Combat Arms Maker Sends Up F.A.G.S. Video

November 30, 2009 -

Since it’s Monday and we can all use a bit of levity, check out the embedded video from Nexon, the developer of Combat Arms.

The video spoofs Infinity Ward’s now infamous Fight Against Grenade Spam (F.A.G.S.) video, which called out grenade spammers in the Call of Duty series. Nexon applies the same anti-explosive theme to its online, multiplayer first-person shooter. Video funding was provided by “Fight Against Nade Spammers (F.A.N.S.).”

This video is not immune to criticism either however: several YouTube commenters note that the bleeped out curse words in the video are the same ones that got them banned from Combat Arms itself.

Comments

Re: Combat Arms Maker Sends Up F.A.G.S. Video

The "F.A.G.S." thing was downright stupid on Infinity's part. I don't see it as any different than using any other slur, even if they didn't intend it as such.

Beyond that, it just wasn't funny. If you're beyond the age of 14 and still think "fag" is hilarious, it may be time to grow up.

Re: Combat Arms Maker Sends Up F.A.G.S. Video

this whole thing couldve been avoided by being more accurate in their wording

Fight Against Grenade Gratuitous Over The Top Spamming

honestly who would be offended by that?

but in all seriosness just think of a word that begins with R and stick it between the F and A and youd get frags

Re: Combat Arms Maker Sends Up F.A.G.S. Video

I don't recall what it stood for, but Kotaku had a great "F.R.A.G." acronym. Made more sense as well.

Re: Combat Arms Maker Sends Up F.A.G.S. Video

Oh fuck censorship.....

On a side note so grenades are bad but explosive rounds from grenade equiped weapons is bad?

....thats racist!!! either all grenades are  or they aren't.....  stop picking on grenades..... its like picking on machine and gatling/mini guns because they can pin your ass down and perforate it!

Oh PS if you disagree with me your a racists!!
:P

Until lobbying is a hanging offense I choose anarchy! Stop supporting big media and furthering the criminalization of consumers!! http://zippydsmlee.wordpress.com/

---

Re: Combat Arms Maker Sends Up F.A.G.S. Video

And best of all, hes not using Zippy logic

~Weatherlight~
"(Disclaimer, side effects from reading this article include, impotence, lack of energy, eyestrain, guy busting, incontinence, incoherence, lowering of the IQ, erectile dysfunction, headaches, confusion, joy, suffering, frustration, madness, envy, and the rare rare side effect to give all your basses/money to zippy , thank you for taking the time to try and read this :P)"
.:ZippyDSMlee

~Weatherlight~

Re: Combat Arms Maker Sends Up F.A.G.S. Video

Oh damn I ment grenade like rounds from wepons are NOT bad >>

*dies laughing* I forgot I wrote that quote :P

I hope you are well man!

---

Poll

Which video game platform are you most thankful for?:

Andrew EisenThe story you just linked to? The story you asked if anyone had seen? Yes, THAT obnoxiousness. I've heard it parroted for nearly two years now.11/27/2014 - 7:57pm
ZippyDSMleeAndrew Eisen: That shes an ex con man?11/27/2014 - 7:54pm
Andrew EisenI've heard the same obnoxious horse poo for years. It's nothing new.11/27/2014 - 7:45pm
ZippyDSMleeAlso anyone see this? http://guardianlv.com/2014/11/anita-sarkeesian-unmasked-feminist-icon-or-con-artist/11/27/2014 - 7:28pm
ZippyDSMleeEvil within is a badly designed game.11/27/2014 - 7:28pm
Andrew EisenSure but you said "widens," hence my confusion. Looking into it, yep, there's a tweak to completely re-frame the image, adding more info at the top and bottom. You apparently need a fairly beefy rig to keep it running smooth when you do that though.11/27/2014 - 6:48pm
Matthew Wilsonthere is vertical fov, not just horizontal fov11/27/2014 - 6:38pm
Andrew EisenWell, you can widen it to 3:1 or even 10:1 but I don't know why you'd want to. From what I understand it's the missing visual info at the top and bottom that some object to, not that there isn't enough on either side.11/27/2014 - 6:36pm
Matthew WilsonI think it widenss the fov, so you get to see more.11/27/2014 - 6:31pm
Andrew EisenI don't see how as doing so would not add any visual information to the top or bottom of the screen.11/27/2014 - 6:04pm
Matthew Wilsonfrom what I read, getting rid of the black bars and stretching it out made for a better play experience.11/27/2014 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenFrom what I hear, there's a ton of "look up and shoot at the guys above you" stuff in the game that the wider frame doesn't accommodate such actions well.11/27/2014 - 5:55pm
Andrew EisenHaving a game run in scope is not necessarily a bad thing but like any aspect ratio, you have to compose your shots correctly.11/27/2014 - 5:55pm
Neo_DrKefkaThe Evil Within was pretty bad and to make it worse the way the screen size made it hard for you to see even on a big screen it really hurt the game. Being Artistic is great but when you focus on art rather than what sells you run the risk of that happen11/27/2014 - 5:33pm
Matthew WilsonI kinda hope this is not true. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/11/nintendo_might_not_be_making_more_gamecube_controller_adapters_at_the_moment11/27/2014 - 1:34pm
Matthew WilsonI saw that. I wish people would stop preording, but sadly that will never happen.11/27/2014 - 1:26pm
Papa MidnightUbisoft has cancelled the Season Pass for Assassin's Creed: Unity (http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2ni2ac/ubisoft_cancel_season_pass_for_ac_unity/)11/27/2014 - 1:08pm
NeenekoBut now I can use the christmas discount justification too,11/27/2014 - 11:46am
NeenekoI am also sorely temped by Civ:BE, mostly because I have a demo coming up and I know my productivity will tank.11/27/2014 - 11:45am
MaskedPixelanteThe Evil Within is only a month old, right? And it's already 66% off...11/27/2014 - 10:29am