Report: German Game Market NOT Bigger than UK, After All

August 17, 2009 -

It seems like just hours ago that we linked to a report claiming that Germany had surpassed the UK as Europe's number-one video game market.

Oh, wait. It was just hours ago. Well, put a big oops! on that one.

gamesindustry.biz, which was among several sites that also carried the original story, is now reporting that the source of the data, Gfk Chart-Track, has admitted to a screwup. Germany is not ahead of the UK in game sales:

Gfk Chart-Track in the UK has contacted GamesIndustry.biz to admit that the press release it issued earlier today had been written using incorrect data. The company is expected to release a correction shortly. It is understood that Germany is not a bigger games market than the UK.

This is the second time in as many weeks that GfK Chart-Track data has been publicly questioned. Last week, Nintendo contacted GamesIndustry.biz following confusion over UK sales figures for the first half of the year.

GP: Somebody at Gfk needs to get their act together...

Comments

Re: Report: German Game Market NOT Bigger than UK, After All

Too good to be true I guess

Stupidity has made us laugh since forever

Never underestimate the power of idiots in large amounts.

Re: Report: German Game Market NOT Bigger than UK, After All

AND we won the war!

Suck on that Jerry!

Check out my blog - http://serveratcapacity.blogspot.com

Re: Report: German Game Market NOT Bigger than UK, After All

"GP: Somebody at Gfk needs to get their act together..."

Damn straight.

Matthew WilsonThe Point - The Witcher 3: A New Benchmark in Player Choice http://disclosures.house.gov/ld/pdfform.aspx?id=30048982605/22/2015 - 10:37pm
Matthew WilsonI assume no show this weekend?05/22/2015 - 10:27pm