O’Connor-Backed Educational Games Examined

October 6, 2009 -

As a follow up to previous news of retired Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor’s new gig as a videogame promoter and developer, the Washington Post takes a look at the first two games to emerge from her stewardship.

Dubbed “the best” of the two titles currently available online, Supreme Decision centers around the rights of a student prevented from wearing his favorite band t-shirt to school. Players will take on the role of a Supreme Court clerk charged with advising Justice Irene Waters on the case.

Do I Have a Right casts players as a member of a pro bono law firm and has them introducing civil right case clients to lawyers.

O’Connor met a sixth-grade fan (and future World of Warcraft addict?), of the Our Court games, who told her that he stayed up until midnight playing them and now wanted to become a lawyer.  O’Connor  responded:

We're not trying to produce a new generation of lawyers; we have plenty already. But I was pleased by his response.

Comments

Re: O’Connor-Backed Educational Games Examined

So where's Jack's rant about how O'Conner is creating murder-simulators and trying to unconstitutionally prohibit him from practicing law by creating more competition for him?

Re: O’Connor-Backed Educational Games Examined

Sounds interesting and educational at the same time.

Matthew Wilsonmetaphorically speaking of course04/17/2015 - 9:40pm