Happy Veterans Day

November 11, 2009 -

Happy Veterans Day to all those who served or are serving their country!

If you haven’t yet reached out to a vet in your family or among your friends today, we may have found the perfect e-card for you to send over at someecards.com.

Posted in

Comments

Re: Happy Veterans Day

I will like to senda big salute to our veterans — the men and women who have kept this nation safe for over 233 years.  I have not had the privilege of serving, but my father (Army) and my wife’s father (Marine Corps)  both served in wartime, as have several of my uncles on both sides of my family.

You can read some interesting facts about the american flag

Re: Happy Veterans Day

I still can't shake the feeling Veteran's Day as being a politically incorrect holiday.

Re: Happy Veterans Day

Well, it's called Remembrance Day (or Armistice Day) in Canada and most European countries.  And it's not a holiday, since everybody works.

It's pretty low-key around here.  It's more about remembering the dead than 'celebrating' war veterans.

Re: Happy Veterans Day

I work for the VA (Veterans Affairs). I affect veterans every single day! (Whether thats a good thing or bad is yet to be determined)  ;p

Re: Happy Veterans Day

I come from a military family, so I called my fiance & thanked him for his service, told him to tell my father-in-law to thank him for his service, told him to tell his friend/driver/co-worker to thank him for his service, told him to tell his best friend & friends thank them for their service. & some family members I can't get ahold of b/c they are in other countries. But I love my huge military family & friends! YAY!

"It's better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not." - Montgomery Gentry

Re: Happy Veterans Day

It was also my birthday. I'm like... a walking war memorial or something.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

Re: Happy Veterans Day

Hehe! I like that eCard.

That said, a thank you to troops past and present for protecting freedom, regardless of country.

Re: Happy Veterans Day

Not onyl can I bearly handle simulated ar far but I suck at simulate life as well :P

Happy Vday !

Until lobbying is a hanging offense I choose anarchy! Stop supporting big media and furthering the criminalization of consumers!! http://zippydsmlee.wordpress.com/

---

Poll

Will the New Nintendo 3DS be region free?:

Andrew EisenI love Terry Crews but I'm not sure he fits Luke Cage's personality (maybe Crews' acting range is broader than I realize?). How about Michael Jai White?09/02/2014 - 11:25pm
Papa MidnightTerry Crews for Luke Cage. Make it happen, Marvel and Netflix :)09/02/2014 - 9:58pm
prh99I would be shocked if Nintendo said it was region free, or even made it optional like XBox 360 for that matter.09/02/2014 - 7:22pm
Matthew WilsonI should say the recent past.09/02/2014 - 6:58pm
Matthew Wilsongiven their past, I do not blame people for thinking they will not change. I think they will keep region locking too.09/02/2014 - 6:48pm
E. Zachary KnightMan. People have no confidence in Nintendo regarding region locking the New 3DS.09/02/2014 - 6:20pm
Andrew EisenThat doesn't mean there has to be a movie though. Having said that, I've no doubt that we will eventually get a Black Panther movie. But Stan Lee will probably learn about it around the same time you and I do.09/02/2014 - 2:34pm
MaskedPixelanteWell they have to get to him eventually. Captain America's shield didn't grow on a tree, the minerals to make it had to come from somewhere, and that somewhere is Wakanda.09/02/2014 - 2:31pm
E. Zachary KnightYes, but it has never been confirmed as in development, or even pre-production.09/02/2014 - 2:21pm
MaskedPixelanteBlack Panther's been on the short list for a while.09/02/2014 - 2:18pm
E. Zachary KnightIt is possible that Stan Lee mispoke. I don't think he knows everything Marvel movies. But it is a sweet idea if true.09/02/2014 - 2:04pm
Andrew EisenSo says Stan Lee who almost certainly wouldn't know.09/02/2014 - 2:04pm
MaskedPixelantehttp://www.cinemablend.com/new/Marvel-Black-Panther-Movie-Confirmed-By-Stan-Lee-66993.html Black Panther is apparently getting a movie. And maybe one for Black Widow, even though I think it's too late for her.09/02/2014 - 1:53pm
Cheater87Look what FINALLY came to Australia uncut! http://www.gamespot.com/articles/left-4-dead-2-gets-reclassified-in-australia/1100-6422038/09/02/2014 - 6:49am
Andrew EisenHence the "Uh, yeah. Obviously."09/02/2014 - 12:53am
SleakerI think Nintendo has proven over the last 2 years that it doesn't.09/02/2014 - 12:31am
Andrew EisenSleaker - Uh, yeah. Obviously.09/01/2014 - 8:20pm
Sleaker@AE - exclusives do not a console business make.09/01/2014 - 8:03pm
Papa MidnightI find it disappointing that, despite the presence of a snopes article and multiple articles countering it, people are still spreading a fake news story about a "SWATter" being sentenced to X (because the number seems to keep changing) years in prison.09/01/2014 - 5:08pm
Papa MidnightAnd resulting in PC gaming continuing to be held back by developer habits09/01/2014 - 5:07pm