GU Comics Has Fun with California Supreme Court Appeal

May 22, 2009 -

This week's announcement that California would ask the U.S. Supreme Court to review the constitutionality of its 2005 violent video game law did not escape the notice of Woody Hearn, who draws GU Comics.

At left is Hearn's rendition of California State Senator Leland Yee (D), the driving force behind the contested legislation. There's also mention of a mysterious man named "Jack." Who could that be?

Click here to view the full comic.

Comments

Re: GU Comics Has Fun with California Supreme Court Appeal

Swing and a miss. Again.

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: GU Comics Has Fun with California Supreme Court Appeal

So, your comic will feature caricature growth?

Re: GU Comics Has Fun with California Supreme Court Appeal

I have two apologies to make.

1. Sorry it wasn't funny to some of you. It amused me and that's the only consistant guage I have.

2. The caricature of Yee is horrible. I can do better. But, I had to rush yesterday morning. Unless I miss my guess, I'll have more chances at caricature redemption in the future.

Woody Hearn GUComics.Com

Re: GU Comics Has Fun with California Supreme Court Appeal

I personally thought I was quite decent. I personally got a kick from the stormtrooper comic a few back though. and thanks for bringing the issue aboue the EULA to my attention. I agree its utter bullcrap. Keep up the good work!

Re: GU Comics Has Fun with California Supreme Court Appeal

I think he is missing the point of why Jack is so hated.  It's not because he criticizes games, it's because of the abusive, dismissive, and childish way he speaks about and to gamers.  Leland Yee shows respect and civility in his interactions with us.  Jack does not seem to comprehend those things.  That is why Jack is vilified.

Re: GU Comics Has Fun with California Supreme Court Appeal

Yee and Jack don't get along, eh?

*Can't remember if they truly don't.*

Re: GU Comics Has Fun with California Supreme Court Appeal

John Bruce has said that he spoke to Yee informing him that his attempt at legislating video games was unconstitutional and Yee rejected the advice. Not sure why John Bruce thinks that the Cali law is unconstitutional while his own drafted legislation which very much resembles what Cali is trying to do is constitutional.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: GU Comics Has Fun with California Supreme Court Appeal

Because in Jackworld if he does it it's right, if anyone else does it it's wrong.

Re: GU Comics Has Fun with California Supreme Court Appeal

GUcomics is rarely funny...

Trevor Gray ganjookie@yahoo.com

Trevor Gray
ganjookie@yahoo.com

Re: GU Comics Has Fun with California Supreme Court Appeal

Not funny, but i do see where that comic strip is going.

Poll