Game for Good Uses MW2 to Benefit Kids Charity

November 25, 2009 -

Retailer Game, Activision and Xbox Live have teamed up for a UK-based charity drive based around Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

Activision will donate £1 to the War Child charity for every UK gamer playing MW2 on Xbox Live on December 5th and 6th. Additionally, Xbox Live Gold Memberships will be free that weekend in an effort to boost participation in Games for Good.

War Child benefits children affected by war.

Comments

Re: Game for Good Uses MW2 to Benefit Kids Charity

a bit off topic this but I was just checking the back of the case of "jungle strike" (megadrive/genesis) and saw a screen shot of the whitehouse and rememberd that level set there the controversy of modern warfare 2 being set in america really is nothing new I dont remember any uproar with jungle strike though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpgBeuTZ-qg haha lol

Re: Game for Good Uses MW2 to Benefit Kids Charity

I always used to say "Sod the mission" and missile the White House to death.

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: Game for Good Uses MW2 to Benefit Kids Charity

I like the idea of what the developers are doing. Good for them. There is actually some good on this game. But will this go on the news? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"It's better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not." - Montgomery Gentry

Re: Game for Good Uses MW2 to Benefit Kids Charity

So what are you posting this comment on, if not a news story about it?

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: Game for Good Uses MW2 to Benefit Kids Charity

*Resists urge to make cynical statement about them being more interested in increasing sales and subsrciptions*

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: Game for Good Uses MW2 to Benefit Kids Charity

Resistance is futile.

Hey Activision, it's not charity if you have strings attached! Way to go, profitting on WAR CHILDREN! So if the War Children don't get a big donation it's all our fault for not buying your game? You sick, demented bastards!

MaskedPixelanteOK, is GP having trouble loading for anyone but me?12/25/2014 - 9:21pm
Matthew Wilsonits a bunch of script kiddies. ddosing is one of the easiest thing to do,and most companies can not stop it sadly.12/25/2014 - 5:05pm
MaskedPixelanteI like Nintendo as much as the next person, they're pretty much the only company putting out the games I want to play, but that was pretty embarassing to have NNID go down due to overuse.12/25/2014 - 4:35pm
MaskedPixelanteSee? It's NOT a repeat of last year's fiasco.12/25/2014 - 4:22pm
PHX CorpLizard squad is responsible for The XBL/PSN shutdown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSpZvsoWvig12/25/2014 - 4:17pm
IanCOh shut up bitching about Nintendo. At least they advised people to downloading updates before the big day. Sony/MS? Not a peep.12/25/2014 - 3:50pm
MaskedPixelanteBoth PSN and Xbox Live are down. Since I'm sure Sony and Microsoft have better online support than Nintendo did last year, this isn't from "everyone logging onto their new devices all at once".12/25/2014 - 3:48pm
prh99John Romero's Christmas present, a custom Icon of Sin sculpture. http://www.pcgamer.com/john-romero-gets-the-icon-of-sin-for-christmas/12/25/2014 - 3:37am
Matthew Wilsonthe interview will be on youtube/xb1/ andriod today.12/24/2014 - 1:05pm
james_fudge1900's?12/24/2014 - 12:56pm
james_fudgeYeah we could go way way back :)12/24/2014 - 12:56pm
E. Zachary KnightCopyright law in general has been broken since at least 1976. Could be even earlier than that.12/24/2014 - 12:24pm
james_fudgeWhat he said :) They want to make it worse than it already is.12/24/2014 - 12:14pm
Papa MidnightDMCA has been broken since 1998. Good luck getitng Congress to do something about it.12/24/2014 - 11:39am
Craig R.At least they owned up to the mistake. But doesn't change the fact that DMCA is thoroughly broken.12/23/2014 - 5:23pm
MaskedPixelanteSpeaking of Dark Souls OMG I'M MAKING ACTUAL PROGRESS WTH IS THIS WHAAAAAAA12/23/2014 - 10:49am
MaskedPixelantehttp://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=144500932&postcount=740 Yup, DSFix was part of an unrelated take down, and is being resolved.12/23/2014 - 8:04am
prh99Of course had they not done such a rush on the port we wouldn't dsfix to make the game not look and play like ass. 720 internal renders aren't so hot scaled to 1080.12/23/2014 - 7:38am
Papa MidnightIt was most likely an automated tool. Happens all the time. Just another case of the broken DMCA Claim and Takedown process that puts the entirety of the burden of proof on the accused instead of the claimant.12/22/2014 - 10:09pm
Conster*applauds IanC*12/22/2014 - 7:37pm