You Too Can Run the Federal Reserve

August 18, 2009 -

Tired of playing a virtual orc, shaman or infantry team leader?

How about stepping into the polished wingtips of Federal Reserve Board Chairman Ben Bernanke?

You can, sort of. The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco has posted Fed Chairman, an online game which challenges players to keep both unemployment and inflation in check by tinkering with the federal funds rate.

Okay, so Call of Duty 4 it's not. Still, it's a short, interesting lesson on the relationship between the Fed and the economy at large.

UPDATE: The game seems to be down at the moment...

Via: Crossing Wall Street

Comments

Re: You Too Can Run the Federal Reserve

economic games like this can really put things in perspective.

My high school economics teacher challenged us to balance the federal budget, sounds simple enough, but we had a two factors to account for, we had to increase spending on military for defense, and pay more of the debt off.

It was not easy, hell we basically had to give NASA the year off.

Re: You Too Can Run the Federal Reserve

Heh, who needs space travel anyway?

prh99Personally, I just clicked the three vertical dots the first YouTube recommended one, haven't seen one since. Too bad I can't get rid of Pewdiepie video recommendations that easily.02/01/2015 - 3:19am
prh99Just don't watch the videos, who cares what she does or doesn't do. If her audience likes it so be, if they think she's doing something she shouldn't they'll stop watching.02/01/2015 - 3:14am
Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm
Wonderkarpsaying otherwise. I've presented a video with cited sources combined with opinion. Youre presenting just your opinion. 01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Wonderkarpits still important information brought up on the original video. and by not saying anything, the casual observer thinks its her footage. there's no "section 107 Fair use" disclaimer. Its as if she's showing star wars and saying "look what I made" without01/31/2015 - 6:43pm