ESA Releases Annual Report

August 28, 2009 -

Video game publishers group ESA has released its annual report for the 2009 fiscal year, which concluded at the end of March.

As noted by Venture Beat,

The ESA fought 43 bills aimed at regulating content or controlling access to video games and none became law... Meanwhile, five states enacted tax incentives for the creation of game development jobs. Another 17 states are considering enacting the incentives.

The group said that it will be hard to get the attention of the federal government and Congress, which is preoccupied with issues such as climate change and healthcare. The ESA wants more done to stop piracy of games...

Comments

Re: ESA Releases Annual Report

what supreme court case?

(i thot their supreme challenge was always getting more govt. funding for more anti-piracy)

Re: ESA Releases Annual Report

He's refering to California's appeal of their anti-game law. But the only challenge is will the Supreme Court even hear the appeal, and right now, it's looking more likely that they won't.

Geaux Saints, Geaux Tigers, Geaux Hornets, Jack Thompson can geaux chase a chupacabra.

Geaux Saints, Geaux Tigers, Geaux Pelicans. Solidarity for the Saints = No retreat, no surrender. 2013 = Saints' revenge on the NFL. Even through the darkest days, this fire burns always.

Re: ESA Releases Annual Report

There big challaenge is gonna be that surpreme court case that might happen soon.

Poll