Try Your Hand at Being an MP for a Week

January 12, 2010 -

Tired of UK politicians? Think you could do a better job? An online game from the UK government allows players to take on the role of a backbench MP for a week.

The game, which is very well produced, begins by allowing players to choose a level of play, a party affiliation, an area of the UK to represent and a focus (local issues, world issues or money & finance). No focus on the games industry though sorry.

The game is aimed at 11-14 year olds and features eight types of activities—votes, questions, debates, speech editing, press conferences, messages and meetings. Players are charged with surviving the week without party or voter support dropping too low.

The game drew the support of the Entertainment and Leisure Software Publishers Association (ELSPA). ELSPA Director General Mike Rawlinson said about the game, “We are pleased to see Parliament embracing videogames in this way and finally appreciating the relevance of videogames in many areas of work and play.“

Comments

Re: Try Your Hand at Being an MP for a Week

This game has only one political point of veiw

Re: Try Your Hand at Being an MP for a Week

Lol. I know I would get rid of all the bull shit laws & the ones that don't make sense & spend waaaaaayyyyyyyy too much money. I would keep the equal laws that do make sense & make a difference.

"It's better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not." - Montgomery Gentry

Re: Try Your Hand at Being an MP for a Week

The game is nothing like that.

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: Try Your Hand at Being an MP for a Week

Someone should make a Canadian edition where you pick up a phone, call the governor general, and then go on vacation for two months.

---
Fangamer

---
Fangamer

Re: Try Your Hand at Being an MP for a Week

Can I bludgeon Vaz with a blunt instrument?

Re: Try Your Hand at Being an MP for a Week

Time to play "Who Can Fail The Fastest" :-P

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

MattsworknameYeah, i got started and then made it through t the first few misions anthen blood borne05/23/2015 - 10:13pm
Goth_SkunkWhich one, Dragon Age?05/23/2015 - 8:20pm
Wonderkarpalso waiting patiently for Batman.05/23/2015 - 7:36pm
MattsworknameIn still trying ot beat that game the first time. Freaking game has so much side questing05/23/2015 - 7:34pm
Goth_SkunkPlaying a third and probably final playthrough of Dragon Age: Inquisition. Once that's done, I'll move on to AC: Unity, most likely, then get caught up on A-list games I have yet to play, like Murdered: Soul Suspect and Shadows of Mordor.05/23/2015 - 6:33pm
MattsworknameIf you own a vita and like monster hunter, but dont like the bs filler that goes with it. Try tokiden kiwmai05/23/2015 - 6:11pm
Matthew Wilsonaparently their servers got crushed, but I dont see the game selling well. Nintendo fans tend not to be fans of competitive fps05/23/2015 - 5:48pm
MattsworknameSPlatton looks intersting, Love the are style, gonna give the game a try with the upcoming test fire05/23/2015 - 4:39pm
PHX Corp@Technogeek, I'm returning for one more Run with the Global testfire05/23/2015 - 3:41pm
WonderkarpI'm bouncing all over the place but right now I'd say I'm playing Super Mario 64 trying to max out the stars. 2 worlds and 2 secret stars to go05/23/2015 - 1:12pm
TechnogeekReminder: Splatoon Global Testfire returns this afternoon/evening.05/23/2015 - 12:45pm
Andrew EisenA bit busy with my 30 Days of Netflix project but I did play through the first world of New Super Mario Bros. 2 at a sushi restaurant last night.05/23/2015 - 10:59am
MattsworknameSo, whats everyone playing? Im still knee deep in bloodborne, but finaly beat Rom the spider05/23/2015 - 7:20am
Matthew Wilsonmy bad was doing it from my phone.05/22/2015 - 11:34pm