Portuguese President Speaks Out Via Second Life

June 23, 2009 -

Portuguese President Aníbal Cavaco Silva has jumped into the Second Life metaverse in a big way.

New World Notes reports that Silva recently became the first head of state to deliver a speech via SL. The President's message marked the Portuguese national holiday Camões as well as the official opening of the Portuguese Republic Presidency's Island in Second Life.

Portugeuse filmmaker and machinima artist Hugo Almeida led the team which designed the Portuguese President's impressive SL island:

In spite of the crazy deadline to bring to shape such a huge project, we couldn't possibly say no.

Check out a video of the island here.

Comments

Re: Portuguese President Speaks Out Via Second Life

Second life is not important, and the only ones who actually think it is are politicians.  I can't wait till they realize that what they're doing is retarded, doesn't help them at all, and thus stop doing it.

Poll

Will limiting Steam services to accounts that have spent at least $5 eliminate spammers?:

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm