Try Your Hand at Being an MP for a Week

January 12, 2010 -

Tired of UK politicians? Think you could do a better job? An online game from the UK government allows players to take on the role of a backbench MP for a week.

The game, which is very well produced, begins by allowing players to choose a level of play, a party affiliation, an area of the UK to represent and a focus (local issues, world issues or money & finance). No focus on the games industry though sorry.

The game is aimed at 11-14 year olds and features eight types of activities—votes, questions, debates, speech editing, press conferences, messages and meetings. Players are charged with surviving the week without party or voter support dropping too low.

The game drew the support of the Entertainment and Leisure Software Publishers Association (ELSPA). ELSPA Director General Mike Rawlinson said about the game, “We are pleased to see Parliament embracing videogames in this way and finally appreciating the relevance of videogames in many areas of work and play.“

Comments

Re: Try Your Hand at Being an MP for a Week

This game has only one political point of veiw

Re: Try Your Hand at Being an MP for a Week

Lol. I know I would get rid of all the bull shit laws & the ones that don't make sense & spend waaaaaayyyyyyyy too much money. I would keep the equal laws that do make sense & make a difference.

"It's better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not." - Montgomery Gentry

Re: Try Your Hand at Being an MP for a Week

The game is nothing like that.

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: Try Your Hand at Being an MP for a Week

Someone should make a Canadian edition where you pick up a phone, call the governor general, and then go on vacation for two months.

---
Fangamer

---
Fangamer

Re: Try Your Hand at Being an MP for a Week

Can I bludgeon Vaz with a blunt instrument?

Re: Try Your Hand at Being an MP for a Week

Time to play "Who Can Fail The Fastest" :-P

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.destructoid.com/director-del-toro-says-silent-hi… Can not say I am surprised sadly. I feel bad for del Toro because every time he tries to do a video game project it falls apart.04/26/2015 - 1:42pm
Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm