Gamers: Jace Has Your Back

February 19, 2010 -

Jason/Jace Hall has had a long and varied career centered in interactive entertainment, but he’s found yet another new career to try out—recording star.

Hall is putting out an EP entitled Video Games Aren’t Bad For Ya, which as you might imagine, will attempt to put games in a positive light. The EP’s first single is called I Play W.O.W., an unapologetic ode to playing the massively multiplayer online game.

Hall's take on game critics:

When you are told that you are being lazy, or wasting your time, or being anti social – when in fact you have just spent 22 hours working VERY hard with a GROUP of people accomplishing extremely difficult tasks – you want to tell the uninformed person accosting you to F** OFF!

While the song has a certain Weird Al quality to it, it’s all in fun, and Hall is a giant of a man, so we’ll reserve any further judgment. Just go listen to/download a clean version of the song here. Clean and explicit versions are available on iTunes for 99 cents each.

Hall was a co-founder and CEO of Monolith Productions before moving on to become Senior Vice President of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Now he is an Executive Producer of the ABC television show V: The Series and star of the Jace Hall Show.

Comments

Re: Gamers: Jace Has Your Back

Heh. Pretty much hate all rap but this is good stuff. Might look into the full album. Audio quality on that recording was a tad mediocre though

Re: Gamers: Jace Has Your Back

I'm not normally into rap, but I loved that.

Nerdcore is really the only relevant rap there is.

Re: Gamers: Jace Has Your Back

Anything that has a weird al flavoring has to be good in my book.

Re: Gamers: Jace Has Your Back

"While the song has a certain Weird Al quality to it, it’s all in fun"

Yes, as opposed to the deadly serious work we have all come to expect from Weird Al.

Re: Gamers: Jace Has Your Back

Sweet, Jace is back in action!

Let's see how they llike this!

-----------------------------

"A Chrono Trigger is anything that unleashes its will or desire to change history!" -Gaspar
-----------------------------