Happy Veterans Day

November 11, 2009 -

Happy Veterans Day to all those who served or are serving their country!

If you haven’t yet reached out to a vet in your family or among your friends today, we may have found the perfect e-card for you to send over at someecards.com.

Posted in

Comments

Re: Happy Veterans Day

I will like to senda big salute to our veterans — the men and women who have kept this nation safe for over 233 years.  I have not had the privilege of serving, but my father (Army) and my wife’s father (Marine Corps)  both served in wartime, as have several of my uncles on both sides of my family.

You can read some interesting facts about the american flag

Re: Happy Veterans Day

I still can't shake the feeling Veteran's Day as being a politically incorrect holiday.

Re: Happy Veterans Day

Well, it's called Remembrance Day (or Armistice Day) in Canada and most European countries.  And it's not a holiday, since everybody works.

It's pretty low-key around here.  It's more about remembering the dead than 'celebrating' war veterans.

Re: Happy Veterans Day

I work for the VA (Veterans Affairs). I affect veterans every single day! (Whether thats a good thing or bad is yet to be determined)  ;p

Re: Happy Veterans Day

I come from a military family, so I called my fiance & thanked him for his service, told him to tell my father-in-law to thank him for his service, told him to tell his friend/driver/co-worker to thank him for his service, told him to tell his best friend & friends thank them for their service. & some family members I can't get ahold of b/c they are in other countries. But I love my huge military family & friends! YAY!

"It's better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not." - Montgomery Gentry

Re: Happy Veterans Day

It was also my birthday. I'm like... a walking war memorial or something.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

Re: Happy Veterans Day

Hehe! I like that eCard.

That said, a thank you to troops past and present for protecting freedom, regardless of country.

Re: Happy Veterans Day

Not onyl can I bearly handle simulated ar far but I suck at simulate life as well :P

Happy Vday !

Until lobbying is a hanging offense I choose anarchy! Stop supporting big media and furthering the criminalization of consumers!! http://zippydsmlee.wordpress.com/

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Poll

How do you feel about microtransactions in $60 video games?:

PHX Corphttp://www.gamnesia.com/news/sony-is-disabling-users-from-archiving-their-ps4-livestreams-of-until-dawn Sony is Disabling Users from Archiving Their PS4 Livestreams of Until Dawn08/27/2015 - 8:47pm
MattsworknameAndrew: SOrry I didnt get back, i went to bed before I saw your post. The Producer is listed as Arbitor36508/27/2015 - 6:06pm
Andrew EisenNope.08/27/2015 - 4:17pm
ZippyDSMleeDid you guys cover Fatal Frame 5 being nintendo Eshop only?08/27/2015 - 3:55pm
Big Perm120 bucks for a tetanus shot. Thanks Obama08/27/2015 - 3:01pm
Andrew EisenMatthew - Of course they do. I wasn't suggesting otherwise. Hell, Quiet's already been cosplayed quite a bit.08/27/2015 - 1:25pm
Big PermThere's been some pretty good Kill La Kill cosplay08/27/2015 - 12:56pm
Matthew WilsonI saw someone cosplay as the main charector from kill la kill last year at pax, so people do it.....08/27/2015 - 12:55pm
Andrew EisenPerm - Well yeah, Kojima himself said something along the lines of "Cosplay this, I dare you! No, seriously. Please cosplay this!" I was just wondering if there was an in-universe explanation.08/27/2015 - 12:45pm
Andrew EisenCheck out last week's story on The State of Play book for an updated cover and a list of all the authors and their essay titles! http://gamepolitics.com/2015/08/21/state-play-looks-current-state-video-games08/27/2015 - 12:44pm
Big PermI figured it was because titties are awesome08/27/2015 - 12:37pm
Andrew EisenI'm still waiting to see if any reviews spill the beans on the story reasons behind Quiet's goofy getup in Metal Gear Solid 508/27/2015 - 12:33pm
ZippyDSMleeHave you seen what the Deva wrestlers wear? Now lets get all that Japan only DLC for DOA over here, and DOA Volly ball,ect let the whining commence!08/27/2015 - 12:18pm
Matthew Wilsonsuprisingly, there has not been the negative reaction I was expecting.08/27/2015 - 12:13pm
Andrew EisenWe should devote a segment to R. Mika's costume on the podcast. It'll be great!08/27/2015 - 11:40am
Andrew EisenMatt - So... who is the producer of the video you linked?08/27/2015 - 11:15am
ZippyDSMleeAnd its not as bad as rumble roses :P08/27/2015 - 11:14am
ZippyDSMleeE. Zachary Knight: I dunno wrestling is about spectacle nd bad costumes are part and parcel of it..08/27/2015 - 11:13am
Big PermThis costume is amazing. Praise it08/27/2015 - 10:59am
E. Zachary KnightOh wow. This costume is obnoxious. Why? The character and moves are cool but man that costume. Ugh. http://kotaku.com/r-mika-and-her-ridiculous-outfit-join-street-fighter-v-172692528208/27/2015 - 10:56am