IRS Pilot Inspires 8-bit Game

Joe Stack, the man who crashed a plane into an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) building in Austin, Texas last week, has certainly made an impact on society as well, with many debating his manifesto in the wake of the incident

Whether you see Stack’s final message as the ramblings of a madman, or as the ramblings of a madman tinged with perhaps a vein of lucidity, Newgrounds has a very short and simple 8-bit styled game up on its site that will allow you to walk—and fly—a few feet in Stack’s shoes.

Entitled Tax Time!, the game begins with users burning their house down before jumping in a plane to their final destination. Along the way, news items converge and users can crash their plane into a car to earn an “Auto Recall” medal. Upon reaching their final destination, the game displays the message “Justice is Served” and awards the player another medal for “Sticking it to the Man.”
The title was created by Newgrounds member Falcon who says that he enjoys “making stupid games in 24 hours or less.” The game was submitted on February 18th, the same day Stack flew his plane into the building.

|Via PrisonPlanet|

jedidethfreak says:

Nope.  In 5 years, we’d end up in the exact same spot.  While I’m sure most Americans are ready for a change, it won’t just by getting new blood in.

Wasn’t that "change" supposed to come when Obama was elected?  At least, that was what was plastered all over just about anything that had his face on it.

You KILL Vampires. You don’t DATE them.

sharpshooterbabe says:

The IRS isn’t feeling too good about themselves right now. That’s their fault & the government’s fault. I think the government should be burned down & keep the Constitution of the United States & start out anew w/new senators & dems & repubs. If not, America will become a wasteland in the future or it will become better in the future.

"It’s better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not." – Montgomery Gentry

SeanB says:

Current Score: 4.26 / 5.00

Wow, gamers are newgrounds really don’t have much to live for, do they? The game takes less than 15 seconds to complete.

wait, that’s the creators rateing. Here’s the games rating

Average Score: 8.9 / 10

Lou says:

All I saw awas a man with a bad beef against the IRS and he was stupid enough to commit a violent act. What boils my blood is the idiotic whack jobs who are praising this guy. Makes me wanna go to their house a punch them square in the face. Hell I am not a fan of the bloody IRS but that doesn’t give me enough reason to go and crash a plane into a building a la 9/11. Dude that’s just messed up.

I read his manifesto and it sounded more libertarian than right or left in my opinion.

gellymatos says:

I know what you mean. It’s worse if you go to the comments page on any site with a story on it. The same thing happened when that guy, KKK I believe, shot up the Holocaust Museum. The left blamed the right and vice versa. Ask the extremes of eithe side, and you would think the other side has no othe intention than destroying the country.

Zerodash says:

Its hilarious and sad how both right and left try to pin this guy as one of the "opposition".

Funny how Conservative pundits, when the news was scant about the incident, were poised to lay the blame on Islamic terror.  After the motives and ID of the pilot were made clear, they barely mentioned the incident again.

Even funnier is how the left, who made clear years ago that they consider flying planes into buildings is a perfectly acceptable way to air a grievance (Palestinian oppression), are trying to vilify this guy as a hated "Tea Bagger".

Politics is so polarized in this country that every goddamned tragedy has to be used as political ammuniton.  If anything, the pilot shows that at the end of the day, both right and left ideaology can meet at horrible, extreme ends.

chadachada321 says:

I only heard of this incident once in passing, where I heard that someone burned his house down and crashed a plane into an IRS building. I thought to myself, "bravo."

-Optimum est pati quod emendare non possis-It is best to endure what you cannot change-

Shadow D. Darkman says:

Odd. This is the first time I’ve heard of the IRS being attacked. (Seriously, I never saw the story in any news outlet I frequently check on before now)

Oh, well. I’m sure someone Squee’d when the news got out.

"A Chrono Trigger is anything that unleashes its will or desire to change history!" -Gaspar

David says:

Wait, what does this have to do with the Tea Party Movement?  The guy quotes the Communist Manifesto at the end.  He’s on about Fat Cats and the rich getting government money at the expense of the poor and middle class.  He’s got about as much in common with the Tea Party as Bill Maher.

vellocet says:

I don’t really understand why this isn’t on any of the major news sites.  This was the first time that I had actually heard of it.

If this were the Bush years, the TEA party movement would be considered enemies of the state.  Afterall, TEA stands for Taxed Enough Already.

nightwng2000 says:

Rest assured, there will be independently and individually produced folk songs, poems, hero worship, and many other things that will document Stack’s actions.  Many will be rarely, if ever, known by society at large.  Many will receive deserved, and even undeserved, attention.    Expression in the form of a video game is, and will be, hardly unique.

NW2K Software

Nightwng2000 is now admin to the group "Parents For Education, Not Legislation" on MySpace as

hellfire7885 says:

Tasteless, but at least it’s not another V tech rampage, but when it catches on it will surely be said someone in the game industry proper made it.