Complete Game Marathon to Benefit Haiti

February 22, 2010 -

The Singapore-MIT Game Lab has planned a benefit for Haiti earthquake victims that involves epic lengths of game play.

The Complete Game Completion Marathon 2010 will see a group of teams attempt to complete a wide variety of games. The event takes place this weekend, February 26-28 in the Gambit Game Lab on the campus of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Massachusetts and will be broadcast live on Ustream.

Donations are being accepted via the Complete Game Completion Marathon 2010 website and will benefit Partners in Health, a group that brings modern medical care to poor communities and which has been active in Haiti for over 20 years.

A full list of teams, with the games they will play and the estimated time of completion, follows:

• The Stickhandlers—NHL 10 full season—25 hours
  • Fire Hose for Haiti—Final Fantasy, Mega Man 9 and Mario Kart—35 hours
  • Being Bad for Good—Mass Effect 1 and 2—25 hours
  • A Song for the World—Hatsune Miku: Project Diva—30 hours
  • The Panzerfaustian Bargain—Left 4 Dead—8 hours
  • Team Funwolf—Shadow of the Colossus—8 hours
  • Team Funwolf: Lonewolf—The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time—15 hours
  • Clara Fernandez Vara—The Curse of Monkey Island—15 hours
  • Team Medkit—Doom 1 and 2—15 hours
  • Team Friendless—Phantom Hourglass—18 hours
  • Consoles Are So Last Millennium—every game on Marleigh Norton’s iPhone—13.5 hours

The Singapore-MIT Game Lab is a partnership between MIT and the government of Singapore designed to explore new directions in the development of videogames.

Comments

Re: Complete Game Marathon to Benefit Haiti

This is an awesome cause. If I could I would get some female gamers around and play Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare for this cause.

"It's better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not." - Montgomery Gentry

Re: Complete Game Marathon to Benefit Haiti

Always good to hear about something like this. And if I could, Team Fire hose for me.

Hunting the shadows of the troubled dreams.

Hunting the shadows of the troubled dreams.

Re: Complete Game Marathon to Benefit Haiti

Second link is broken.  It reads http://%20http//cgcmarathon.org

Re: Complete Game Marathon to Benefit Haiti

I wish I'd known about this--and if I'd joined Funwolf I would've gotten off pretty easy too

www.gameslaw.net

Poll

Will limiting Steam services to accounts that have spent at least $5 eliminate spammers?:

Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm
Andrew EisenGreat, but that STILL doesn't tell me what she said, why she was attacked (or what the attack was) or what "standard line" she's following. Details, man. Details!04/24/2015 - 3:25pm
Andrew EisenOr what the heck Nina White (someone else I've never heard of) is actually referring to.04/24/2015 - 3:24pm
Matthew Wilson@AE she is a game dev. she used to do stuff with hormanix and now works with https://outact.net/#!/?page_id=2 she will often engage and debate both side.04/24/2015 - 3:23pm
Andrew Eisen...following.04/24/2015 - 3:23pm
Andrew EisenYou mean focus on stopping the bad behavior of those who are doing it rather than condemning all the people that associate with them? Great. But I still don't know who Emma Clarkson is, what she said, why she was attacked or what "standard line" she's04/24/2015 - 3:23pm