Game for Good Uses MW2 to Benefit Kids Charity

Retailer Game, Activision and Xbox Live have teamed up for a UK-based charity drive based around Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

Activision will donate £1 to the War Child charity for every UK gamer playing MW2 on Xbox Live on December 5th and 6th. Additionally, Xbox Live Gold Memberships will be free that weekend in an effort to boost participation in Games for Good.

War Child benefits children affected by war.

Roh02 says:

a bit off topic this but I was just checking the back of the case of "jungle strike" (megadrive/genesis) and saw a screen shot of the whitehouse and rememberd that level set there the controversy of modern warfare 2 being set in america really is nothing new I dont remember any uproar with jungle strike though haha lol

DarkSaber says:

I always used to say "Sod the mission" and missile the White House to death.

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

DarkSaber says:

So what are you posting this comment on, if not a news story about it?

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

sharpshooterbabe says:

I like the idea of what the developers are doing. Good for them. There is actually some good on this game. But will this go on the news? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"It’s better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not." – Montgomery Gentry

Vinzent says:

Resistance is futile.

Hey Activision, it’s not charity if you have strings attached! Way to go, profitting on WAR CHILDREN! So if the War Children don’t get a big donation it’s all our fault for not buying your game? You sick, demented bastards!

DarkSaber says:

*Resists urge to make cynical statement about them being more interested in increasing sales and subsrciptions*

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.