Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

June 24, 2009 -

June is Gay Pride Month in the U.S. and the LGBT community in World of Warcraft marked the event with a large-scale celebration on the Proudmoore server.

GayGamer reports that this year's event was the fifth such gathering:

There were a variety of activities including Pre-Parade Festivities, March, Meetup with Alliance, Nude Duel Championship final round, March to Ratchet, Dance Boat Party to Booty Bay, Azeroth's Next Top Model Competition, Crafting Faire and Post-Parade Dance Party in the Bay.

It's great to see events like this happening in WOW and City of Heroes.

Via: Destructoid

Comments

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

not until Microsoft or Lucasarts buys wow.

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

Because there's nothing I'm more proud of than which gender I prefer to stick my penis into.

If you go crazy then I will still call you Superman.

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

Youv'e got a random quote generator on that website in your signature. one of the quotes says something about being against gay people.

I didn't lol.

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

I think its stupid, but thats just me.

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

Im surprise something like this didn't show up in MMO's sooner.

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

I knew there was something questionable about wow players and now I have proof.

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

When's Heterosexual Pride Month?  It's right after White History Month, isn't it?

Andrew Eisen

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

You might be able to find more information on those months from the same organizations that offer Scholarships for White Heterosexual American Males.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

You say that as if there aren't hundreds of thousands of them.

There aren't.

Freedom of speech means the freedom to say ANYTHING, so long as it is the truth. This does not exclude anything that might hurt someone's feelings.

--- With the first link, the chain is forged.

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

nevermind, i was the one that misread your message lol

"Go ahead and hate your neighbor, go ahead and cheat a friend. Do it in the name of Heaven, Jack Thompson'll justify it in the end." - nightwng2000

July through May?

***Homicide-free video gaming since 1972!***

***Homicide-free video gaming since 1972!***

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

How does it go again? Oh yes.

Thread over.

lol

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

Well I missed it, again. I've got to actually mark these things down for once. Oh well, maybe next time.

Wait a second, I know why I always miss it. It's because it is a sad and pathetic reminder of my social situation.

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

Gay pride was last weekend where i live, and the weekend before in our provincial capitol

must be something in the air.

As for the nude boat dance party, thankfully my WOW nude mod does not include phalyses (sp)

Poll

Which group is more ethically challenged?:

Consterwhy aren't "Video game players" an option on the poll? :P07/04/2015 - 5:19am
Andrew EisenThat was quick! Pretty accurate cosplay of the new Ghostbuster uniform and proton pack: https://twitter.com/mirabellemusing/status/61673135125394227207/03/2015 - 6:23pm
Matthew Wilson@mast I dont know, but I do know it got a cult fallowing here.07/03/2015 - 6:22pm
MastermuneWasn't the Zero Escape series more popular here than in Japan?07/03/2015 - 6:19pm
Matthew Wilson@mast given the game was revealed in the US, I wouldnt be shocked if it was released at the same time.07/03/2015 - 6:15pm
MastermuneI don't trust the big AAA worldwide simultaneous releases though.07/03/2015 - 5:57pm
Mastermune@Infophile I have come to the conclusion that smaller games like zero escape, JRPG's and the like are actually worth preordering sinc they are limited quantities and since they usually release in japan first we know if there are any issues.07/03/2015 - 5:56pm
Infophile@Matthew! Awesome news. I'd preorder on that shout alone if I didn't have a policy against preordering anymore.07/03/2015 - 5:16pm
Matthew Wilsonzero escape 3 was announced today.07/03/2015 - 4:21pm
Matthew Wilson@pnx I am guessing a ddoss since that is what happened to neogaf, but sony needs to do a investment in psn as a whole. steam is still the most reliable and fastest digital platform I use.07/03/2015 - 3:06pm
PHX Corphttp://www.vg247.com/2015/07/03/psn-is-down-sony-investigating/ not again: PSN is down, Sony investigating07/03/2015 - 3:04pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.vg247.com/2015/07/03/digital-extremes-trespasser-keystone-pc/ if true, this is funny and embarrassing for Digital Extremes. companies need too have better security.07/03/2015 - 2:57pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-point-destiny-the-hardcore-gamers-slot-machine/2300-6425852/ this is very good, and well researched.07/03/2015 - 12:41pm
InfophileOther features to become standard: The ability to remap controls however the hell I want. Quicksave at any time (especially for handheld and mobile games). Plus everything Andrew said07/03/2015 - 10:43am
InfophileRegion-freeing becomes tricky for games with a strong online component though, especially when the servers are run by different branches in different regions.07/03/2015 - 10:41am
InfophileI'm in favor of getting rid of region-locking for any purchased games. I can understand an exception for free, ad-supported games, as many ads are only relevant in certain regions, and it's a ridiculous hassle to get ads for all regions.07/03/2015 - 10:40am
PHX Corphttp://kotaku.com/payday-2-has-been-broken-on-xbox-one-for-three-weeks-1715384186 Payday 2 Has Been Broken On Xbox One For Three Weeks07/03/2015 - 8:44am
Matthew Wilsonhttps://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/3bxduw/why_was_riama_along_with_a_number_of_other_large/ here is a more complete acount of whats going on.07/03/2015 - 1:32am
Matthew Wilsonredit is on fire right now. most subreddits have been set to private.07/03/2015 - 1:24am
MattsworknameYou know andrew, those are actualy rock solid ideas, I woudl like those features a bunch ,especially with games that a cut scene heavly. looking at you kojima!07/03/2015 - 1:18am