censors

So they pulled a Germany and gave it grey blood.

Re: Edited NecroVisioN Clears Aussie Censors

One important edit appears to have been changing blood sprays into gray dust.

What? Not rainbows and sparkles? I really wish that one of these days  someone will change blod sprays to the following quote, "Michael Atkinson is the reason you can't see blood in this game." Have that spray all over the place.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm