Newt Gingrich Tweets About Wii Bowling

August 2, 2009 -

Not for the first time, potential 2012 Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich (left) has mentioned Nintendo's Wii on Twitter.

Gingrich, who formerly served as Speaker of the House and was the driving force behind the conservative Contract with America in the mid-1990's, Tweeted yesterday about playing Nintendo's system at a family gathering. Twitter user Konabess offered some follow-up advice and Gingrich responded. Here's how the conversation went:

NewtGingrich: Wii bowling in stevens point wisconsin home of point beer and callista's brother and his family; seven year old is proving tough competition

konabess: @newtgingrich keep your elbow in and follow through!

NewtGingrich: @konabess good advice I will try this Any advice for wii golf

As GamePolitics reported in March, Gingrich gushed about the Wii his wife Callista received as a birthday present. In February Gingrich dangled the chance to win a Wii as a means of enticing supporters to sign up for the launch of a media campaign.

Partially Via: Kotaku

Comments

Re: Newt Gingrich Tweets About Wii Bowling

A positive story on a Republican? Game Politics have you left your far left cards at home or something? Seriously, is it because the Former Speaker said this following week that President Obama after his remarks and his offer for a Beer Submit was a classy thing to do?

A positive Republican story on this site only means plenty of Republican Bash Flash games will soon be added

Re: Newt Gingrich Tweets About Wii Bowling

You must be new here.

Re: Newt Gingrich Tweets About Wii Bowling

Lol you obviously don't know Kefka, this is relatively SANE for him

"Go ahead and hate your neighbor, go ahead and cheat a friend. Do it in the name of Heaven, Jack Thompson'll justify it in the end." - nightwng2000

Re: Newt Gingrich Tweets About Wii Bowling

Dear lunatic.

Please get that lobotomy.

Re: Newt Gingrich Tweets About Wii Bowling

All the Wii golf advice I got: Don't swing for the fences. Pretend you're trying to hit a ball over a 1ft high wall that's maybe a yard away. Hard swings tend to slice. Be gentle.

I'm Charlie Owens, good night, and good luck.

I'm Charlie Owens, good night, and good luck.

Re: Newt Gingrich Tweets About Wii Bowling

Wow, I think this is actually the VERY first instance I can think of where a possible presidential candidate is interactign with peopel directly, even if electronically.

Re: Newt Gingrich Tweets About Wii Bowling

This is where twitter could come handy. Politicians for the longest time only have so much screen time, so they do big movements to make it seem like they are doing something. Which leads to scapegoats, and we are all too familiar with that.

With the internet, politicians could not only show all the little stuff that they do, but it makes them look more human, and could connect to the community like never before

Re: Newt Gingrich Tweets About Wii Bowling

I know. With all these tools widely available, there really is no reason to not use them to get ot know your consituents. Sadly, since Gingrich just proved that a politician can find the time to do it, most aren't itnerestedi n gettign to thow the citizens.

Poll

Which Feminist Frequency video are you looking forward to most?:

Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm
Wonderkarpsaying otherwise. I've presented a video with cited sources combined with opinion. Youre presenting just your opinion. 01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Wonderkarpits still important information brought up on the original video. and by not saying anything, the casual observer thinks its her footage. there's no "section 107 Fair use" disclaimer. Its as if she's showing star wars and saying "look what I made" without01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenIf that's true, maybe she's willing to lose her tax exempt status by merchandising. So? Also not a problem with her Kickstarter. And no, I don't have to be a rep of FemFreq to point out how nonsensical, irrelevant and untrue all this nonsense is.01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenShe doesn't say it's not her footage and she never said she'd record all her own footage. So this isn't a problem. I doubt she's said anything like "no women or non white people are critics of mine." Regardless, nothing to do with her Kickstarter.01/31/2015 - 6:41pm
Wonderkarpvalet about parking info01/31/2015 - 6:41pm
Wonderkarpyour glenn beck to her republican party. you can refut all you want, but its not going to matter until femfreq comes out and disputes these claims because you are not a member of fem freq. you are a second party. I dont ask the man standing next to the01/31/2015 - 6:39pm
Wonderkarpis free gifts01/31/2015 - 6:39pm
WonderkarpListen and Believe is one of the slogans Femfreq touts on twitter. and Non profits are in danger of losing their tax exempt status by merchandising. Its a big nono. I worked at the MDA for a while and they do NOT sell merchandise. anything they do have01/31/2015 - 6:38pm