Mortgage Meltdown: Perhaps the Only Way to Enjoy Housing Crisis

August 14, 2009 -

It's been a rough year for homeowners, with mortgage foreclosures at record levels.

AddictingGames tries to squeeze a little fun out of the crisis with their latest offering, Mortgage Meltdown. Lou Kesten of the Associated Press offers a review of the free-to-play, online game:

"Mortgage Meltdown" [is] a Bizarro-world version of Monopoly... Instead of buying properties and trying to corner the real-estate market, your goal is to keep your head above water and wait for the economy to turn around.

Pretty much everything that can go wrong does, from troublesome tenants to property tax hikes to earthquakes.

If you can hang in there for four years, you might see a nice windfall at the end.

Comments

Re: Mortgage Meltdown: Perhaps the Only Way to Enjoy ...

Makes me want to play the old Sim City.

SimCity DS is actually a pretty fun game btw its based on SimCity 3000

Re: Mortgage Meltdown: Perhaps the Only Way to Enjoy ...

It's actually a pretty fun game

Re: Mortgage Meltdown: Perhaps the Only Way to Enjoy ...

If this game is meant as a joke, I think it's in pretty poor taste.

Re: Mortgage Meltdown: Perhaps the Only Way to Enjoy ...

Anyone with money or credit, now's the time to buy houses.  And rent them.  Or hold them for a few years and sell them at the real rates.

Also, go find auctions run by banks and foreclosure auctions.  SO much awesome stuff there.  Want a new guitar?  A rifle?  A motorcycle?  Get it for 1/8th of what it actually costs!

As for the game, this is hilariously like owning property for rent in today's market.  Go play it; a good way to kill 10 minutes.

MattsworknameBIG: how does that make sense?08/05/2015 - 12:18am
Big PermLenny Kravitz penis has been trending all day08/04/2015 - 11:45pm
MattsworknameSo far, Win 8 gave me nothing but problems08/04/2015 - 11:18pm
MattsworknameI;ll see what I can come up with tomarow08/04/2015 - 11:16pm
ZippyDSMleethose is the issue.08/04/2015 - 10:47pm
ZippyDSMleeOdd, even with admin? I have UAC turned off so I do not have to fuss with it too much, also in order to run FO3/NV you need DX,VC++ 010, mmm might try and download VC++ distro pack both 32 and 64bit from 8 to 2012 or so and isntall them see if one of thos08/04/2015 - 10:46pm
MattsworknameTried that 2 zippy, it still wouldn't work08/04/2015 - 10:43pm
ZippyDSMleeI have had to run NV in compatibility mode before. I have both FO3 and NV running fine with a bunch of mods on win8.108/04/2015 - 10:24pm
MattsworknameI did the direct x 9 fix, issue remains08/04/2015 - 10:13pm
MattsworknameI've had issues with it since the start really, as soon as I tried to run it on Win 8.1, vegas woudl crash as soon as i launched it, even when using the base game08/04/2015 - 10:12pm
MattsworknameManta: I run into issues the moment I try to use any mods. and some times even no mods08/04/2015 - 10:09pm
MattsworknameChris ray gun on the gawker media scandel from a few weeks back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apGv0KTV9IM08/04/2015 - 10:08pm
black mantaFunny, Matt. I've been able to run it from Steam no problem.08/04/2015 - 10:02pm
Big PermDo you need Directx 9.0c still? Should be a manual download for win 7/808/04/2015 - 9:55pm
MattsworknameBlack manta; I've been trying to get vegas and 3 to work on windows 8 for months and no method I tries fixed it manta08/04/2015 - 9:53pm
Big PermOh wow, yeah cleared my entire history and now suggestions are subs instead08/04/2015 - 9:15pm
Big PermI think you can mecha. Unless it's just removing it from your UI and still tracking it behind the scenes08/04/2015 - 9:11pm
MechaTama31It would be nice if Youtube just let you delete a video from your history, like Netflix does.08/04/2015 - 9:09pm
black mantaF3 and NV have long been since fixed. They run great on Windows 8 and 8.1. And there's also the Unofficial Patch for F3 and the Mission Mojave patch for NV in case they don't.08/04/2015 - 9:05pm
MattsworknameYeah Big, but for those who had the game for long times, it is to late for that08/04/2015 - 8:43pm