Minnesota Gains Media Arts School

October 30, 2009 -

The Madison Media Institute (MMI) is set to opena new branch in Minnesota that will offer multiple degree paths, including Game Art & Animation and Digital Media Design & Production.

Dubbed the Minnesota Media Institute, the Edina-based campus is set on the former home of legendary producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, who had called it Flyte Tyme Studios. Grammy-award winning producer and engineer Tom Tucker was part of a group that purchased the space with a goal of launching a world-class training center.

MMI President Chris Hutchings said:

We`re excited to establish a Twin Cities location for MMI, and we’re very much looking forward to bringing our expertise to an already thriving arts community.

An open house to celebrate the branch’s grand opening is scheduled for November 28th.

Comments

Re: Minnesota Gains Media Arts School

Edina is a nice central location, White Bear Lake is up in the middle of nowhere.

Re: Minnesota Gains Media Arts School

Edina? Meh. They should have set up shop in White Bear Lake.

That's the main town for students and scholars around here. Aside from the U of M campus, of course.

ZippyDSMleeShout box sttasahhppppp!!05/22/2015 - 10:47am