Delaware Pols in ESRB PSA Campaign

October 1, 2009 -

The Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) has drafted a pair of Delaware politicians for use in its holiday PSA drive.

State Representative Helene Keeley (D) and State Senator Bethany Hall-Long (D) appear in print, radio and retail ads designed to urge parents to check ESRB ratings when purchasing or renting a videogame.

Representative Keeley, (whose ad is pictured left) said:

Virtually all video game retailers have voluntary store policies restricting the sale of Mature-rated games to anyone under the age of seventeen. Parents can show their support for companies that have and enforce these policies by shopping for games at those stores.

Ads will run in Delaware shopping malls and radio stations beginning this month and running through December. The ESRB will also distribute a ratings education brochure to participating retailers for additional consumer education.

Comments

Re: Delaware Pols in ESRB PSA Campaign

Nice to see another state getting involved with the ESRB.

Re: Delaware Pols in ESRB PSA Campaign

W00T! Delaware, wooo! First State! Go Blue Hens! Delaware FTW!! Wooo!

....Oh, err...sorry...Delaware native.

However, this is really good news. We're starting to see more and more politicians pay attention to the ESRB ratings, advocating them and spreading the word to unknowledgable parents. Again, Delaware FTW. Now let's see all the other states follow suit...

...Wait. How many states already have politicians who advocate ratings education?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game on, brothers and sisters.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." -- Ben Franklin Game on, brothers and sisters.

Re: Delaware Pols in ESRB PSA Campaign

Its better then them crying about games calling for the banning and censorship of them.

Poll

Which Feminist Frequency video are you looking forward to most?:

PHX Corphttp://www.tssznews.com/2015/01/30/former-sega-of-america-employees-voice-mistreatment-greed-racism/ there is alot of problems with sega but this is new01/30/2015 - 9:33am
ZippyDSMleehttp://www.speedtest.net/my-result/410086446201/29/2015 - 9:12pm