Massachusetts Guv Brags About Guitar Hero

June 25, 2009 -

Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick (D) did a little bragging on Guitar Hero at a town hall meeting  in Arlington on Monday night.

Patrick, who lobbied game publishers to relocate to Massachusetts during a West Coast junket in February, was enthusiastic about the state's economic prospects during his talk with citizens, according to Wicked Local Arlington:

This is not your father’s [Route] 128. You know that [video game] ‘Guitar Hero’? That was invented here. It was built here.

Route 128 is well-known as a technology corridor in Massachusetts. Guitar Hero creator Harmonix is based in Cambridge.

Comments

Re: Massachusetts Guv Brags About Guitar Hero

But then  Harmonix sold it and made Rock Band, a far better game.  Get with the times, Governor.

Re: Massachusetts Guv Brags About Guitar Hero

Sadly, people know Guitar Hero - it outsells RB 4 to 1. They buy based ont he brand. And though RB is, IMHO a better product, GH was the game that kick started the whole-rhythm-action explosion.

Andrew EisenI played it one the Wii and rather liked it.11/22/2014 - 11:15pm