Sarah Palin Autographed Xbox 360 on Ebay for $1.1 Million

If you’ve simply got to have an Xbox 360 signed by former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, there’s one on Ebay right now.

It will set you back a few bucks, though. The bid is currently at US$1.1 million. Oh, and 75 bucks for shipping.

The Anchorage Daily News reports that Canadian David Morrill (left, with the ex-Guv) drove for three days to meet Palin at a picnic in Alaska:

[Morrill] said he pushed to the front of the greeting line and asked Palin to sign the Xbox as proof he met her. It was "one of the greatest thrills of my life…"

He has received one anonymous bid for his Xbox, for which he’s asking at least $1.1 million. The bidder ID has just one "feedback" rating on eBay, and there’s no guarantee Morrill will get his money.

Here’s the Ebay listing

UPDATE: The Ebay listing has been removed for reasons unknown at this time…

UPDATE 2: An auction for a "replica" of the Sarah Palin Xbox 360 has been posted on Ebay with an opening price of $1,100. In the listing, the seller pokes a bit of fun at the former Guv:

This replica has been painstakingly recrafted using:

* Detailed photographs of the original signed Xbox 360
    * Imagery of Palin’s signature on the infamous "helicopter-wolf-hunting" bill from 2003

…Furthermore, this item (unlike others) is "Guaranteed Not To Quit For Two Years" …

Own the only Palin related item truly prepared to serve half a gubernatorial or presidential term!

Hitodama says:

Isn’t that the same as quote mining? Anywho, JustChris is right. They don’t fix your console and send it back; they just take it, stare at it for a month, and then send you a new one…

Austin_Lewis says:

Probably a fradulent sale.  As in it was never really signed by Sarah Palin.

I once met this guy who bought and sold signatures of dead stars.  He also worked as a verifier of signatures of big-name stars.  He had a pretty cool collection of signatures.

nightwng2000 says:

"This listing (300335581705) has been removed, or this item is not available.

• Please check that you’ve entered the correct item number

• Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for viewing."

So much for that.

NW2K Software

Nightwng2000 is now admin to the group "Parents For Education, Not Legislation" on MySpace as

JustChris says:

I don’t think they actually alter the console…they just chuck it out and give you a new one. Which is why it’s sorta easy to get the free replacement even if you break off the sticker inside, because most of the time, they won’t bother to check.

Rodrigo Ybáñez García says:

Besides: IT´S A FREAKING XBOX360!!!

When the damn console gets RROD´d, the idiots on the Microsoft Service will just erase the freaking signature, like they did to a console filled with Bungie´s staff autographs, even when the owner written a letter specifically asking to not erase it.

(but I´m pretty sure they did it anyways for the lulz)…

And yeah, only a retard will want to pay a million of dollars for that console. Good luck, dumbass.

The cynical side of videogames (spanish only): My DeviantArt Page (aka DeviantCensorship):

Austin_Lewis says:

At least Sarah Palin didn’t feel the need to write two autobiographies that are full of fraudulent bullshit like some presidents who are fucking up this country…

Just saying.

Austin_Lewis says:

Yeah, I’ve had offers on the Swastika Armbands of at least 600USD.  Same for the combat knives and ceremonial crap.    Some of the flags fetch up to 10000USD a piece.

Dragoon1376 says:

It’s one of the reasons why I shy away from playing my 360 too heavily: I’m trying to delay the inevitable.

First secure an independent income, then practice virtue. -Greek Proverb

jedidethfreak says:

That is the case.  Not if, but when.  Game Informer called it the pack-in 360 game: playing on borrowed time.

Freedom of speech means the freedom to say ANYTHING, so long as it is the truth. This does not exclude anything that might hurt someone’s feelings.

Ryno says:

You’re and idiot. Don’t you know that there are a frightfully large number of border-line retards who would fork over an insane amount of money for one of her "autographs".

And then you combine it with frat boys who have more money than sense and love their X-Boxes almost as much as they love Dubya, and you’ve got a goldmine.

I may just go into selling Palin X-Boxes and retire youngish.

Saying that Jack Thompson is impotent is an insult to impotent men everywhere. They’ve got a whole assortment of drugs that can cure their condition; Jack, however…

Dragoon1376 says:

I thought that was given with 360s anyways.  It’s not a matter of if, but of when.

First secure an independent income, then practice virtue. -Greek Proverb

gamadaya says:

I’d pay $100. Maybe. I’d have to wipe off the autograph.

Believe in something! Even if it’s wrong, believe in it!

-Glenn Beck

MrKlorox says:

Yeah… because stolen silverware from a random European country from 60 years ago is a real hot item. Same for authentic stolen Nazi paraphenalia. You don’t need to find a collector, you need to find a fence. Ridiculous.

Austin_Lewis says:

There’s no way that he’s going to get that money.  Hell, I have silverware stolen from Europe during WWII and I can’t get anywhere near that for the silverware, PLUS all the nazi paraphenalia my grandfather stole of off corpses.

Austin_Lewis says:

You think that’s bad?  As a child, he introduced me to a friend who had sent his wife a Japanese SKULL.  Apparently, that sort of thing used to be fine.

SeanB says:

Either way the sale will not happen. It’s too replacable.

Now, if Sarah cut off all her fingers, or died, that might make it more valuable.

I could go to her house right now and get her to sign 10 more, thereby making the first absolutely worthless (once i’d proven it was reproducable)

jedidethfreak says:

I’m pretty sure it’s a scam.  Only one bid for the item and it’s 1.1 million?  Something fishy this way comes…

EDIT:  I also find it "convenient" that the only bid of 1.1 million already met the starting price…  Once again, I revert to my previous statement.

Dragoon1376 says:

I think this guy is on crack or a multitude of drugs.  I don’t even think first editions or original copies of historic documents normally hit that range unless they’re extremely rare.

First secure an independent income, then practice virtue. -Greek Proverb

PHX Corp says:

-World turns upside down ala Glenn beck- Well that’s somthing you don’t see everyday

Watching JT on GP is just like watching an episode of Jerry springer only as funny as the fights