Limited Edition Beatles Rock Band Xbox 360 Auction Benefits Doctors Without Borders

With 84 bids down and seven days of auctioning left as I write this, a limited edition Xbox 360 which celebrates the release of The Beatles Rock Band is selling for $7,400 on Ebay.

The sale of the beautifully customized console will benefit Doctors Without Borders. From the auction listing:

Sir Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, along with Yoko Ono Lennon and Olivia Harrison personally selected the charity as the beneficiary of these proceeds.

Kotaku reports that the charitable auction is the first in a series.

If the console auction is too rich for your blood, purchasing the DLC bonus track All You Need is Love on Xbox Live (about $2) will help out Doctors Without Borders as well. All proceeds go to the charity an purchasers will be entered into a context to win one of the limited edition consoles as well as a
Rickenbacker 325 replica guitar controller.

jedidethfreak says:

Also, it’s an item from a charity auction.  Those generally aren’t meant to be used for their initial intended purpose.

He was dead when I got here.

Kajex says:

Anybody putting a bid down on this thing is going to give less a crap about video games than the actual artwork on it. As you put it- if they can spare that much money, they probably already have a console.

Cecil475 says:

1. Sorry. Not much I can do about that now, except be more careful.

2. I guess if you can afford $7,400 for an XBOX 360 that you are only going to show off, I guess you can afford a regular XBOX 360 to actually play. An elite version at best.

– Warren

DarkSaber says:

Personally I avoid ANY CD that has "The Beatles" on it. OR "Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club"

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Austin_Lewis says:

I am totally bidding on this shit right the hell now.  Plus, the money goes for a good cause.

On an unrelated note, I picked up a Beatles CD last week for the wife.  It was called Beatles Love or some such.  Turns out it was a bunch of shitty remixes done for Cirque De Soleil.  So, I would not suggest that CD to anyone.  Just putting that out there, as the CD was not marked as being a remix CD or anything.

nighstalker160 says:

Great cause, no real way to spin this story into a "vidja games are the Devil." Although, if I bought it I wouldn’t play it. Be too afraid of RROD’ing the thing and ruining its value as a collector’s item.

Kajex says:

That’s not a console.

That’s a work of fucking art.

You don’t PLAY on that thing- you put it in a glass case and admire it. If you play on it, you’re a moron, plain and simple.

Cecil475 says: would be stupid. At $7,400 plus shipping, it better be used for MORE than ‘something to put away in a glass case’. At either $7,400 or at it’s regular price, doing what you reccomend is a waste of hardware.

– Warren