You Too Can Run the Federal Reserve

August 18, 2009 -

Tired of playing a virtual orc, shaman or infantry team leader?

How about stepping into the polished wingtips of Federal Reserve Board Chairman Ben Bernanke?

You can, sort of. The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco has posted Fed Chairman, an online game which challenges players to keep both unemployment and inflation in check by tinkering with the federal funds rate.

Okay, so Call of Duty 4 it's not. Still, it's a short, interesting lesson on the relationship between the Fed and the economy at large.

UPDATE: The game seems to be down at the moment...

Via: Crossing Wall Street

Comments

Re: You Too Can Run the Federal Reserve

economic games like this can really put things in perspective.

My high school economics teacher challenged us to balance the federal budget, sounds simple enough, but we had a two factors to account for, we had to increase spending on military for defense, and pay more of the debt off.

It was not easy, hell we basically had to give NASA the year off.

Re: You Too Can Run the Federal Reserve

Heh, who needs space travel anyway?

Poll

Best decade for video games?:

ZippyDSMleePapa Midnight: Care to take a look at this and tell me what you think about it? http://www.amazon.com/Frisby-FS-5010BT-Surround-Speakers-Bluetooth/dp/B00EYX1N2S/03/26/2015 - 10:27pm
Matthew Wilson@AE I think he means both.03/26/2015 - 9:23pm
Andrew EisenConster - Sure, give me a few minutes.03/26/2015 - 3:05pm
Matthew Wilsonnot shocked, lets see how gencon reacts.03/26/2015 - 11:01am
Andrew EisenAnd for those of you keeping track, Indiana's SB 101 was signed into law this morning by Gov. Pence.03/26/2015 - 10:58am
james_fudgeyeah!03/26/2015 - 9:17am