Six Days in Fallujah Sister Dev Preps Marine Title

October 20, 2009 -

Developer Destineer Games, sister company to Atomic Games (the group behind the ill-fated Six Days in Fallujah), is about to release a Wii-game based on Marine activity in modern-day Beirut.

Marines: Modern Urban Combat is due out on November 10 according to the Marine Corps Times, but “is far removed from the realism that would be portrayed in Six Days in Fallujah, should that project ever move forward.”

Termed a “small-budget” game designed to be “family-friendly,” the new title is based on a Marine Corps simulator Destineer created back in 2005 and will have players attempt to stop Syrian and Iranian factions from inciting a civil war in Beirut.

Peter Tamte, President of both Destineer and Atomic Games offered:

We as a society tend to glorify heroes from 50 years ago, as we should, but there are individuals whose sacrifice and courage and commitment is just as strong who are walking around with us right now.

Tamte added that his company “remains committed” to making Six Days in Fallujah and is seeking out new partners in the wake of Konami bailing out on the project.

Via GameCulture

Comments

Re: Six Days in Fallujah Sister Dev Preps Marine Title

Basically, the mediocre Close Combat First to Fight for the Wii.

Atomic Games should have never gone this route. Why did they have to abandon their classic Close Combat RTT games for a game that made them shut down?

Re: Six Days in Fallujah Sister Dev Preps Marine Title

I agree.  Close Combat was a great system - probably the best real time strategy simulator ever made.  However, it was going downhill with the last couple of games.  A Bridge Too Far was the height of the series.  I wish they would remake that title.  I still play the game occasionally on my aging PC, but a facelift would be nice.

Re: Six Days in Fallujah Sister Dev Preps Marine Title

5 Families of Americans who are totally ignorant of games BAAAAAAAAAAW in 5...4....3....2...1

Never underestimate the power of idiots in large amounts.

Never underestimate the power of idiots in large amounts.

Re: Six Days in Fallujah Sister Dev Preps Marine Title

Wonder if they will can this project quickly if people from Beirut protest?

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

PHX CorpI'll probaly Start the stream around 8PM Eastern08/31/2015 - 10:09pm
PHX Corpand now it's ready to go for everyone08/31/2015 - 9:35pm
Andrew EisenThat's why I embed the chat box from my Twitch Page. Can't get chat on the YouTube page to work either.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Andrew EisenI do but I haven't seen a way to incorporate viewers to chat without specifically inviting them to the event.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Goth_SkunkThough I'm surprised you'd not be familiar with this, Andrew. Do you not use Google Hangouts when you do S.P.A.C.?08/31/2015 - 8:45pm
Andrew EisenGP Movie Night!08/31/2015 - 8:41pm
Big PermEveyone should be too busy with phantom pain to notice GP is down. Hail Vidya!08/31/2015 - 8:40pm
Goth_SkunkBut such a hangout *could* be a neat idea. It could be used, for example, for all us GPers to get together and watch the new FemFreq video, and then discuss amongst ourselves in real time what our thoughts are.08/31/2015 - 8:38pm