A Gold Plated Wii for Queen of England

It’s not that the Queen of England was seeking a gold-plated Wii, but THQ dropped one off anyway, reports Kotaku.

The publisher delivered the system to Buckingham Palace this week in order to promote its newly- released Wii title BIG Family Games. THQ product manager Danielle Robinson hyped commented:

BIG Family Games is the ultimate Wii game to get all family members, from grandparents to young children, playing together. The Royal Family is arguably the most important family in the country so we felt that they had to have a copy of the new game. But we thought that Her Majesty the Queen wouldn’t want to play on any old console, so an extra-special gold one was commissioned. We hope that she and the rest of the Royal Family enjoy the game!

GP: Let’s call this one what it is: publicity stunt.

Leet Gamer Jargon says:

That’s "chauffeuring", you illiterate, conservative ignoramus. If you’re going to spout nonsensical ramblings, please use correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar: it might make you a little more believable….Psh! As if…

Game on, brothers and sisters.

DarkSaber says:

It’s just called the Imperial March. Unless you know better than John Williams, the songs composer. (You probably think you do as well.)

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

beemoh says:

>Or how bout the same queen who forced her band to play the Imperial Death March (Darth Vaders Theme) for Saudi King as he is visiting?

Coolest. Queen. Ever.

Neo_DrKefka says:

You mean the Queen Of England who served her country during War Time shofering Military Officials in dangerous areas or behind enemy lines sometimes? Or the same Queen who served as a mechanic? The same Queen of England who enjoys NASCAR? Or how bout the same queen who forced her band to play the Imperial Death March (Darth Vaders Theme) for Saudi King as he is visiting?

The Hangd Man says:

Too bad you can’t use it with old NES games, cause I’d totally grab my copies of zelda for that.

I hate broccoli/ and think it totally sucks/ Why isn’t it meat?

Wormdundee says:

I would go for ‘arguably the LEAST important family in the country’. They don’t do shit, I wish they would get rid of this stupid royal family deal already. If not in England, then at least in Australia and Canada. Then we could get rid of the ridiculous Governor General position.

I mean cmon, technically she’s still Queen of Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. The royal family is a useless relic of the monarchy.

DarkSaber says:

Never even heard of Queen Victoria I take it?

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Spartan says:

Cant wait to see it on eBay!

"The most difficult pain a man can suffer is to have knowledge of much and power over little" – Herodotus

GryphonOsiris says:

No, but now that you mention it, I’ve seen a Royal Flush. No joke, oldest constantly used toliet in England is in Parliment building and reserved for the Duke of Edinbourgh. It’s a chamber pot modified with a seat and a flushing system. And yes, it is in fact, a Royal Flush.

And this little Yankee went Wii, Wii, Wii all the way home.

"The Good, the Bad, and the Videogame" Reviews on the best, worst, and controversial issues of Videogames. gryphonosiris.blogspot.com/

Speeder says:

2000 years in the future this will be a crown jewel, crafted by the legendary eletronicsmith Nintendo and imbued by a unknowon person that also gifted this prized item to the greatest queen that lived in the 21 century and did great things.

Not that any of this is true.

Firebird says:

Rumor on the mill; the Wii will head out and try to reproduce with all the Xbox 360s and the PS3s, and they will pump out a bunch of little Wiis.

gamadaya says:

You’re talking like this thing will do something other than sit on the (royal) shelf. Although if I see a headline about the Queen’s Wii burning itself up, it will be the best thing ever.

Believe in something! Even if it’s wrong, believe in it! -Glenn Beck

DarkSaber says:

It’s funny the effort they’ve gone to hype what is basically yet another collection of shovel-ware mini-games. Well, I say effort…

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

deuxhero says:

Taking a console that alreddy gets hot and gold plating it seems like a bad idea.

Or Does metal bleed heat better or something? Any experts here?

DarkSaber says:

"The Royal Family is arguably the most useless family in the country"

Fixed. (Well, I’LL argue they are, anyway.)

And I’d be very surprised if the QoE even finds out she got sent this. Someone should have told THQ she’s already got one.

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.