Debt Ski Shows Students How to Slalom Through Debt

September 29, 2009 -

A new browser-based game attempts to teach students the ins and outs of debt management.

Debt Ski, launched in conjunction by mtvU and the Peter G. Peterson Foundation, was developed by Persuasive Games. The title has players guide a jet-ski riding swine—Piggy Banks—through a series of obstacles while charging them with managing Piggy’s savings and keeping him out of debt.

The Peter G. Peterson Foundation President and CEO Dave Walker explained to BusinessWorld the impetus for designing the educational games:

Young people, who are arguably the most important audience to reach these days when it comes to inspiring social change, are hard to reach through traditional media.

Comments

Re: Debt Ski Shows Students How to Slalom Through Debt

Debt managament?

While I commend any effort to teach financial sensibilities to our children, let's take a step back from "management" and start right off with avoiding debt altogether.

Re: Debt Ski Shows Students How to Slalom Through Debt

My exact same thought when I saw this. It's like teaching kids how to hide the body instead of teaching them to not murder that hooker to begin with.

-If an apple a day keeps the doctor away....what happens when a doctor eats an apple?-

-Optimum est pati quod emendare non possis-It is best to endure what you cannot change-

Re: Debt Ski Shows Students How to Slalom Through Debt

Now, chadachada, there's plenty of reasons to teach kids how to hide bodies. No need to get all unfriendly against the serial killers that teach them.

Poll

Best decade for video games?:

ZippyDSMleePapa Midnight: Care to take a look at this and tell me what you think about it? http://www.amazon.com/Frisby-FS-5010BT-Surround-Speakers-Bluetooth/dp/B00EYX1N2S/03/26/2015 - 10:27pm
Matthew Wilson@AE I think he means both.03/26/2015 - 9:23pm
Andrew EisenConster - Sure, give me a few minutes.03/26/2015 - 3:05pm
Matthew Wilsonnot shocked, lets see how gencon reacts.03/26/2015 - 11:01am
Andrew EisenAnd for those of you keeping track, Indiana's SB 101 was signed into law this morning by Gov. Pence.03/26/2015 - 10:58am
james_fudgeyeah!03/26/2015 - 9:17am