E3 Being Built

May 31, 2009 -

Destructoid has smuggled some E3 setup pix out of the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Dtoid's full gallery of pix is definitely worth checking out.

Posted in

Comments

Re: E3 Being Built

I've never really understood why they didn't, say, have E3 run for an entire week, but have the first (and perhaps second) day being media only. Then the rest of the time they can charge the public for entry and hopefully recoup most of their money from ticket sales.

Re: E3 Being Built

Probably because, 1) the first two days of media only is exhausting enough, and 2) these people have jobs to get back to.

Re: E3 Being Built

Of course ... there's also the cost of renting the hall, staffing the booths with both employees (who could be doing other work) and demonstrators (the interactive marketing professionals formerly known as "booth babes"), paying the food and lodging and transportation for that staff having to stay on location in LA, and finally the increased risk of exposing your content and booth to damage and pilfering by alleged members of the "press" who got in by claiming their blog made them industry professionals.

--Verbinator

--Verbinator

Re: E3 Being Built

And maybe three: The fanboys won'r be going: "OH BOY! It's E3! The number one EXCLUSIVE event that I wish I could be a part of, but I can't becuase I'm the general public, and not in the buisness or with a 'Offical' Gaming media outlet, so I'll watch it on G4 and drool and wish I was there. Come on ESA let us be a part of it too!"

Not that they ACTUALLY say that, but for me I guess it wouldn't matter is they were letting the general public in or not. I can't afford a plane trip to Los Angeles, and the money for a ticket into the event, and the price of the hotel room. I imagine a ticket would be quite expensive. I cana afford it, but I still fel like griping about it.

Oh well, I'll be looking at G4 and at Gamespot like the other geeks, but that will have to do.

- Warren

Consumer responsibility is just as important as Corporate responsibility. So, be responsible consumers.

Re: E3 Being Built

It really stinks to be told that they may be opening it to the public but then pulling that idea. I live near L.A. and I was looking forward to it.

----------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------- Debates are like merry go rounds. Two people take their positions then they go through the same points over and over and over again. Then when it's over they have the same positions they started in.

Re: E3 Being Built

Is it all contained in one hall this year? --Verbinator

--Verbinator

Re: E3 Being Built

Even after several years of crappy or boring shows, why does E3 still excite me?

Poll

Which group is more ethically challenged?:

Consterwhy aren't "Video game players" an option on the poll? :P07/04/2015 - 5:19am
Andrew EisenThat was quick! Pretty accurate cosplay of the new Ghostbuster uniform and proton pack: https://twitter.com/mirabellemusing/status/61673135125394227207/03/2015 - 6:23pm
Matthew Wilson@mast I dont know, but I do know it got a cult fallowing here.07/03/2015 - 6:22pm
MastermuneWasn't the Zero Escape series more popular here than in Japan?07/03/2015 - 6:19pm
Matthew Wilson@mast given the game was revealed in the US, I wouldnt be shocked if it was released at the same time.07/03/2015 - 6:15pm
MastermuneI don't trust the big AAA worldwide simultaneous releases though.07/03/2015 - 5:57pm
Mastermune@Infophile I have come to the conclusion that smaller games like zero escape, JRPG's and the like are actually worth preordering sinc they are limited quantities and since they usually release in japan first we know if there are any issues.07/03/2015 - 5:56pm
Infophile@Matthew! Awesome news. I'd preorder on that shout alone if I didn't have a policy against preordering anymore.07/03/2015 - 5:16pm
Matthew Wilsonzero escape 3 was announced today.07/03/2015 - 4:21pm
Matthew Wilson@pnx I am guessing a ddoss since that is what happened to neogaf, but sony needs to do a investment in psn as a whole. steam is still the most reliable and fastest digital platform I use.07/03/2015 - 3:06pm
PHX Corphttp://www.vg247.com/2015/07/03/psn-is-down-sony-investigating/ not again: PSN is down, Sony investigating07/03/2015 - 3:04pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.vg247.com/2015/07/03/digital-extremes-trespasser-keystone-pc/ if true, this is funny and embarrassing for Digital Extremes. companies need too have better security.07/03/2015 - 2:57pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-point-destiny-the-hardcore-gamers-slot-machine/2300-6425852/ this is very good, and well researched.07/03/2015 - 12:41pm
InfophileOther features to become standard: The ability to remap controls however the hell I want. Quicksave at any time (especially for handheld and mobile games). Plus everything Andrew said07/03/2015 - 10:43am
InfophileRegion-freeing becomes tricky for games with a strong online component though, especially when the servers are run by different branches in different regions.07/03/2015 - 10:41am
InfophileI'm in favor of getting rid of region-locking for any purchased games. I can understand an exception for free, ad-supported games, as many ads are only relevant in certain regions, and it's a ridiculous hassle to get ads for all regions.07/03/2015 - 10:40am
PHX Corphttp://kotaku.com/payday-2-has-been-broken-on-xbox-one-for-three-weeks-1715384186 Payday 2 Has Been Broken On Xbox One For Three Weeks07/03/2015 - 8:44am
Matthew Wilsonhttps://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/3bxduw/why_was_riama_along_with_a_number_of_other_large/ here is a more complete acount of whats going on.07/03/2015 - 1:32am
Matthew Wilsonredit is on fire right now. most subreddits have been set to private.07/03/2015 - 1:24am
MattsworknameYou know andrew, those are actualy rock solid ideas, I woudl like those features a bunch ,especially with games that a cut scene heavly. looking at you kojima!07/03/2015 - 1:18am